- - - - -

Do Not Hit Back Button or Backspace While Composing a Post

typing backspace

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:37 PM

Wow. Haven't posted anything in a while and spent a good 15 minutes typing out a post. Then hit backspace to delete some text and the web browser handled it like a Back button hit and sent me back to the topic main page....I forwarded back and the text was gone. No will to retype it. Not a great tragedy in the world, but kind of depressing. And, this only happens with Longecity forums. Hitting backspace anywhere else just backspaces on the text panel.

Just wanted to mention this issue.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:11 PM

I've had that happen to me too, and yeah, it really sucks.  I think it only happens when the focus is outside of the editor, like in the preview panel.  Now that the preview panel looks a lot like the wysiwyg editor, it's easier to make that mistake.  I think it would be a good idea if it could be shut off, because the two of us are not likely to be the only people who have been hit with this.

#3 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:00 PM

May I humbly suggest you use a firefox addon like lazarus which allows you to restore text typed into the editor. I think it might also be available on chrome.

#4 Brafarality

• Topic Starter
  • 684 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:58 AM

I've had that happen to me too, and yeah, it really sucks.  I think it only happens when the focus is outside of the editor, like in the preview panel.  Now that the preview panel looks a lot like the wysiwyg editor, it's easier to make that mistake.  I think it would be a good idea if it could be shut off, because the two of us are not likely to be the only people who have been hit with this.

Agree 100%.  Cursor was probably moved from the editor panel because I went to click on something or something like that and neglected to click back in text box before hitting backspace. Will try not to make that mistake again. Thanks!

May I humbly suggest you use a firefox addon like lazarus which allows you to restore text typed into the editor. I think it might also be available on chrome.

Ah! I'm a backwards type...use IE. But, have Firefox and Chrome on laptop. Ill try them out, see their mettle. Used to use Firefox a lot till I got new laptop then lapsed back to IE. Chrome- used it here and there on laptop, but use it exclusively on Galaxy 4 mobile phone. Thanks for the tip!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users