Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

var $200 Contest with specifity to aging theory

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:50 PM

I'm having a contest. The prize is 200 units of the quasicash known as greenzap webcash. with a random lesser amount of actual paypal funds to contest entries that specifically build their application on a theory of aging
visit http://www.greenzap.com to evaluate webcash.

The contest is: think of a new supplement, medication, or process that you believe will add years to life or life to years.

Winner will be announced on August 23. Post your idea here to be eligible. Until a different judge is nominated I nominate treonsverdery. Different judge nominations welcome here.

Here are samples to provoke your responses be as silly or as technically valid as you like.

Item
Use the pruning n unpruning mechanism of swimmers fingers to pump lipofuscins n glycosylation products out of tissues
cumulative glycosylation gunk like is thought to challenge metabolic n repair mechanisms. That's a possible mechanism. Just as the amazingly simple but less than optimal CR affects tissue with a macro change A medication that affects the osmotic pressure of tissues perhaps combined with a nutritional surplus of supple less than average weight (leaky) fatty acids may with the use of water retention n outosmosis create a body situation where your tissues Plump n unplump just like human fingers that go swimming. supporting the idea that osmotically pumped body tissues will tolerate the procedure is that human fingers are full of sensitive nerve microorgans that are fully functional after a swimmers fingers unplump Measuring amount of glycosylation with sleeptime plump-unplump cycles will verify this strategy. Rapidly testable with lab animals and even food tissue samples with a glycosylation measurement way.

Item
Cheap RNA lifespan increase availability
There's references that feeding rodents RNA makes them live perhaps 10 or 20 pt longer. Feeding people RNA is a bulky KG process. This is a fun way to make bulk lifespan improving RNA. Mass quantities cheap cheap cheap.

Nucleic acids are separable from plants with a kit that uses salt, etoh or isopropanol, as well as a detergent. Now skipping all the details visualize the manic juice guy on TV:

He's tossing grass clippings and yard waste n the juicer. he's got half a bathtub full of pureed lawn. He adds the antifreeze(dog edible kind)(an -ol), store brand laundry detergent, sidewalk salt as the recipe goes. He stirs the muck, then either pans n twirls up a bunch of nucleic acid polymers or just puts an item on his juice device to twirl it up. He's purified goop thats at least half nucleic acids. He gives it a rinse, then adds an orange. He drinks it being juice guy enthusiastic. He notes that mice fed the goop from his recipe live a third longer just like lab mice. True. He notes that lawn has a different GC:AU ratio than leaves, he's even throwing grass seed if you pick up the phone now.

Item

Ordinary German people believe that drinking pee is beneficial. You don't know why but you believe them. You also doubt you will have people paying a pharmaceutical company to drink their own pee, thus you create:
the idea that drinking pee is beneficial because one or more of these is true:
veggies as well as things like green tea are benefial because they are metabolized with the liver to functional secondary metabolites. redrinking these secondary metabolites is beneficial. [optional teleological nonsense]Your product, which is farm animal urine, most likely pig as they have nearest physiology, is the secondary metabolites of gallons of pee absorbed onto an ionic resin. The farm animals eat variety vegetables. must have: lab animals fed your resin do better at whatever.

optional teleological nonsense: as millions of years of evolutionary time has passed the ability of organisms to develop organs like the liver to detoxify is a manifest truth. speculatively a better liver would evolve to transform difficult chemicals to useful ones, a little like different body systems transform erythrocytes to lipid dissolving gall, or carotenes to vitamin a. The secondary metabolites your liver produces likely have great value.

Use these items as a guide. Do Better. Create new drugs. Win fun Prize. The items described are public domain. every author retains full rights to ther respective contributions. There is a mention of this same contest at imminst.org supplements area, this is the only mention of the tiny random cash part if the contest item builds from a theory of aging My only affiliation with Imminst is as a member.

Treon
edit: changed wording on Funny Juice guy Item from a third longer to 10 or 20 pt longer
edit: doubled prize based on currency valuation
edit: changed nonsense decription of RNA ratio to GC:AU

Edited by treonsverdery, 30 July 2005 - 04:16 AM.

#2 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:57 AM

does anyone think this qualifies as new product or process. I'd like this if there were named chemicals. It appears to be a longevity chemical creation process do blue cheese fungi even have hayflick susceptability

Item:
engineer multiple different batches of cheesemaking bacteria or fungi with directed mutation to defy the hayflick lim, then a chemical will diffuse from the bacteria to the cheese, then the mice that eat the cheese will live longer.

