Lamisil and Liver health Stack

lamisil tmg liver

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cgriffin

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:16 PM

I plan to start Lamisil after the new year to get rid of some fungus I've had on my feet for years. The doctor says the only concern is liver health so there will be monthly tests and no alcohol while on it. I'm wondering if I should be doing more to help my liver.

I've already purchased Milk Thistle but I'm wondering if I should also take TMG as well. This is in addition to my usual supplement regimen (krill oil, multi, Vit D w/K, b-complex, microdose lithium, zinc and mag, Curcumin, garlic, and resveratrol). See any issues with taking these while on Lamisil or should I take till I'm off?

Thanks

Edited by cgriffin, 29 December 2014 - 08:19 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#2 Strelok

• 370 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:42 AM

I've heard good things about, and currently take, Livercare by Himalaya. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Dorian Grey

• 2,148 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:59 AM

PPC (polyenylphosphatidylcholine) brand name "PhosChol" protects against alcohol and carbon tetrachloride quite well.  

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/9314134

Polyenylphosphatidylcholine prevents carbon tetrachloride-induced lipid peroxidation while it attenuates liver fibrosis

Don't know if Lamisil stresses the liver in a similar manner as these toxins, but PPC seems to be a powerful liver protectant. 

#4 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:39 PM

Personally I would not take lamisil.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5 cgriffin

• Topic Starter
  • 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:16 PM

Why?

#6 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:57 AM

Why?

Jesus H Christ, DO NOT TAKE THIS STUFF. Sand down your nails and put Vick's Vaporub on 'em. Chop off your toes. Do ANYTHING but take Lamisil.

Maybe I'm just biased because it trashed my liver (I was pissing brown and my skin turned yellow), and maybe touched off some kind of autoimmune thing, thus precipitating a year and a half of hell which I'm barely beginning to recover from, but seriously, check out this list of side effects and tell me it's worth it (besides the liver I had several of them, though not the loss / disruption of taste which is the most common one you find online).

There are other, perhaps more labor intensive, but ultimately safer ways to treat nail fungus.

Seriously, would you rather risk LUPUS or soak your toes in vinegar 30 minutes a day?

Plus you won't have to give up beer, which I now can't drink for at least two years if ever again.

Edit: I finally got to the doctor 6 weeks after stopping and my enzymes were still 10x higher than normal.

Edited by StevesPetRat, 31 December 2014 - 12:58 AM.

• Informative x 1

#7 arska

• 54 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

Please cosider trying topically a mixture of DMSO, Vitamin C and Oil of Oregano before trying Lamisil for a month.

Regards,

#8 cgriffin

• Topic Starter
  • 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:37 PM

So I've decided to put off Lamisil and possibly look into alternatives after reading Steves story. I've tried the vicks method for years on and off and never had much luck. It would initially look better but come back after I stopped using it. The main reason I was getting tired of having it isn't because I did a toughmudder two years ago and afterwards the big toe's nail fell off. Since then the nail doesn't grow back correctly. Every time it grows it seems to not connect fully and just falls off again I assume because of the fungus. I'll try another method. Arska, does your method permanently kill it?

• Good Point x 1

#9 itpp

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:01 AM

OTC athelete foot cream??

Didn't know that wow

#10 factsmachine

• 100 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:39 AM

Also look into TUDCA.
Milk thistle, Phosphatidyl Choline. 

Wait.. WTF? To treat athletes foot this shit is OTC?
What... I've taken it before too.. What are alternatives, because I have athletes foot too.

Edited by factsmachine, 01 January 2015 - 11:40 AM.

#11 arska

• 54 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

Arska, does your method permanently kill it?

Yes it did at least in my case. I have prepared it to some of my friends and they came back with positive results as well. The nail will get dard blackish in the parts od the nail where the fungus is present. The loose material under it alos turns in to dark colored and can be taken out easily. You shold apply it before bed time for one month. You will notice when the new white nail grows again. Also be aware that in order to avoid it you should consider to throw a way your shoes as it harbors the fungus. Try  to use talcum powder with antifungals/boric acid to avoid the reinfection.

To prepeare the solution:

1) DMSO 1/8 cups.

2) Dilute ascorbic acid until saturated.

3) 1ml pure oil of oregano and/or tea tree oil.

Store in a dark glass bottle and apply with a metal/glass wand. Avoid plastic.

This also worked me on the athletes foot, but the taclum powder is more convinient.

#12 Alphatrial

• 26 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:22 PM

I would never take Lamisil. Read the neverending list of side effects you can get. My girlfriend got Lupus (Erythematodes Profundus) from it. Trust me. You don't want this stuff... At least not orally.

#13 shp5

• 219 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:47 AM

After a few fungus free years I was not careful enough and now have a completely infected nail on my little toe. I'm going to take oral terbinafin again, pulsed this time, since it helped me before and I had no side-effects.

Any ideas for liver protection?

#14 Dorian Grey

• 2,148 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:06 AM

See my post on PPC (polyenylphosphatidylcholine) above.  In Austria, it may be easier to find PPC as "Essentiale Forte".  

Interestingly, all PPC is made by Lipoid GmbH in Koln Germany.  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 08 January 2019 - 01:07 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 shp5

• 219 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:51 PM

thank you!

a few changes in onychomchosis therapy:

- Pulsing (terbinafin 1 week loading with 250mg/day, then once weekly - fluconazole 1 week loading with a total of 3x250mg, then 250mg weekly)

- if you have any family history at all with lupus don't take terbinafine! fluconazole is the safe alternative.

- adjuvant therapy: atraumatic oncholysis with a bifonazole (or similar) 1% & urea 40% cream. cover the nail with a bandage for 6 hours, repeat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamisil, tmg, liver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users