• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Anti-white-male propaganda

anti-white anti-white male

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:11 PM

You know, I have tried so hard not to notice this shit but it is becoming more and more clear to me what is going on in the media right now.

Here are examples of how commercials and ad spaces try so hard to make white men look like fucking idiots, and everybody else look so cool...

Thoughts? (and please don't tell me this is imagination).

• Agree x 6
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • like x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#2 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:36 PM

Anybody who is not a politically correct pussy want to discuss this like an adult? 

• Unfriendly x 3
  • Good Point x 2
  • Agree x 1

#3 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:11 PM

Aren't white males man enough to handle a bit of stick?
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:05 AM

Can you make that comment make some sense please?

• Unfriendly x 1

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:18 AM

It's true that on television, every time they want to make fun of someone in an ad, it's always a white male.  I presume that's because if it wasn't, then people would call them racist or sexist.  Most white males don't care all that much, probably because of the awesome power of our White Male-ness, with which we can oppress the rest of the planet by merely existing.  Some of the animated shows on Fox, like The Simpsons and Family Guy also fit the misandrist  mold, where the father is an obese idiot, while the wife is smart and slender.  Maybe that's just the nature of comedy, where an idiot is likely to be funnier than a smart person.

I watched two of the videos posted above, and I have to say that while the guy could have had a legitimate point, he really undermines himself by acting like a paranoid racist.  For example, he stresses out over ads that show mixed-race couples or gay couples.  What's anti-white male about that? 

• Disagree x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#6 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:45 AM

Niner, what about white males that are struggling to get by like everyone else?

Do we as a community really underestimate how much white struggle there is in America? And how much there will be opening up into the future? Particularly white male struggle? 

I just don't see the 'privilege" as a favorable justification for this constant negative portrayal in the media. 

Why does ANY man have to be portrayed as an idiot in ads? Why can't everybody be portrayed as equally on the same playing field? 

"For example, he stresses out over ads that show mixed-race couples or gay couples.  What's anti-white male about that?"

The fact that the vast majority of those ads is a white woman with anybody but a white man? 

That does not strike you as a bit anti-white-male? 

In the third video I saw a couple of other mixed race couples featuring white males with other types of women but the vast majority of them are white women playing sexual diplomacy with every other type of ethnicity. 

A fair portrayal? Considering all the white male/Asian female couplings in REAL life? 

• Good Point x 4
  • Ill informed x 2
  • Agree x 1

#7 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:34 PM

Sure, I think you're coming across as insecure and overly affected by one segment of media.
  • Disagree x 4
  • Agree x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • like x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#8 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:57 PM

Sure, I think you're coming across as insecure and overly affected by one segment of media.

And I think you're too much of a politically correct pussy to really discuss this. 

• Unfriendly x 3
  • Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1

#9 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:55 PM

You know, I have tried so hard not to notice this shit but it is becoming more and more clear to me what is going on in the media right now.

I seem to enjoy the bliss of the ignorant who never watches this kind of media.. :)

The actual discrimination one mostly could witness in public places, at least here in Europe, is against foreigners, refugees, gays... Therefore I do take sides with those who have to bear discrimination whenever they want to move freely.

But find it a bid hard to have empathy with someone without any sense for irony who would only have to shut off silly comedies or commercials to protect himself from this kind imagined discrimination.

• Disagree x 4
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • like x 1

#10 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:50 PM

I seem to enjoy the bliss of the ignorant who never watches this kind of media.. :)

The actual discrimination one mostly could witness in public places, at least here in Europe, is against foreigners, refugees, gays... Therefore I do take sides with those who have to bear discrimination whenever they want to move freely.

But find it a bid hard to have empathy with someone without any sense for irony who would only have to shut off silly comedies or commercials to protect himself from this kind imagined discrimination.

Another politically correct pussy whipped child. 

Incapable of discussing anything outside his wittle comfort zone. 

• Unfriendly x 4

#11 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:28 PM

And I think you're too much of a politically correct pussy to really discuss this.

Of course you would, you only want scared insecure white males to agree with you so you can feel better about yourself.
  • Good Point x 3
  • Ill informed x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#12 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:59 AM

Of course you would, you only want scared insecure white males to agree with you so you can feel better about yourself.

lol Dumb ass. Trying to psycho-analyze somebody because they notice the media is conspiring against his gender/ethnicity. You have fun with that, i'll continue to tell the truth. 

