• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Georgia

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 th3hegem0n

• 379 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 03:01 PM

If you live in Georgia (or southeast), please post here. I'm thinking we are few and far between, but I'm hoping this topic serves as a connection point for immortalists in this general vicinity.

I'm currently a freshman at UGA, and I'm in contact with one (the only?) other person at UGA with immortalist/transhumanist interests.

#2 th3hegem0n

• Topic Starter
  • 379 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 03:02 PM

Basically, if you are gettin pwned by Katrina, post here

#3 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 03:39 PM

I'm in Atlanta, working as a computer programmer.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Lazarus

• 59 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:30 AM

Here in atlanta too, Graphic Design Student. I figure get one degree, earn some money go back to school later for Engineering Degree in Biomolecular Engineering. I would go now but cannot afford engineering school and art school is FREE (mom works there). I have a question from a social standpoint thoughj, if we discover that there are some of us here...what the hell are we supposed to do then, go to starbucks and talk nerdy to each other???

#5 theprimemover

• 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:38 PM

Does it count if I'm a UGA drop-out living in Germany?

#6 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 06:38 PM

I got to Auburn, that's close to UGA. War Eagle!!!.....atleast last year, anyway.

#7 th3hegem0n

• Topic Starter
  • 379 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:32 PM

Ok, now let's think of something crazy to do.

Starbucks and nerdy talk is a great suggestion, but maybe we can think of something more amusing/useful to do.

I'll try and come up with a couple ideas.

#8 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:30 PM

Hey guys,

I just noticed this forum, so I thought I would reply. I am from Arkansas, but live and work in Atlanta now as well. I noticed there haven't been many replies in this thread lately, but thought I would add a post!

:-)

#9 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:07 PM

As hankconn pointed out in this post, there is going to be a conference on aging in Atlanta, presented by The University of Georgia, in conjunction with the Georgia Division of Aging Services and delegates of the White House Conference on Aging.

The event will be Monday, May 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Cobb Galleria in Atlanta, and cost to attend will be $20. You can sign up at the conference link above.

:)

#10 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:12 PM

Hey, shweet!

#11 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:56 AM

Hey, shweet!

Do you plan on attending Jayd?

#12 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:22 AM

Not sure. I'd have to take a day off of work, and I'm paid by the hour, so it's not like I can take sick time or vacation... The cost of the day off is more than an order of magnitude in excess of the $20 fee to attend...

#13 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:57 AM

Anyone interested in a WTA regional group (link) for our area? We don't have one yet, it seems.

:)

#14 stephen

• 202 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:01 PM

Just moved to Atlanta! In between Buckhead and Vinings.

Lovely city... a bit hot.

Any recommendations for things to do / places to see from the current residents? Wish I had seen this earlier! Would've loved to go the aging conference...

Anything else like that coming up on the agenda?

#15 rjws

• 143 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:14 PM

Not in Atlanta but In Laurel , Mississippi . got pounded by Katrina lol

#16 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:21 PM

Hey stephen, welcome to the area. I am about smack dab in the middle of Buckhead.

Hmm, things to do in Atlanta..

I hear that "Bodies, The Exhibition" is terrific, I am going to go see it at some point (is going until September 4).

The new $200 million Georgia Aquarium downtown is astounding. I went a few weeks ago and liked it alot. (although I am in to that kind of stuff)

The CNN Center is pretty good. (the tour is pretty interesting I thought).

The World of Coke is ok, although a lot of the stuff is getting kind of dated in there, but the sampling area (where you get to taste drinks from all over the world) is pretty nice. I think they are building a new World of Coke down by the aquarium, but I have no idea when it will be done.

If you like sports, plenty of those going on, I have been to a few Braves games already this year, and probably will go to a few more. Lots of other sports going on too, football, basketball, and hockey. (the ESPNZone is a pretty nice restaurant/sports bar if you have never been. I go a lot since it is like 3 blocks from me)

Our zoo is one of the better ones I have ever been to. (although not the best, but I go to a lot of them)

Piedmont Park is really nice (and big), especially on a Saturday or Sunday during the day. (sometimes I go running down there, or play frisbee)

#17 JohnDoe1234

• 1,097 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:52 AM

Yo guys, just came accross this thread... I live in a town called Murfreesboro just southeast of Nashville [thumb]

#18 BrandonFlorida

• 76 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:14 PM

Yo guys, just came accross this thread... I live in a town called Murfreesboro just southeast of Nashville [thumb]

I'm in Tampa, Florida.

Edited by BrandonFlorida, 27 September 2008 - 02:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users