• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

The Science of Life

temporal and eternal life true success prosperity

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:11 PM

Sense the topic starter has chosen to go off on this rabbit trail, I will be quiet except when you start to claim you understand creation or ID.  I have seen you do this before.

I've never seen you actually point out what you think is wrong and specifically correct it.  You just assert it's wrong and think it's all settled after that.

Meanwhile I've caught Valor cold just making shit up about the history of evolutionary thought and its effect on Christianity during a particular time.  He was talking about Darwin's theory of evolution in 1798 and didn't even have the decency to admit his error or re-evaluate and change his position when he was busted on it.  

And this is the company you keep, this is the kind of behavior you defend.  Or so it looks that way when you talk to me like this.

It means something when you've formed this opinion in your head about what something is, what happened in history, and it is all partly based on something that is not true.  It's based on ignorance or misunderstanding of something.  Now that in itself does not say anything negative about a person who does (all of us have done this sometime, somewhere, about some topic).

What you do when you receive knowledge that directly contradicts one of these bases that upholds your opinion is what matters.  This is part of what determines who are and how you appear to other people.  This is about integrity.

So Valor, when confronted with this new information about the history of evolution, instead of going "oops, my mistake" or "I'm going to sit here and rethink my position/statement," says something vague that only re-affirms his earlier statements, bulldozes onward with an unaltered position as if nothing had happened and he was still in the right.

I could never do this kind of thing.  It's not who I am.  I think you already know that much about me considering the ease with which I am bluntly honest to my fellow atheists, calling out all kinds of bullshit.  Trying to keep us honest above all things.  It would only make us stronger.

So if at any point you had ever actually corrected me in something I had assumed wrongly about Intelligent Design, I would have acknowledged it and altered my arguments to incorporate the new information.  But you've yet to do this.  A general assertion "you're just wrong" is insufficient; "you're wrong about this, and here's why" is what it needed.

#32 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:18 PM

You fancy yourself as having made a point yet.  You said you were going to educate us on what Christians and Theists believe.  I am waiting.  You want me to interact with something you have not yet said?  :)

#33 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:21 PM

You fancy yourself as having made a point yet.  You said you were going to educate us on what Christians and Theists believe.  I am waiting.  You want me to interact with something you have not yet said?  :)

I never said I was going to educate you two on what Christians believe.  So no, of course I don't expect you to interact with something I've not said.

#34 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:26 PM

Valor said:  "As far as evolutionary theory is concerned I am pretty sure I summed it up correctly. It says we developed by slow degrees from the lower life forms. If this has been revised please instruct me."

This is the context of the "instruction."  Biology, not Christian doctrine.

Admit your error.

• Good Point x 1

#35 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:27 PM

You mean you are not going to tell us where we are wrong?  Please educate us.

• Off-Topic x 1

#36 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:42 PM

You mean you are not going to tell us where we are wrong?  Please educate us.

Wrong about what?

#37 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:06 AM

I know it is over your head Brain but think about it.

#38 Valor5

• Topic Starter
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:26 PM

Is it just me or does she have problems with reading comprehension?

• Agree x 1

#39 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:43 PM

No, SH is playing his stupid games again, lying and putting words in my mouth.  SH is the fuck-up here, as usual.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#40 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:02 PM

I put words in your mouth!  Where?  well back to the topic lest we get side tracked into this nonsense.  They never say anything cogent related to the topic.  I agree leading a Christian life is a good life. 

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#41 Dakman

• 271 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:18 PM

Yeah….all those sexy babies just ready for the taking

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2

#42 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:40 PM

Good example.  Nothing cogent here but this is normal. :sleep:

#43 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:39 AM

I put words in your mouth!  Where?  well back to the topic lest we get side tracked into this nonsense.  They never say anything cogent related to the topic.  I agree leading a Christian life is a good life. 

Who said otherwise?

#44 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:45 AM

You said I put words in your mouth and I asked you where?  Who cares.  http://www.longecity...e-2#entry736843

#45 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:48 AM

For clarification.

You:  I agree leading a Christian life is a good life. 

Me:  Who said otherwise?

#46 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:56 AM

OK,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users