* * * * * 7 votes

Results of my (10 years) injecting exogenous GDF11

gdf11

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#331 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:22 PM

this time after trending bad for 24-48hrs (0.05ng injection), rmssd, hrv, diastolic BP, pulse are now trending better than baseline.

baseline bp 71, hrv 44, rmssd 17, pulse 80

24hrs after injection diastolic BP 86, hrv 39,rmssd 12, pulse 83

10days after injection injection diastolic BP 73, hrv 48,rmssd 23, pulse 68

did anyone experince such trend?shall i try 0.025ng when parameters plateau or start trending bad again?

For me, it's all over the place, and it's more about trends. The 10 day moving average can sometimes help remove all the noise.

But I honestly don't know if you have to do any sorta 'reload' period after such a long break.  Maybe Steve knows the answer there.

#332 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:52 AM

i had another injection at lower dose 0.025ng 11days later, had worse trends for 3 days and then improvement on all parameters exept diastolic around 75-80.vocal range keeps improving, so i am sure there is repair going on in the end so i ll keep low doses every 10 days and just consider the trends after few days from injection

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#333 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:25 PM

i had another injection at lower dose 0.025ng 11days later, had worse trends for 3 days and then improvement on all parameters exept diastolic around 75-80.vocal range keeps improving, so i am sure there is repair going on in the end so i ll keep low doses every 10 days and just consider the trends after few days from injection

glad to hear your vocal range is improving.  I am also doing doses at about every 10 days or so... but I'm still at a higher dose, about 100pg, but I keep changing things, trying to find the 'sweet spot'.

#334 nickthird

• 249 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:29 PM

Does this help with vision and myopia?

#335 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2020 - 08:05 PM

Does this help with vision and myopia?

No.

#336 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:57 AM

I am starting an LLC to procure peptides and GDF11. Who would want me to order and send out 5ug vials for them from a reputable company? I'm not asking for cash upfront just a commitment to buy it when I get it.

Did you go ahead with this? If so, I would be interested.

#337 DJSwarm

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2021 - 06:51 PM

Question for the group...

Has any one tried this around a run of senolytics, particularly Dasatinib and Quercetin (D + Q), D + Feinstein, or the more accessible Long Pepper + Theaflavin and Feinstein?

In my head this looks like a potent 1 2 anti aging punch. Senolytics to remove senescent cells and GDF11 to reactivate stem cell activity and regenerate tissue.

I'd be interested in hearing your experience.

#338 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 01:43 PM

Has any one tried this around a run of senolytics, particularly Dasatinib and Quercetin (D + Q), D + Feinstein, or the more accessible Long Pepper + Theaflavin and Feinstein?

In my head this looks like a potent 1 2 anti aging punch. Senolytics to remove senescent cells and GDF11 to reactivate stem cell activity and regenerate tissue.

Seems like a reasonable n=1 biohacking experiment. I suspect there is some intersection between the people who have taken D+Q (or some other senolytic) and have experimented with GDF-11. Steve Perry might know of a few.

#339 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:41 PM

I have - you definitely feel D, but Q and F's effects are imperceptible to me.

I have taken GDF11 at 3ng semi-weekly for a few years - I can't say something unmistakable occurred at that dose. A10ng+ however, the GERD/chest heaviness side effect mentioned by Steve is quite pronounced.

I am sub 40 so probably that's why I can't report anything profound but still hope it helped somewhat.

Edited by aribadabar, 18 January 2021 - 07:43 PM.

#340 DJSwarm

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2021 - 09:50 PM

I have - you definitely feel D, but Q and F's effects are imperceptible to me.

I have taken GDF11 at 3ng semi-weekly for a few years - I can't say something unmistakable occurred at that dose. A10ng+ however, the GERD/chest heaviness side effect mentioned by Steve is quite pronounced.

I am sub 40 so probably that's why I can't report anything profound but still hope it helped somewhat.

Unfortunately it is looking like GDF11 is mainly helpful for the >50 crowd with the benefit tracking age. You might get better results from BPC-157 for the healing factor and wait until your GDF11 level drops with age a bit. (standard disclaimers) Rocket is also "younger" and didn't notice any improvement but did quickly hit side effects and claims "others" were having the same problem seeing benefits. Eating well and exercise or CR should boost your GDF11 levels without the need for constant injections.

If you don't mind, how much D were you taking and what did you feel?

Ideally, you shouldn't feel much to anything from a senolytic. Too high a rate of senescent cell removal could possibly end up feeling like the flu from dying cells proinflammatory factors, but I wouldn't expect that high a level of turn over would be good long term as you don't want to overwhelm your repair mechanisms.