Treon

Edited by treonsverdery, 26 July 2005 - 03:16 AM.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

• Lurker

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:14 AM

Actually that sounds like a very simple way to introduce additional nutritional or therapeutic factors. The limitation, of course is that these factors need to account for the restriciton of the digestive system (e.g. low pH). I don't know how novel (i.e. patentworthy) it is but it's a great idea. It is certainly a very economic way to produce but one would have to be wary of dosaging.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:58 AM

How much is "100 units of the quasicash "?

#5 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:38 AM

visit http://www.greenzap.com to evaluate webcash
If you use paypal frequently Greenzap approaches face falue, If you like objects it a third or two of face value.
The currency was characterized at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...eName=WDVW&rd=1 Where the cash value was from a 5 to 10 pt face value. I doubled the prize to be more valuable.

John, I viewed a few of your items here they are well structured n written. If you have ideas on new functional products the prize is just a way to urge you to write

Treon

Edited by treonsverdery, 26 July 2005 - 06:39 PM.

#6 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:31 AM

Actually that sounds like a very simple way to introduce additional nutritional or therapeutic factors.

I like mice n cheese as a fun way to say that, but much more effective way to try that research: directed mutation of fungi to pass hayflick, then use daphnia which (usually) just live a couple months as lab animals to see if the fungal overhaflick chemicals affect them. daphnia have livers, vision, n learning. they have wonderful surface area absorption possibilities as well.

If artemesia, brine shrimp, put up with it or have glycosylation they's be an adequate research animal on the swimmers fingers osmotic plus highly labile lipid AGE(glycosylation lipofuscin) treatment.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:41 AM

The RNA juice guy might be recast as study replication with GIG technology

The first published version of a lifespan doubling technology is described at http://www.vrp.com/art/1083.asp Dr. Max Odens conducted a study with ten 750-day-old rats, of a species that had a normal lifespan of 800-900 days. Five rats were untreated controls. The other five received weekly injections of “DNA solution in water…plus ordinary RNA.” Unfortunately, details of the exact composition and dosage that was administered were not given. After twelve weeks of injections, Odens reported that the treated rats looked younger, were very lively, and had gained weight, in contrast to the untreated rats which “looked old, moved slowly, did not eat much, and had lost weight. The difference was remarkable.” Odens further reported that all of the untreated rats died before 900 days, while 4 of the treated rats survived between 1600 and 1900 days, and one rat lived 2250 days! Odens concluded that “with weekly injections of DNA and RNA, the life span of 4 rats was doubled on the average, and the life span of the fifth rat was more than trebled.” These results are frankly, hard to believe. But some credence must be given this report, considering the journal in which it was published—the prestigious Journal of the American Geriatrics Society

Here are my thoughts

Replicate the study.

Item
Hype: With an artificial heart you live a few years longer With a GIG your lifespan doubles.
The first journal published reference I'm aware of where a mammals lifespan was doubled was IV RNA plan: reproduce the result. New technology: GI resections are well developed technology. A GI Graft that contains a shunt to a major vein would allow humans to swallow magnetic or surface treated pills, that then linger n release at the GIG, then the GIG delivers a very high concentration of medication to the bloodstream. Useful with a variety of medications creating a laproscopic or endoscopic surgery to place the GIG is beneficial. GIG a surgery, with medication that doubles lifespan Vast numbers of people would double their lifespan with pills, few with IV. GIG allows IV to be replaced with pills.

Giving rats IV RNA to double their lifespan is like giving people IV ebay. There's a lot of stuff there, The car, house, food, electronics are useful but what about the RNA videos, beanie babies, garments, n memorabilia. small interfering RNA siRNA are drugs of their own. A wide variety of RNA application theories are testable with daphnia or artemesia: just common repeats, rare sequences only, amino acid ratios, mRNA, tRNA, High diffusion rate short non siRNA, RNA sequences produced with the most common RNAses, RNA sequences produced with rare RNAses. Vastly more ideas are possible. Each of these has possible merit to equal or better the published lifespan doubling with what the author called ordinary RNA.

Posted Image

#8 Mark Hamalainen

• 564 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:21 AM

You can't be serious...

AT:UC ratio?

