My situation: Brainfog and always cold.

brainfog

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Lsdium

• 54 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:08 PM

Greetings Longecity community,

First i just have to say, i really love this community, it has helped me alot, and i have learnt so much and so much more to learn! Thanks!

Anyway, i got some problem im trying to solve, and would really appreicate if somebody could try to help me finding the root of my problem, and try to fix it :)

21 years old, 70kg

Problems:

I am always really cold on my hands and foot, i dont know why. but are really sensitive to cold in that area, especially the foot. Have try to go to the doctor, but she said that my health was 100% and there is no problem with you. (pretty annyoing, useless doctors these days)
Anyway, so my question is do somebody know what could be the cause of my problem? Why im getting to extremly cold? Only way to get my cold areas warm again is to use a heater or make massive actions in couple of minutes, this can even happen when im in the bed and got a big duvet over whole me. (bad blood circulation maybe?)
The funny thing is that sometimes when im sleeping with a duvet/blanket or nothing at all over me, my body has warm temperature until i awake up (have happen lots of time) pretty annoying, wakeing up and start to get cold. Its like the brain is playing a prank on me :/

When im takeing a really hot shower, it will not take long before my body will go on cold mode again, compare to my little brother who can stay hot in many hours afterward. Its like my body dont got good insulation compare to my little brother, any clue? (vitamin deficiency?)

Dreaming/recall dreaming is really really rare for me (1-2 times a year), and my visualization is dead 0.

Have tryed 2x times psychedelic (shrooms) low dosage (for me), but enough to make my friends tripping good with visualization compare to me that did feel nothing (no visualization)
Have other experience with drugs like alchol, have never been a guy who party alot (drinking rarely), but when im out drinking with my friends, i can drink so much more compare to my friends before feeling drunkness. Have only been one time really drunk, and that was me drunking lots of beer on a empty stomach (7-8 hours with an empty stomach with lots of beer)

I think overall that any drug i have a big tolerance before off. (placebo?)

Other stuff that really annoys me is that when im reading article on internet, especially books, news or overall something with wall of letters. I cant remmeber 0-20% of the sentence! Im reading alot of news, but if there are something i want to remmeber, i will find some word and add some emotion to it, this will make me remmeber the overall of the article/news. But for books, almost 0% (brainfog)

Sorry for take up these problems, but im trying to find out why im body is so much diffrent compare to others, and one of my theory is that my blood circulation is bad? Or maybe my mitochondria is bad/low/damage?
Because if im cold on areas where i should be warm, wouldent this be a circulation problem. And if my body is showing that my hands/foots have  bad blood circulation, will this not say that maybe my blood cirulation to the brain can also be weak or low compare of what potential it has?

My Theory is:
Bad Blood cirulation
Mitochondria problem
Vitamin Deficiency

Would really appreicate if anyone could help me out!

Ps: Sorry if this is the wrong section

Thanks Longecity Community!

#2 Nuke

• 125 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:54 PM

Hi Lsdium

When reading cold feet/hands/body my first thoughts are thyroid issues. Have you tested TSH/T3/T4/Reverse T3? Have a look at what this guy has to say. 

While I find it interesting, I don't think that high doses of iodine in necessarily good. I still know to little about iodine, and at doses of 3-5mg a day I start to get a sore throat, so I believe I get some auto immune response.  Though I do take its co-factors eg selenium and magnesium. I have to learn more.

I don't have an answer, but it may be a place to start looking.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Doc Psychoillogical

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:47 AM

Possible Iron deficiency?

#4 Dichotohmy

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:09 AM

What is your core temperature? Take your basal, midday, and evening temperatures over several days, as this will give you an idea of adrenal and thyroid function. Or is your perception of being cold not related?

Do you ever notice blue or purple tinge to your cold extremities?

Do you have any hormone lab results, especially cortisol, aldosterone and thyroid values - don't just settle for TSH and T4/T3, get reverse T3 and autobodies tested for as well.

For quite a while I felt constantly cold and my core temperature was 96.1-97.0. My perception of feeling warm has vastly improved with low dose prednisone and my core temperature is up to 98.0-98.2

The brainfog question is another open end, but keep in mind that the things that cause low core temp - IE thyroid dysfunction, anemia, dysautonomia, etc - also lead to brain fog. The brain fog could vastly improve by treating the condition that is causing the low temperatures.