I'm just about to hit the big 60 and for covid decided to try some runs of long pepper with Finestien for the lock down. I'm going about once every 4 months for about 1 week on.

I tried Trikatu (black pepper, long pepper, ginger) and then "4:1" long pepper extract for about "2 grams" pepper equivalent and have been shooting for 1.2 grams Finestien. Based on some further research I'll probably hold the pepper level as is but increase the Finestien between 1.2 - 3 gr and add fenugreek to further boost bioavailability while doing a shorter 2 day run.

The OCD biomarker keepers will hate me for this but the only markers I'm using are how I "feel" and my hair which hasn't been cut since last March. I would say general health and energy are up (over the fall I had to move our family of 5 to a new home and did so without issue) and the effects on my hair were immediately noticeable.  At the start I was pretty gray/white in both hair and beard. After the first run there was a noticeable line as the gray grew out and both darker and browner hair replaced it.  For a while I had noticeably "frosted" tips. The second run I could watch as a visibly dark line in my beard started at the tips of my mouth, traveled down to my jaw and then spread out. It looked like I had drawn in a goatee for a while. Just finished the third run, it takes about a month before anything overtly noticeable shows. I promise to use more biomarkers if I do a run of D. :)

I've been seriously considering an off cycle GDF11 run and / or BPC157. GDF11 looks more useful at my age but I admit the injections and dosing are intimidating. BPC157 can be used orally and seems more forgiving but it also looks to be more of a healing factor than a regenerative. Decisions, decisions ...

No noticeable problematic side effects so far. I admit liking the intermittent aspect of doing short runs to limit risk and then waiting.

According to the latest blood protein research you are just coming off the aging wave that hits from 30-34 (waves hit at 30, 60 and 80). Theoretically, a senescent cell drop should ameliorate that to a degree.  Can you still party like its 2010? AKA, seen any noticeable benefit from the senolytics?

• Informative x 1

#341 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2021 - 11:04 PM

Unfortunately it is looking like GDF11 is mainly helpful for the >50 crowd with the benefit tracking age. You might get better results from BPC-157 for the healing factor and wait until your GDF11 level drops with age a bit. (standard disclaimers) Rocket is also "younger" and didn't notice any improvement but did quickly hit side effects and claims "others" were having the same problem seeing benefits. Eating well and exercise or CR should boost your GDF11 levels without the need for constant injections.

Ideally, you shouldn't feel much to anything from a senolytic. Too high a rate of senescent cell removal could possibly end up feeling like the flu from dying cells proinflammatory factors, but I wouldn't expect that high a level of turn over would be good long term as you don't want to overwhelm your repair mechanisms.

I'm just about to hit the big 60 and for covid decided to try some runs of long pepper with Finestien for the lock down. I'm going about once every 4 months for about 1 week on.

I tried Trikatu (black pepper, long pepper, ginger) and then "4:1" long pepper extract for about "2 grams" pepper equivalent and have been shooting for 1.2 grams Finestien. Based on some further research I'll probably hold the pepper level as is but increase the Finestien between 1.2 - 3 gr and add fenugreek to further boost bioavailability while doing a shorter 2 day run.

The OCD biomarker keepers will hate me for this but the only markers I'm using are how I "feel" and my hair which hasn't been cut since last March. I would say general health and energy are up (over the fall I had to move our family of 5 to a new home and did so without issue) and the effects on my hair were immediately noticeable.  At the start I was pretty gray/white in both hair and beard. After the first run there was a noticeable line as the gray grew out and both darker and browner hair replaced it.  For a while I had noticeably "frosted" tips. The second run I could watch as a visibly dark line in my beard started at the tips of my mouth, traveled down to my jaw and then spread out. It looked like I had drawn in a goatee for a while. Just finished the third run, it takes about a month before anything overtly noticeable shows. I promise to use more biomarkers if I do a run of D. :)

I've been seriously considering an off cycle GDF11 run and / or BPC157. GDF11 looks more useful at my age but I admit the injections and dosing are intimidating. BPC157 can be used orally and seems more forgiving but it also looks to be more of a healing factor than a regenerative. Decisions, decisions ...

No noticeable problematic side effects so far. I admit liking the intermittent aspect of doing short runs to limit risk and then waiting.

According to the latest blood protein research you are just coming off the aging wave that hits from 30-34 (waves hit at 30, 60 and 80). Theoretically, a senescent cell drop should ameliorate that to a degree.  Can you still party like its 2010? AKA, seen any noticeable benefit from the senolytics?

