• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Functional aging biomarkers and measuring estimated functional or physical age

biomarkers anti-aging niagen nicotinamide riboside elysium health basis nad nmn nicotinamide mono nucleotide nicatinamide adenine dinucleotide

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HealthSpan

• 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:01 AM

I discovered this forum a couple months ago while looking for peoples' experiences using Niagen, Elysium Health's Basis, Nicotinamide Riboside, and Pterostilbene. The information was very helpful. I am collaborating with a project manager from Harvard Medical School and some engineers to develop a new system to measure functional aging biomarkers and estimate functional age. The head of a major Harvard lab encouraged us to do that project. The system will be used to validate whether people are functioning physically at a younger age after receiving biochemical or genetic aging interventions or using the aforementioned supplements.

Below is a link that has an overview of the status of the aforementioned supplements and well as the research that led to them and details on the development of the functional age test. Although this page is on a crowdfunding platform for strictly approved scientific research, you are certainly free to use it as a source of useful details and links to other information without considering the fundraising aspect:

http://experiment.com/u/ZWXUA

#2 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:33 PM

Hello, thanks for posting. I like the idea. I noticed the test has these markers:

12 Functional Age Biomarkers Used by the H-SCAN

1. Auditory reaction time
2. Highest audible pitch
3. Vibrotactile sensitivity
4. Visual reaction time
5. Muscle movement time
6. Lung: forced vital capacity
7. Lung: forced expiratory volume, 1 sec
8. Decision reaction time
9. Decision movement time
10. Memory
11. Alternate button tapping
12. Visual accommodation (extent of need for reading glasses)

do you have data how those change by age? Or is the test based on comparing before / after results?

Stefan

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 HealthSpan

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:07 AM

Hi Stefan,

The data on how those change by age was obtained by testing over 2,000 people in 1990. That data is not publicly available. My team and I will have to do new testing based on today's methods and circumstances after we have created prototypes for the new functional age test.

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:01 PM

The data on how those change by age was obtained by testing over 2,000 people in 1990. That data is not publicly available. My team and I will have to do new testing based on today's methods and circumstances after we have created prototypes for the new functional age test.

It's not publicly available.. Are they planning on writing it up 26 years after the fact?  Is it stored on paper note cards or something?  Have you asked them if they'd let you use it?  It seems like a shame for that data to go to waste.

• Agree x 1

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 HealthSpan

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:56 PM

We will be making an effort during the coming weeks to obtain that data. After 26 years it might outdated compared to our repeating the process ourselves, but it should be helpful to see it. If we do get the old data, it will be part of a profit making development effort and still not available to the public.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biomarkers, anti-aging, niagen, nicotinamide riboside, elysium health, basis, nad, nmn, nicotinamide mono nucleotide, nicatinamide adenine dinucleotide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users