And get back here when you wanna actually discuss the subject instead of making it personal, twit. 

• Good Point x 4
  • Unfriendly x 3
  • Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

#13 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:03 PM

Another politically correct pussy whipped child. 

Incapable of discussing anything outside his wittle comfort zone. 

Why you don't counter the arguments - but instead resort to ad hominem again and again?

I happen to travel for much time in Asia, Africa and Latin Amerika and was many times med with a hospitality which I haven't encountered at home before. Nowadays I simply feel ashamed to see travelers from those corners to have to endure the common discriminations here.

These rather ridiculous media segments - just one kind of many - I consider a too little kind of just revenge for these real discriminations against weaker minorities.

But then, non-cooperations based on color is bound to become extinct anyway, if humans are to survive..

Edited by pamojja, 12 December 2015 - 01:34 PM.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#14 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:31 PM

Step back.....way back.....outside the box?
Ads are made because the ones commissioning the ad have the motivation to want to accomplish a goal i.e. sell something? Wether its a product, an idea, information, either way you have a choice about how you repsond, you always have a choice.
Pesonally, this ad has made me waste my time in a small way, but hopefully someone may get some help from my post here and chose to igore the idiots shown, or give them a slap when you see up close 'em lol
I'm joking about the slap, a hard stare is ofter more effective :)
  • dislike x 1

#15 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:51 PM

White males both paid for and created the ads. Y'all laughing at yourselves.

Edited by sthira, 12 December 2015 - 06:52 PM.

• Good Point x 3
  • Ill informed x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

#16 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:54 PM

My cats attack dogs......it don't matter what colour they are!

Sorry mate I didn't realise you had a sense of humour bypass.

Edited by Multivitz, 12 December 2015 - 07:09 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

#17 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:02 PM

Cats and dogs are different species. We are one species.
  • Good Point x 3
  • WellResearched x 1

#18 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:18 PM

White males like to think they're special though, especially the insecure ones.
  • Disagree x 3
  • Agree x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#19 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:19 PM

My post above tried to demonstrate that what I said about the cats and stuff has little relevance to the advert, but some keep the dialogue alive when it comes to skin pigments. It's only an issue if YOU make it one, the advert exists.....so what, I haven't even bothered to watch it! But I did read the thread thoroughly before commenting.
  • Disagree x 1

#20 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:27 PM

If you're not a cultural minority then you really don't understand what it's like to be a cultural minority. Move to a place where you're a cultural minority, then you'll understand what it's like to be a cultural minority. Until then: shut da fuk up.
  • Well Written x 2
  • like x 2
  • Ill informed x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#21 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:55 PM

Don't you think all of us like to think we're special?
  • Off-Topic x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#22 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2015 - 08:13 PM

Go issue maker.....my cat has nothing to do with this thread, but it is out numbered by it's fleas(not that it gets upset about it's history with them, the new fleas respect them). Peace.
Don't read into this nonsense, don't read into the ad that this threads about.
What's self esteem? Is that allowed?

Edited by Multivitz, 12 December 2015 - 08:26 PM.

• Off-Topic x 1

#23 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2015 - 08:33 PM

Does anyone know the goal of the ad makers, do the ad makers know, who payed them, should they get payed, should anyone feel anything about the ad?

I don't know, but I haven't shut up either way.
So some of us think I must give the ad my time, na, look what it's done to others!

Can I have fish to go with my massive chip I have on my shoulder?!

Someone needs a hug.

Edited by Multivitz, 12 December 2015 - 08:44 PM.

• Off-Topic x 2

#24 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:38 PM

Not all of us cry like little bitches when someone portrays us less than special, reference to the OP not yourself
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 4
  • Unfriendly x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1

#25 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:40 PM

White males both paid for and created the ads. Y'all laughing at yourselves.

You mean, pussy white men who hate themselves. I am not one of them. I love me and I love my ethnicity. 

Not all of us cry like little bitches when someone portrays us less than special, reference to the OP not yourself

^^^ And somebody bitched about Ad Hominem attacks? When dumb asses make comments like this instead of hitting the actual subject because they are too scared to discuss it, THAT is what is properly defined as Ad Hominem. All I did was correctly point that out. 