75-100mg D for 2 days every quarter. The effects are dose-dependent and consist of pronounced nausea, general weakness and mild flu-like symptoms. You feel "off" most of the day 1.

As to hair hair restoration - no dice I am still prematurely graying but I guess that's due to a genetic reason as that has been the case progressively since my early 20s and D didn't help one iota.

I have been using BPC-157 occasionally on at least 5 different cycles but can't report anything noteworthy there either. Maybe mine was bunk , who knows?

I can't pinpoint/ascribe anything to senolytics but then again perhaps my senescent cell burden is minimal ( to nonexistent now, after a few D+Q cycles)

Pro tip - you need to add Fisetin to your phone custom/user dictionary as the auto-correct totally killed it at each instance.

#342 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 04:23 PM

A recent review of GDF-11 studies, seems somewhat positive: https://www.longecit...gdf11-in-aging/

#343 Lionve_2011

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2021 - 02:48 AM

Any trusted place to buy Gdf-11

#344 boff

• 40 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 07:53 PM

Just finished reading this thread end to end. Wow what a read!
I recall at the start Steve said he was taking HGH and test in addition to GDF-11. The HGH and test will make any middle aged male feel great. Does anyone know if Steve continued to take HGH / test? I couldn’t find any further mention of it in the thread.

#345 MidwestGreg

• 37 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 08:41 PM

DJ, any updates on your Longpepper/Finestien combination? 

#346 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 11:56 PM

So yo are saying that the long pepper/finestien combo turned your gray and white hairs darker? How or why do you think that happened? 

Also what the heck is Finestien anyway? google seems confused as I am 

Edited by Phoebus, 29 June 2021 - 11:58 PM.

#347 DJSwarm

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2021 - 03:14 AM

DJ, any updates on your Longpepper/Finestien combination? 

I've taken about a 6 month break after 3 sessions (once a quarter) to see if things held and so far I'm pretty satisfied (age 60). No real side effects when taking it which is nice. Hair and beard are definitely darker, enough that my aunt-in-law asked about my beard and when I cut my covid locks the hair stylist asked my son why my hair was like that (it noticeably changes after a session so it got darker in waves as it got to the roots and did look weird). So, we had a nice talk about senolytics. :) Skin tone seems improved. General health and mood are good, sex drive high (but then it is always high around her so...).

Don't have the cash for testing at the moment so this is all just how I feel about it, but it seems to be working. 

I've a long moustache and when an effected hair falls out you can see the white tip slowly darken until at the root is dark again. Pretty neat. :)

Edited by DJSwarm, 30 June 2021 - 03:40 AM.

#348 DJSwarm

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2021 - 03:35 AM

So yo are saying that the long pepper/finestien combo turned your gray and white hairs darker? How or why do you think that happened? 

Also what the heck is Finestien anyway? google seems confused as I am 

It is a typo and you didn't try very hard to figure it out, did you?

I went from pretty solid grey, say 70-80% to more like about 50-60% with some extra dusting in the temples and a streak of grey on the forehead. 

Beard went from about the same 70-80% to more like about 50-60% with some darker racing stripes that outline where a goatee would be.

Kind of distinguished now that I think about it.

My current theory of greying is that the crown cells in the follicle end up producing enough ROS that they bleach and kill the color producing cells. By reducing the crown cells and ROS, the follicles that can, recover and go dark. Balding is caused by changes in the T/DHT ratio causing changes in hair patterns. DHT doesn't seem as effected so I still got my tonsure but with a few scraggly dark hairs now. :)

#349 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 03:51 PM

Finasteride?

Yeah I don't know what it is, why not just say it properly instead of being snarky? 

Edited by Phoebus, 30 June 2021 - 03:52 PM.

#350 Colorow

• 31 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 04:17 PM

I thought DJ meant Fisetin as it was a senolytic protocol.  Confirmation would be appreciated.  Looks like 

aribadabar thinks it was Fisetin as well and an autocorrect problem. 

Edited by Colorow, 30 June 2021 - 04:28 PM.

#351 DJSwarm

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2021 - 04:59 PM

I thought DJ meant Fisetin as it was a senolytic protocol.  Confirmation would be appreciated.  Looks like 

aribadabar thinks it was Fisetin as well and an autocorrect problem. 

You are correct though its mainly I don't speel weel. :P

#352 DJSwarm

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:50 PM

Finasteride?

Yeah I don't know what it is, why not just say it properly instead of being snarky? 

Oh, I don't know.

Maybe I don't owe you nothing and didn't like your "what the heck" approach, especially since it shows you didn't read where it was already discussed.

