• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Best Supplement for Social Anxiety?

supplement anxiety social anxiety stacks mental panic brain meditation social best

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Supplement for Social Anxiety? (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Supplement

1. Picamilon (1 votes [1.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.59%

2. Pramiracetam (1 votes [1.59%] - View)

3. Piracetam (6 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

4. Myo-Inositol (2 votes [3.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.17%

5. Magnolia root bark (2 votes [3.17%] - View)

6. 5-HTP (2 votes [3.17%] - View)

7. Acetyl L-carnitine (3 votes [4.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

8. Reishi Mushroom (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. Fish Oil (1 votes [1.59%] - View)

10. SAMe (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Voted magnesium (7 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

12. L-theanine (12 votes [19.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

13. L-Tyrosine (0 votes [0.00%])

14. L-Lysine (0 votes [0.00%])

15. Manganese (0 votes [0.00%])

16. Ginkgo biloba (0 votes [0.00%])

17. Bacopa (5 votes [7.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.94%

18. Passion Flower (0 votes [0.00%])

19. Kratom (6 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

20. Other (15 votes [23.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

Continued

1. Lemon Balm (3 votes [4.76%] - View)

2. Voted Ashwagandha (12 votes [19.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

3. Kava Kava (2 votes [3.17%] - View)

4. Valerian Root (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Chocamine (1 votes [1.59%] - View)

6. 1,3 dimethylamylamine (0 votes [0.00%])

7. St. John's Wort (3 votes [4.76%] - View)

8. Rhodiola Rosea (3 votes [4.76%] - View)

9. DL-Phenylaline (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Phenibut (19 votes [30.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.16%

11. Resveratrol (0 votes [0.00%])

12. L-Tryptophan (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Ginseng (1 votes [1.59%] - View)

14. Relora (2 votes [3.17%] - View)

15. Niacinamide (1 votes [1.59%] - View)

16. Gotu Kola (2 votes [3.17%] - View)

17. Cacao (1 votes [1.59%] - View)

18. Maca (1 votes [1.59%] - View)

19. Turmeric with Black Pepper (3 votes [4.76%] - View)

20. Other (9 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 coinperson

• 34 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2020 - 09:38 AM

C60 OO was a life changer for me, I felt like I "woke up" the first time I took it.  It has been 3 years and I no longer worry about groups of people.  It might be just me that it helps, but it is extremely different than before.

https://www.longecit...ndpost&p=835564

#62 Jesus is King

• 682 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:29 PM

Okay I got a new one, but I’ve only tested it once today.

But the last 16 days I’ve been drinking cocoa everyday. Not sure on anxiety, but just been feeling generally better.

But this morning I wanted to test a supplement I bought a couple months ago, DMAE.

So the only thing I took was hot cocoa (2 teaspoons) and 350mg DMAE bitartrate (2 x 175mg tablets).

OH MY GOSH

I’ve never felt so anti anxiety in my life. Like anxiety didn’t exist at all, neither did any irritability. I’m shocked mainly because I can’t remember the last time I felt this at ease around people and social interactions in life. I was very calm, non irritable, and in control, like I could prevent myself saying or doing things more so than usual, it’s like an impulse would be there to say something, but killed.

Later on though, about 6 hours after ingestion, I became a little hypomanic and silly, euphoric, and enjoyed music while driving home.

Anyway I’m very excited about this supplement and want to see if I can reproduce it’s effects long term, I also want to try a 525mg dosage (3 tablets) and stay there if there are no side effects.

Edited by Jesus is King, 26 February 2020 - 07:31 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 gamesguru

• 3,131 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:01 PM

So it looks like the highest rated are phenibut, ashwagandha, theanine, and magnesium.

magnesium (threonate or glycinate) and theanine really work.

ashwagandha and bacopa are also somewhat effective.  but they have too many disruptive effects on thyroid glands for me, and they also lower cortisol (ADHD-phenotypes are already low in cortisol).  Good for short-term uses only

ive also been messaging others, asking about experiences they've had or rumors they've heard...  Phenibut, aniracetam and even noopept have been mentioned for carefree social confidence.

But IMO their long-term benefits are not yet established.  And they are more potent, more addictive, more mysterious compounds (especially phenibut, stay away!)  Its not recommended, none of them, and thats coming from someone who identifies as a libertarian

#64 Keizo

• 458 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2020 - 09:19 AM

If we are going to consider phenibut a supplement we might as well do the same with baclofen, benzodiazepines, gabapentin or pregablin. I would recommend a very high degree of caution with all of these. 

As for Noopept I do recall long ago getting some pro-social effects from ~15mg 1-2 times per day, for example feeling more aware of what is being said, but I don't know, didn't use it for long enough.

#65 gamesguru

• 3,131 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:44 AM

agreed, i was more curious as to why they work.  I supposed with phenibut that is less of a mystery than with noopept.

another personal recommendation besides magnesium: ginseng.

Red ginseng influences both GABA-A[1] and GABA-B [1][2].  Specifically, it was reported twice to antagonize baclofen binding at the presynaptic B site.

it also modulates overall dopamine and serotonin levels, lowers brain oxidative states, interacts with andrenergic and nicotinic sites, and can be safely combined with tea and occasional ginkgo for a synergistic effect on social anxiety.  I don't have time to elaborate in this post, but i believe ginseng has an especially rich and clean profile of effects.  Research in coming decades should continue investigating these properties.

What is remarkable about some of these natural approaches is how your body's response changes over time.  Gradually you need it less and less, until you are healed and do as well without it :sleep:

#66 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 12:01 PM

Best supplement against social anxiety is to avoid people. People are overrated.

If you must join society,  keep in mind that humans are essentially idiots full of themselves, and overrated as I said, and your anxiety about them will lower immediately. 

• Disagree x 2
  • Cheerful x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Informative x 1

#67 gamesguru

• 3,131 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:29 PM

youre letting them win at their own game that way.  its like how to avoid pain: kill yourself

• Cheerful x 1

#68 Jesus is King

• 682 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:59 PM

I think people should consider trying DMAE though it’s not really known for anxiety. I’ve had continued success with it, and it’s currently my most successful supplement for anxiety (completely kills it) and emotional stability. Other supplements I’ve experimented with (and I’m not saying I’ve tried them all) and taking my long term general wellness/health stack haven’t been able to prevent emotional flashbacks, up until I started experimenting with DMAE.

However the downside for me is it worsens my insomnia (you don’t feel tired when it’s time to sleep, but a calming stimulation that just keeps you up). Another downside is it can be a bit dulling, like it’s harder to concentrate, and experimenting with a lower dose (44mg) still seems to be effective on anxiety without being as dulling, but concentration still suffers but to a lesser degree.

At the moment I’m experimenting with higher doses of vitamin d and vitamin c to see if I can mimic DMAE’s effects without the side effects, so I’m dropping DMAE for a little while as I experiment.

But my point is while an unlikely candidate, if you have any of this stuff lying around, maybe experiment with small doses of it and see if it helps in the anixiety department.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#69 Heisok

• 554 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:32 AM

Hi, You have had gtreat results. I am glad they persisted. Could you answer some questions?

Have you taken it continuously? What dose? Switch at all between suppliers?

Thanks.

C60 OO was a life changer for me, I felt like I "woke up" the first time I took it.  It has been 3 years and I no longer worry about groups of people.  It might be just me that it helps, but it is extremely different than before.

https://www.longecit...ndpost&p=835564

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplement, anxiety, social anxiety, stacks, mental, panic, brain, meditation, social, best

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users