- - - - -

Fixing Glitches, Etc. Would Help Participation

glitches

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:34 AM

I just tried to send out some private messages.  When I went back into a draft message I had just written, I was told I could not do that for five more minutes or so.  When I tried to send another message, the same thing happened.  I cannot express how annoying that is.  

I put a lot of time into an article about journalist Gary Webb on my blog.  It is rife with spacing glitches which make me look bad.  The blog software also randomly underlines words, like "book" and links back to the the same post.  The forum software all randomly underlines the word "blog" and "book."  It is hard to have a system that makes you look bad.  I am unable to create good looking links, also.  Currently, I have to pick topic tags for my blog posts, but before I did not have to and it looked less cluttered.  There are always a lot of glitches and sub-optimal choices for the blogs.  In the past these were painfully improved, one by one but then there'd be a site "overhaul" and the glitches and unfortunate choices would reappear.  A spell and grammar check you run voluntarily when you want would be nice, as would being able to have two spaces after each sentence or tabs.    

I am probably the most active blogger.  If there things could be changed, participation would likely improve.   

Edited by Luminosity, 02 November 2014 - 06:35 AM.

#2 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:58 AM

Maybe the limit on messages was caused by a lapsed membership. I didn't get a notification.  The other concerns are valid.  You can see the blog post I referred to here:    

http://www.longecity...s-death-by-cia/

There are large spaces between the lines in places.  In other places there were no spaces.  I had to create them with white characters you can't see. 

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for bringing these glitches to our attention.

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:23 PM

The part about the forum adding links to certain words like "book" or "journal" or "blog" or a bunch of others is the Keywords feature.  As I recall, it was described as a trial.  I think we've given it a fair trial by now, and suggest that we ask the community if it should stay, or, anticipating the results of such a poll, just deactivate it.  Everything I've heard from the community so far has been negative on it.

• like x 1

#5 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:03 AM

You're welcome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users