Maybe I wonder why I need to do your homework. I'm pulling this from cutting edge new research from the original papers when I can. Also, this is for killing cells in your body. If you can't find a common flavonoid; are you going to be able to evaluate and maybe use the more dangerous stuff without killing your self? 

But in the interest of not being snarky -

Fisetin.is the correct spelling.

I haven't found a bulk source yet but...This Place seems to have a decent retail price. $52 for 180x100mg (I'm using 1200mg per dose (12x100mg) + 500 mg NAC to make sure my liver is ok with the extra load).

Oh and I don't recommend taking this constantly as it seems not needed and counter indicated from the other actions of long term heavy use of fisetin.

I've been doing a week "on" once a quarter and am looking to maybe cut back to 3 days. It seems even bad cells dying is a bit hard on the body and by day 7 I'm feeling not bad but like it is time to stop. It then takes about a month to really see changes.

The ball seems in your court.. 

• Unfriendly x 3
  • Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#353 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 09:06 PM

Thanks, see that wasn't so hard 

I have some fisetin here, pure powder. I have been experimenting with it, making a liposomal mix with a substance that helps it cross the BBB 

interesting stuff for sure. 

• Needs references x 1

#354 theobromananda

• 63 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 11:15 AM

Please keep personal bickering off this thread - it does not contribute anything to the discussion and some people get every reply sent to their email inbox even if you delete your post afterwards.

Finasteride is also often used against graying of the hair through hormonal effects, so the question seems completely valid.

On the topic of GDF11: Is there anyone here who still participates in Steven's program or uses GDF11 on their own while monitoring all biomarkers? I would be very interested in data in light of Horvath & Katcher's E5; GDF11 is surely one of the factors present there as well.

• Good Point x 2

#355 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 10:42 PM

Please keep personal bickering off this thread - it does not contribute anything to the discussion and some people get every reply sent to their email inbox even if you delete your post afterwards.

Finasteride is also often used against graying of the hair through hormonal effects, so the question seems completely valid.

On the topic of GDF11: Is there anyone here who still participates in Steven's program or uses GDF11 on their own while monitoring all biomarkers? I would be very interested in data in light of Horvath & Katcher's E5; GDF11 is surely one of the factors present there as well.

Katcher specifically commented on this, saying that E5 was 'upstream' of GDF11.   If this is the case, then E5 may very well increase GDF11 levels for most people, just as GDF11 levels were typically increased in older rats through heterochronic parabiosis.  

This may also just be a 'canned' response... since E5 is being presented as pretty much upstream of everything.   Basically, E5 'IS' our biological clock. 

I personally got good results from GDF11, but I also noticed the results seemed to 'peter out' after a few months, no matter how I changed the dosage.   I still very much believe that that blood factors hold the most promise for true anti-aging.  But I am willing to hold off on using GDF11 again until another year, when we should start seeing results from dog, mccabe, and rat studies of E5.  If E5 is truly the 'master' factor,  then I'd prefer to wait a few years, and not to experiment any further with downstream factors

• Informative x 1

#356 DJSwarm

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2021 - 12:57 AM

Katcher specifically commented on this, saying that E5 was 'upstream' of GDF11.   If this is the case, then E5 may very well increase GDF11 levels for most people, just as GDF11 levels were typically increased in older rats through heterochronic parabiosis.  

This may also just be a 'canned' response... since E5 is being presented as pretty much upstream of everything.   Basically, E5 'IS' our biological clock. 

I personally got good results from GDF11, but I also noticed the results seemed to 'peter out' after a few months, no matter how I changed the dosage.   I still very much believe that that blood factors hold the most promise for true anti-aging.  But I am willing to hold off on using GDF11 again until another year, when we should start seeing results from dog, mccabe, and rat studies of E5.  If E5 is truly the 'master' factor,  then I'd prefer to wait a few years, and not to experiment any further with downstream factors

Very interesting. So E5 is a bit vague, is this bovine pineal peptidic fraction (E5)?

There is at least one case in nature of reverse aging:

A long-lived parasite extending the host life span: the pearl mussel Margaritifera margaritifera elongates host life by turns out the program of accelerated senescence in salmon Salmo salar.

#357 stevegperry

• Topic Starter
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 08:07 PM

Hello Longecity,

Believe it or not, It turns out that GDF11 has amazing anti tumor capabilities in addition to stem cell DNA repair and HOX gene reactivation.  So I have spent the last couple of years on curing   hemangiosarcoma, histiocytic sarcoma, insulinoma and lymphoma in cats and dogs.  Check out https://gdf11rejuven...hemangiosarcoma.