• like x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Agree x 1

#26 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:55 PM

If you're not a cultural minority then you really don't understand what it's like to be a cultural minority. Move to a place where you're a cultural minority, then you'll understand what it's like to be a cultural minority. Until then: shut da fuk up.

Off fucking topic! 

What does this have to do with making white men look fucking stupid in ads and everybody else look amazing, cool, collected and wise? 

If any single response to this post is on topic I will be shocked. 

• Good Point x 3
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Agree x 1

#27 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:04 PM

I never mentioned ad hominem, your wee rage is making you make mistakes.

Plus you're making white males look bad and wimpy with your posts.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 4
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#28 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:56 PM

I actually agree with many of your comments, The Fountain. I think it's generally not ok to make fun of others based on things we cannot control: ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, creed, eye color, whether a person has arms and legs or not, paraplegics, blind people, people with cancer, bald people, the obese... So many aspects about us are beyond our control. Maybe one day we'll have a little more control: black becomes whiter; white becomes blacker; old becomes younger; fat thinner; blue eyes to green eyes; short becomes taller; bald becomes hairier...

Until then laughing at others based on aspects they can't control is really tricky. Comedy is a serious art -- ask any comic. Do you like, say, Sarah Silverman?

I also don't think I have much right to be proud of my ethnicity. I had no control over it. I was born with it. I didn't chose my parents, and neither did you or anyone. I think we should be proud of our accomplishments and goals, and be proud that we're decent human beings doing our best under often very shitty circumstances.

I love your provocative spirit, though, and think it's absolutely healthy to have these types of discussions about making fun of others' ethnicities.

Edited by sthira, 13 December 2015 - 12:09 AM.

• unsure x 1

#29 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:03 AM

I never mentioned ad hominem, your wee rage is making you make mistakes.

Plus you're making white males look bad and wimpy with your posts.

A wimpy post you can't even stay on topic to imbecile? 

• Unfriendly x 2
  • Good Point x 2

#30 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:18 AM

I actually agree with many of your comments, The Fountain. I think it's generally not ok to make fun of others based on things we cannot control: ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, creed, eye color, whether a person has arms and legs or not, paraplegics, blind people, people with cancer, bald people, the obese... So many aspects about us are beyond our control. Maybe one day we'll have a little more control: black becomes whiter; white becomes blacker; old becomes younger; fat thinner; blue eyes to green eyes; short becomes taller; bald becomes hairier...

Until then laughing at others based on aspects they can't control is really tricky. Comedy is a serious art -- ask any comic. Do you like, say, Sarah Silverman?

I also don't think I have much right to be proud of my ethnicity. I had no control over it. I was born with it. I didn't chose my parents, and neither did you or anyone. I think we should be proud of our accomplishments and goals, and be proud that we're decent human beings doing our best under often very shitty circumstances.

I love your provocative spirit, though, and think it's absolutely healthy to have these types of discussions about making fun of others' ethnicities.

The issue is we have a huge double standard in this country and it needs to stop.

My great, great Grandmother wasn't even around when the things that supposedly implicate white males happened. 

Therefor, in my young life on this planet, I do NOT believe I am responsible for anybody but myself and my own successes or failures. 

This bullshit anti-white-male smear campaign the media is engaged in is a vicious attempt at hurting the confidence of young white males.

If you saw ads where everybody was confident, calm, cool collected and Mature but black males, don't you think Jesse Jackson, Black lives matter and El Sharpton would be all the fuck over it like a Vulture? And rightfully so. 

BUT, nothing justifies the bullshit that the media is pissing forth against white men as of late. And it is damn well a conspiracy against us. 

There will be assholes, like a couple of douche's on this thread who claim that any time a white man tries to even discuss this subject we are racist. Trying to confuse the topic, muddle the language and fuck up any chance of dialog about it. But fuck them. And fuck their "white men are weak for not taking it" bullshit. 

How about every damn time a black or latino man cannot take a discriminative ad in the media? Weak? Pussies? 

Oh, of course not, they're just fighting the good fight. Which I applaud. But when white men decide we are sick of false representations in the media we are racist? 

Anybody who thinks this can suck my white dick. 

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users