Edited by Dichotohmy, 24 November 2015 - 05:11 AM.

#5 Nuke

• 125 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:13 AM

Iron, especially if OP is female. B12 may also be a culprit. On the other hand, a doctor should at least be able to tell if someone has anaemia.

• Agree x 1

#6 Lsdium

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:45 PM

Greetings guys!

Thanks for your feedback, really appreicate it!

First: Im a guy :laugh:

Second:

Nuke thank you so much for shareing that youtube video! Have been searching much around iodine, and got to say wow. This stuff can really help me out.

Also when i was researcing i found this thread: http://www.longecity...ted-supplement/

Many of my problems are related to him, so gotta try this out. (Have aldready ordering iodine, Must try this!)

Can also say that my mineral supplement has always been really little since i have been birth.

Dichotohmy

Havent measure my temperatures yet, but when my friends/family touch my arm/hands they are always saying, wow! your really cold. (It have been like this in maybe 7-10 years)

"Do you ever notice blue or purple tinge to your cold extremities? "

- No

"Do you have any hormone lab results, especially cortisol, aldosterone and thyroid values - don't just settle for TSH and T4/T3, get reverse T3 and autobodies tested for as well."

- No

Used to work outside before (living in a cold country). When i was working outside my hands and foot was always vulnerable before my i start working. After maybe 30min, my hands/foot would be really hot, sometimes sweating. And that turned out to be bad, because when we had a break/lunch (hated that time), my body temperature would go down and i would begin to freeze especially on my feet ( feels that im standing in a bucket of ice). So had to do rapid work in the begining to raise the temprature again. Really Annoying.

Can also this be related to the drug stuff i was talking about? (not feeling the drugs, compare to my friends)

One of my goals for this, is to be able to read probably without any problem.

Like on the thread i linked: 

"I also forgot to mention. I have never really been much of an avid reader. I can solve problems of very complex technical and mechanical problems with ease, but when it comes to reading I just get too distracted far too quickly. Iodine has given my brain this new dimension for enjoying reading. I am able to read any book now and enjoy it, as well as understand it! Understand: I haven't been able to enjoy sitting down and reading books for long periods for over 5 years. Every other aspect of my cognition has been wonderful. Iodine has not only given me back the gift to enjoy reading, but also boosted every other aspect of my cognition. I am simply in awe."

Somebody got same experience with it?

I also see that Jack K really recommend minerals and saying that most of the world has deficient in Iodine, so i really hope this can solve my problem.

Thanks guys! Especially to you Nuke for finding one theory of my problem!

#7 chrisp2

• 166 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:30 PM

I'm cold a lot, my thyroid labs are within norms...

I am going to add Dihydromyricetin to my regimen though - in hopes it will boost irisin levels, and in turn brown fat which I hope will burn white fat and increase my core body temp.

Kind of expensive though, so I don't exactly want to megadose on it.

#8 Lsdium

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:11 PM

Also want to add that i have high estrogen level, so i have gyno  :unsure:

Other people with iodine experience?

Want also to say that have read some places that Iodine can make drugs more effective, because if your Iodine deficiency, all the other halogens will block the receptor, anyone agrees with this theory?

Edited by Lsdium, 24 November 2015 - 10:49 PM.

#9 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:08 PM

I have thyroid problems and don't have cold hands and feet

#10 metabrain

• 302 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:15 PM

Do you feel tired all the time? Do you bump into things and get into minor accidents a lot?

#11 Lsdium

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:36 PM

Metabrain:

No, got lots of energy, but i can relate so many stuff about my problems due to Iodine deficiency.

Example:

No recall of dream, really hard on psychedelics also

Drugs has little effect on me, good use if i consume much

Can train really hard, but no sweat

Always cold on hands and feet

Problem with focusing, like reading books (really want to)

Often dry skin

And tons of other stuff. Anyway have ordered some minerals and gonna test and see if it can help.

Still looking for someone with Iodine experience :)

#12 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:10 AM

A little kelp or dulse goes a long way in terms of iodine.  Aromatase converts test to estrogen and is responsible for most of a male's estrogen.  Grapeseed extract and white button mushrooms are among the strongest natural aromatase inhibitors.