I've found this work to be very rewarding, especially with aggressive cancers like hemangiosarcoma where dogs rarely make it past 3 months.  We have a 75% cure rate and have quite a few dogs, a few which you can see on the site, which have made it well past one year.

MOA is GDF11 binding to tumor cells due to their "stemness" and disabling their mitochondrial function. Check out "GDF11 Implications in Cancer Biology" for details.  Note that this paper mentions that GDF11 halts the replication of pancreatic and liver tumor cells.  There is little doubt in my mind that GDF11 will be effective against most human cancers and we are receiving quite a few inquiries from cancer patients.

So there you go - natural selection has given us an endogenous, safe and non poisonous way to defeat cancer!  Makes sense if you think about it - the bowhead whale surely doesn't make it to 250 years without considerable GDF11 enforced tumor surveillance and destruction. 

As for DJ Swarms comments, GDF11 effects do not "peter out" over time.  The problem is that GDF11 is very hard to dose since one down regulates for quite awhile.  The only way to dose GDF11 properly is to titrate dose to biomarkers like HRV, BP, pulse and reaction time.  This takes considerable expertise and if you just dose on how you feel, you will probably do yourself more harm than good.  

• Informative x 1

#358 Repack Racing

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2021 - 04:53 PM

I have a question for Steve or anyone else here who can help out. First, thanks to Steve and everyone who has contributed here. I just started with GDF. I purchased 10ug from Bucky. It was warm when it arrived because I unwisely ordered it on a Thursday afternoon and it didn't arrive until Monday. I'd say it was about 80-90 degrees F, I don't know for how long. The ice packs would have kept it cold for quite some time. Any thoughts on whether this batch is blown due to the heat?

Made the following dillution - if anyone thinks I am off, please let me know:

Original Bucky         GDF 10.00 ug   ug/g 1000 Bac 4.00 ml   unit/ml 100 Dillution 2.50  ug/ml   unit/tick 10 UG 0.25  ug/tick   pg/ug 1000000.00 PG 2500000.00  pg/tick                   Second Vial         GDF 0.2500 ug       Bac 10.00 ml       Dillution 0.0250000  ug/ml       UG 0.0025000  ug/tick       PG 25000.00  pg/tick                   Third Vial           GDF 0.00250 ug       Bac 29.00 ml       Dillution 0.0000862  ug/ml       UG 0.0000086  ug/tick       PG 86.21  pg/tick      

Finally, I purchased a KardiaMobile 6L. I am quite disappointed because it only produces a result of "normal" or whatever it is. Does anyone know how I can turn the EKG pdf file into actual values for HRV, RMSSD and PNN50?

Thanks!

#359 Repack Racing

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2021 - 05:14 PM

Let's try that again, dilution data attached.

Attached File  Picture1.jpg   112.49KB   0 downloads

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#360 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 07 September 2021 - 10:42 AM

Katcher specifically commented on this, saying that E5 was 'upstream' of GDF11.   

Did he say this in a recent interview? I have not heard it from him, nor does he say so in his book.

E5 surely must be some combination of endogenous plasma signalling molecules like GDF11, Oxytocin, TIMP2, GnRH, Klotho, Humanin...

How else could Harold have come up with E5 in a short space of time before his Indian Visa expired, once he discovered they weren't able to perform a rat plasma exchange? Harold has proposed that a cell's age is guided by systemic factors, but he didn't do any of the actual work to discover what these factors might be himself - he got them from the literature, which we can all read.

For example in his 2015 paper he mentions the following:

Towards an Evidence-based Model of Aging

Other substances, the product of the GDF11 gene, the protein BMP-11 (a member of the bone morphogenetic protein family), has been shown

to return muscle satellite cells to youthful functioning [18], while oxytocin [56], has been shown to have similar effects on skeletal muscle. We know that several tissue clocks dependent on the SCN in the hypothalamus are dependent on gonadotrophin releasing factor, and that this affects lifespan [47], as re-provision of the ‘hormone’ increases lifespan. PMID: 26054348

In his book Harold states he carries out no dilution or removal of bad actors (like CCL-11, which he also mentions in his above paper), he just adds in good/'youthening' factors at a higher concentration than would normally be present in youthful plasma.

I like Harold and Akshay, who I've corresponded with before. But really, how are natural, endogenous substances patentable? I'm no expert on patent law, but I'd guess they'd have to patent the dose/timing/proprietary formulation. I doubt they'd be able to patent the 'use', i.e. aging, given they are going through the FDA, but I could be wrong. I also suspect that the exact combination of molecules in E5 will not be the only one that works, so others could find ways around any patent. 

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but it is relevant to GDF11, and I'd thought I'd give my 2 pence!  

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gdf11

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)