- - - - -

alcohol

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lonewolf

• 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:28 PM

Hello,

I only learned of the Immortality Institute recently, and have just introduced myself elsewhere on this forum:

http://www.imminst.o...t=0

After reading through the Maximum Life Foundation's "Owner's Manual..." section{s} on alcohol, I felt compelled to ask myself: "How 'much' {alcohol} is too much?"

We all know that alcohol kills brain cells, and has various other detrimental side effects... In fact, barring the media buzz about the beneficial effects of resveratrol in red wine {which can also be found in Peanut Butter}, I think everyone understands that alcohol isn't "good" for you.

But how much is too much?

The hardliner may give a zero tolerance policy for introducing alcohol into their bodies. Other souls may allow some in moderation--

But my question remains. Is it reasonable to allow certain {so called} "guilty" pleasures in moderation?

Is it all right to relax to your nightly glass of Merlot, enjoy the resulting {mild} intoxication, and still reasonably expect to take advantage of an otherwise healthy lifestyle? To expect to take advantage of immortality as a fully sentient being {if the time comes} indefinitely?

Perhaps cells without a reproduction limit can assuage the fears of those "concerned connoseiur's," or perhaps those chocolate enthusiasts , or etc. etc., who wonder: "Why live if you can't feel alive?"

The whole line of thought simply begs the question: Is your nightly glass of Merlot a neccessary sacrifice for immortality?

#2 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:38 PM

The whole line of thought simply begs the question: Is your nightly glass of Merlot a neccessary sacrifice for immortality?

there is nothing wrong with having one glass of red wine a day. Alcohol itself has beneifical affects over and above the effects of the reservetrol found in red wine. Mostly this has to do with the fact that it does indeed help one to relax. And being relaxed can go a long way toward better health.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 lonewolf

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 01:01 AM

Mostly this has to do with the fact that it does indeed help one to relax. And being relaxed can go a long way toward better health.

here, here!

#4 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 05:25 AM

You can also take a nightly cortisol-destroying cocktail of holy basil and ashwagandha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users