To simply address the symptoms (Raynaud's syndrome: A condition in which some areas of the body feel numb and cool in certain circumstances.), ginkgo and ginger are vicious vasodilators.  Because the condition is similar to varicose veins, butcher's broom, horse chestnut, and red vine leaves may also have a therapeutic role.  Just a diet with a wide variety of plants, and flavonoids [1] / alkaloids [1], may do a world of good.

#13 TheOpimizer

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:45 AM

I also am a sufferer of Raynaud's Syndrome. My hands and feet get cold very easily, and once they become cold it's extremely difficult to get them warm again. When they're very cold they get purple with like orange/red dots.

I have minor social anxiety and I believe during times of greater anxiety and stress the effects of Raynaud's are magnified. This is one of the many reasons I am trying to learn about supplements that help with anxiety, as I also have minor rosacea and acne, both of which I believe are also greatly affected by my anxiety.

I'm not sure about long-term use (whether or not it can actually eliminate Raynaud's) but I started using citrulline malate as a workout aid and actually learned that it is a great vasolator. As a result I have found that it helps with Raynaud's at least for short periods of time. 

#14 LongingCity

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:56 PM

Dude, you've half-described what I'm experiencing.

Super high brain fog, and very, very little reading comprehension when reading a book.

#15 Lsdium

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:59 PM

Nobody got any experience with iodine here?

#16 TheOpimizer

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:48 AM

Dude, you've half-described what I'm experiencing.

Super high brain fog, and very, very little reading comprehension when reading a book.

I'm really interested in tryint NSI-189 not because I'm depressed, but because based on what I've been reading around here it seems great for overall brain health and health in general and I think it would help out with my anxiety. If my Raynaud's has to do with anxiety I wonder if it would help out with that as well?

#17 Lsdium

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:15 PM

Yeah, have always had problem reading problem since i was a kid, i can read the sentence but the sentence dont doesnt give any meaning to me.

Remmeber when i was at 4 grade, and had reading lesson and people picked books like harry potter etc, while i took a book with maybe 30-40 page (and that was really hard for me) while my friends had no problem.

Can this be related to any mineral deficiency like iodine, magnesium?

Other stuff i can say is: I must always have some stuff in my hands, and play with it, many times cut it to many small pieces.

Anyone? *Really want to read books probably*

Edited by Lsdium, 27 November 2015 - 07:16 PM.

#18 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:15 PM

The effects of magnesium physiological supplementation on hyperactivity in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Positive response to magnesium oral loading test.
Starobrat-Hermelin B1, Kozielec T.  1997.
In the group of children given 6 months of magnesium supplementation, independently of other mental disorders coexisting with hyperactivity, an increase in magnesium contents in hair and a significant decrease of hyperactivity of those examined has been achieved, compared to their clinical state before supplementation and compared to the control group which had not been treated with magnesium.

http://www.webmd.com...toms-adult-adhd

Students may also show excessive rigidity (resistance to change), nonfunctional routines or rituals, repetitive motor movements, or persistent preoccupation with a part of an object rather than functional use of the whole object (i.e., spinning the wheels of a toy car rather than “driving” it around).

Fidgeting May Benefit Children With A.D.H.D.
Attention Deficit: Hand Movements Could Be Sign of Severity
ADHD — It’s all in the hands

A New Way of Looking at—and Living with—ADHD
Recent neuroscience research shows that people with ADHD are actually hard-wired for novelty-seeking—a trait that had, until relatively recently, a distinct evolutionary advantage. Compared with the rest of us, they have sluggish and underfed brain reward circuits, so much of everyday life feels routine and understimulating.

in-through-one-ear.gif

Edited by gamesguru, 27 November 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#19 metabrain

• 302 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:12 PM

Be careful with magnesium it depletes calcium.

#20 Lsdium

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:56 AM

Strange, have been checked many times by the doctor for the past decade and nobody said i had ADHD, i even asked my personal doctor that i maybe had ADD, and she said: No i have work with ADHD/ADD in 10-15 years now, and i know when i see a person who got ADHD/ADD. But i still belive that i have some kind of ADD.

But after doing some research about Minerals, i think this can maybe solve my problem. My mineral diet has been really low, whole my life so it will be funny to see if it works.

It says that to much of bromine, and fluoride can block the cell or the receptors which will decrease the brain/organ/body fuction, if there is not enough minerals to flush out the other halogens.

Anybody agrees with me on this theory? 

