• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Trazodone caused opioids to poop out on me - Anyone know the pharmacological significance of this?

pharmacology

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FrogWarrior

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:28 AM

I used to use codeine for 2 weeks at a time, sometimes longer. The obvious tolerance would arise as expected. But one day it just stopped working altogether. Now I can only use it one day in a row, and have to wait at least a week before the next time I use it because it just causes bad effects, the opposite of what I would use it for. This happened me with phenibut too, but its obviously not normal for it to happen with codeine like that since opioid addicts commonly stay on the drug for many years. This coincided with me taking trazodone nightly for over a month. So it seems trazodone had something to do with causing the tachyphylaxis. I don't know enough pharmacology to utilise this observation but I think it could have big implications for finding ways to reverse tolerance and tachyphylaxis. This pooping out phenomenon is very common with these serotonergic antidepressants, it happened me with both trazodone and mirtazapine. I recently tried amitryptiline but it is pooped out on me by default. Thats interesting because I was able to switch from trazodone to mirtazapine no problem and it took a good month for mirtazapine to stop working. The exact same thing applies to all these substances, if I wait a week or two, then I will get the usual effects for a day/night, but if I attempt to use them the following day they will have the opposite effects on me. Baclofen works like this for me by default due to my previous phenibut use.

My energy levels these days are so low I find it hard to research anything, but I'm fascinated by what can be learned from my particular case in which all these substances stopped working, but will work for 1 day if I stay off them for a week. I should also mention that bad but short lasting withdrawal symptoms can start if I attempt to use them more than 1 day, but using them just the 1 day then I'm fine afterwards.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pharmacology

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users