This is the sort of thing that discredits anti-aging research and prevents funds from going to serious work.

#9 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:50 AM

Treon noncorrectly wrote:

well, A n T pair together
U n C pair together

Osiris points out:

G and C bind together

U replaces T in RNA as compared to DNA.

are the pairs

Some organisms have nucleid acid stretches like
101010101010 with a half ratio
different organisms have stretches like
101101101011011010110110 with a sided ratio.

a researcher I did simple tasks with used the DNA codon table to specify gene sequences that were as high as possible GC amino codons. That nucleic acid ration was about 2/3 GC 1/3 AT

My bacteriology book shows bacteria with 2/3 AT to 1/3 GC DNA

I believe that when the body throws the RNA enzymes that snip these molecules named RNAses the different ratioed RNA that the combinatorial rubble is different, among many possibilities are differing active drug siRNAs

Treon
edit: as written

Edited by treonsverdery, 30 July 2005 - 04:21 AM.

#10 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:52 AM

A:T ratio 1:1
U:C ratio 1:1

AT : UC ratio varies with species

#11 Mark Hamalainen

• 564 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:55 AM

G and C bind together

U replaces T in RNA as compared to DNA.

I think you should slow down and consider your words before you post, you're flooding the boards.

#12 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 04:11 AM

You are right about the GC AU pairing. I appreciate your keen eye.

Treon Verdery

#13 John Schloendorn

• 2,542 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:55 PM

Ok, here's my contest entry (I'm sure someone else must have thought of this before, but it looks like you were too slow for this contest, buddy ;-)

Scrap SENS and stem cells and invest all your energy into rocket science. The objective is to make a one-man capsule that accelerates away from earth, with no capacity to return on its own. It would have to get really close to light speed, then burn out and keep its outbound vector for good.
There would be a biostasis company that sells these projectiles, and launches people just before or when they die. Time dilatation would make sure that all physical decay is essentially arrested for the "chrononaut", until back on earth we have a technological singularity during which the biostasis company acquires all the means with faster-than-light travel and whatnot to bring the projectiles back and revive the patients.

#14 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:13 PM

chrononaut

Fun Just as soon as we get the energy density thing figured out I'm sure GNC will have little wrist rockets that the moment one's pulse stops bam 10^100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Gs of acceleration. anyway, the funny thing is that at itsy teeny sizes of sentience your idea is functional. If they figure out a way to move just two electrons back n time then those two electrons are capable of a vast, just prior to present automata that simulates whatever size consciousness. If the thing with pretime electrons is near atom size then even the particle accelerators we have now bring it to relativistic rates. It thinks its building a huge reef of simulated consciousness, from our perspective it's having sudden present technology.

You know John I can't win my own contest your idea is the front runner.

#15 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:40 PM

Item

cryonic improvement with MRI n thermal holography

I thought of a new cryonics idea that might be beneficial. during the 20th century freezing big things caused voids n cracks
visualize dried lumber. efforts are being made to create vitrification, sudden noncrystalline glass phase frozen tissue that
has not added volume due to the way water freezes.

many body tissues are more compressible, recoverable or less precious than others.
using a thermal hologram areas of physical stress relief may be placed at either intervals or better, along less valued tissues
as imaged with MRI. That way when freezing a brain the gray matter skips freeze fracture compression at the procedure; If it is
the case that 1 mm bugs are freezable n revivable then as we are immanent on .1mm MRI all the freeze strain a brain or body
goes through is directable at less valued tissues like collagen, leaving the more valued tissues as livingly revivable as those tiny bugs.
I've just read that water bears "tardigrade -- an insect that measures only a couple hundred microns across" have been revived.
Are there bigger things at this time that have been revived

Posted Image+ Posted Image = better reviveability

#16 John Schloendorn

• 2,542 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:56 AM

You know John I can't win my own contest your idea is the front runner

Yes, that's why I posted this ;-) Come on guys, do something!!

#17 olaf.larsson

• 583 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:43 AM

I will present a nice and lucid total theory of aging if you
have the patience to wait one month from now.

#18 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:49 PM

Put your Idea up right away, I might have future contests, you are welcome to place better versions of your ideas there.

what makes a better prize than quasicash
actual money
supplements
Going to Bill Joy's party
fun party favors

#19 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:45 AM

The contest is written about at http://www.halfbaker...ement_20contest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users