#21 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:25 PM

I wouldn't recommend high doses of iodine chronically, but it does increase the warmth of my hands and probably entire body temperature if I take several milligrams. Also improved mood and energy to some extent. Tolerable upper limit is around 1mg according to: https://ods.od.nih.g...thProfessional/ so I wouldn't exceed that myself for any duration.

Someone mentioned Grape Seed Extract, and I have just started using it but it seems to improve blood flow quite well (at 500-1000mg). Exercise should also help a lot with blood flow.

If you think you are deficient in minerals/vitamins I would just buy a decent not over-dosed multivitamin (such as the 2-per-day LifeExtension sells --- I only take 1 per day), add extra magnesium and vitamin D3 (seems to be the two most common deficiencies), and perhaps other things if you need them. 

Edited by Keizo, 29 November 2015 - 06:26 PM.

#22 Lsdium

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:43 PM

Thanks Keizo, 

May i ask what would happen with high doses of iodine over time?

Also,how long have you been taking iodine?

#23 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:21 PM

The only Iodine I take every day is from diet and multivitamin (75mcg). I have a bottle of Lugol's Iodine "15%" which I sometimes drank a little bit of in water (less than 1 drop so below 5mg), but it was no more than once per week. Recently I have mostly been using it for wart removal (it stings less than some of the stuff I bought at pharmacy), but I do imagine a lot of that is absorbed through the skin which is also why I don't drink it any more. But this is still very small amounts applied.

If I feel tired for some unexplained reason, and I haven't touched any iodine for weeks, I take little bit. I think it helps at least somewhat even with this relatively small amount over time.

The increase in body temperature and/or blood circulation I noticed immediately from a few milligrams of this iodine when I first drank it with water, many months ago. I didn't have any major problem with feeling cold, I guess just normal for being a very tall person.

What one medical doctor said he saw develop in some patients taking many milligrams every day: https://en.wikipedia...o's_thyroiditis

Edited by Keizo, 29 November 2015 - 07:27 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#24 Lsdium

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:56 PM

Interesting Keizo, did you feel anything like: driving focusing, and mental clarity and organization, recall dreams like the web link i posted earlier on this thread?

Edited by Lsdium, 29 November 2015 - 08:00 PM.

#25 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:37 AM

Mental clarity, yeah I think I got some of that. It was a bit stimulating at some point. Harder to sleep. No effect on dreams that I can remember. (Several milligrams.) 

#26 Lsdium

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:03 PM

Thanks Keizo :)

Anyway some new information about how my day was today:

Drinking one cup with coffe and one glass with milk. Then going to school.

Was kinda cold, took of my shoes and try to warm my foot with my hands during the class, also my skin is really dry,

3 hours at school and i have aldready go on toilet 3 times to pee - from 1 cup with coffe and milk, seems that my body dont absorb any water from it. while my whole body is dry.

One question, if my body dont absorb water effectively, does this happen same with vitamins, drugs, nootropics ?

Thanks

Edited by Lsdium, 30 November 2015 - 11:16 PM.

#27 Lsdium

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:25 AM

Nobody has any idea about this  :sad: ?

#28 Lsdium

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:38 PM

Greetings guys,

Finally got my iodine soultion 2%, so have put 3 drops of it in a glass of juice. 

Will give an update later and lets see what happeing :)

#29 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:28 PM

Keep us updated.

Have you ever tried good ol' flush Niacin on a regular basis?

Also, I have a similar problem with my hands and feet and found that a low dose ped-5 inhibitor, in my case tadalafil, works wonders.

The only problem is my insurance company won't cover it and it's hard to find a reputable source from research chem companies; and brand name Cialis is expensive if bought online.

Anyway, I'm almost certain a low dose of tadalafil will clear up your symptoms, but the underlying condition is a mystery to me as well.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Lsdium

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:36 PM

Hey Junk Master

Have you ever tried good ol' flush Niacin on a regular basis?

No i havent, can this be an important thing for my problem?

Anyway, like i said, had 3 drops of 2% lugos iodine, well to be honest dident feel anything speical, the only thing i felt was an special taste in my mouth for maybe 3-4 hours other than that i could maybe feel some itcy at some places but that could also just be a placebo. Thinking of increaseing my dose from 3 to 5 to see if i can feel any diffrence.

When im taking Lugos Iodine im also adding magnesium(600mg) and selenium(200mg).

Maybe im judgeing the iodine to fast?

If any other have any conclusion i would really like to hear.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brainfog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users