Photo
- - - - -

Height Increasing

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 stormheller

• 100 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:44 PM

I am at my wit's end about this issue. How can I grow taller? My whole family is over 6 feet and I'm 4'11". What foods, supplements, and exercises can help me grow to a normal height? (Normal height for women= 5'5"-5'8"). I'm currently doing yoga and taking calcium pills. I also eat a high protein diet. I'm not sure I want to live forever (or even live, period) at this height.

#2 bgwowk

• 1,715 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:56 PM

You may have a growth hormone deficiency. Depending on your age, your doctor may be able to help you gain a few inches with HGH therapy. If you are already an adult, I don't know. Check Google.

There are surgical procedures for lengthening bones in adults, but that's pretty drastic.

---BrianW

#3 haveblue

• 66 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:59 PM

Its hard, I know. I grew up 'the short kid'. It wasn't until after high school that I finally started growing...I didn't start puberty until like 17. I'm 25 now and 5'9". How old are you? There are hormone injections but you'd need to talk to a doctor about all of the implications.

Normal height for women varies by country and region. Don't fret about that as most women aren't nearly concerned with it as you are. Seriously, its not as bad as you think. Other attributes can compensate for just about anything. I know thats cliche, but very true.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:55 AM

how old are you

#5 bossplaya

• 37 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 09:22 AM

Hi Stormheller,

I used to be very much into researching this topic. I'm a pretty average height at 5'10", but I'd like to be 6' tall.

There are some websites out there that provide free info on food, supplements and exercises that may help you to grow taller. I will post them for you later, when I find them.

#6 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 04 November 2005 - 09:29 AM

I remember some kids when i was young. They wern't short, but they were very skinny. Two of them went to some HGH therapies. They did grow but their overal body apperiance is worse than before. Not to mention that jaw is biger than the rest of the face.
Overall doesn't seem like good result to me.

#7 icyT

• 326 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:57 PM

Eugh, you're not sure you want to live forever because you're short? Pathetic...

Anyway, if you're already a full-grown adult, there's not much you can actually do to encourage growing any more. If you're still young, then just eating correctly and maybe doing some weight-bearing exercises to increase Growth-hormone might help.

Some of the things I do I have read may help temporarily increase your height. Hanging from a bar, or upside down, whatever, something that takes weight off of your spine, done for long periods I've read is able to open up some space between your vertebrae to allow fluid to get it. I think it's more of a spinal health thing, but it would lessen compression a bit.

Also, doing forward and backward spinal bending (within reason, don't hurt yourself) opens up either side of it to allow some space, which might contribute.

I wouldn't expect that to add more than an inch or two though, and it would quickly go back to before when you stop.

Also read somewhere that we wake up taller and lose an inch or two in height throughout the day because during sleep we're not bearing the weight. I'll need to test that sometime.

#8 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:39 PM

High heel shoes?

#9 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:07 AM

Froogle or eBay "Shoe Lift" ? Lol i think it would help you obtain about 1-3 inches taller, then + 4" stilletos

#10 bossplaya

• 37 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 09:52 AM

Hey stormheller,

Here are the height increase links to get you started. These sites contain a lot of the info you asked for. There are also a lot of forums out there, such as "The Impartial Height Increase Message Board" (http://www.network54.com/Forum/177048/).

http://www.gettaller.cjb.net/

http://www.geocities.com/gottogrow/

http://www.freewebs.com/heightincrease

http://www.giantscientific.com/

http://www.hypnosis2height.com/

Hope this info helps ;)

Don't let the naysayers get you down, because I know it is possible. I also have some quantum hypnosis MP3s that will help you to increase your height, if you're interested in those.

#11 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:41 PM

I also have some quantum hypnosis MP3s that will help you to increase your height, if you're interested in those.

Okay, I'm hoping you aren't serious, but if so......damn.

#12 bossplaya

• 37 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:44 PM

It's just a matter of which worldview one subscribes to..you may think it's insane, but it's true (and science itself has found) that all matter is not solid, but is just electromagnetic energy -- light -- vibrating at different frequencies. I believe that humans have more potential than is currently realized, that can, so to speak, affect matter with the mind.

If you have heard of morphogenetic field theory by Sheldrake, then I think it is possible to consciously change one's pattern so that their morphogenetic physical template is altered.

I'm not stupid, my IQ has been tested and ranges from 169-202, so I have the capacity to think critically and intelligently on a subject. Some people may be stuck in a materialist paradigm that precludes them from accepting or believing anything outside 'the box', and causes dismission of non-empiricist ideas, but I tend to free my mind from such limitations.

Okay, so maybe hypnosis MP3s might not work for everyone, and they cannot be proven in a rigorous scientific manner, but I do think that altering one's mind state can and does affect the body.

Are you aware that the physical body replaces itself every few years? The body you have today, is not the same one, molecule by molecule, that you had a few years ago. It is what you would call a 'standing wave' phenomenon. So if you alter the pattern of the wave, you alter the pattern of the body.

#13 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:16 AM

lol too much information. no need to reveal your mensa levels, although i can understand because the super saiyan has been triggered ;)

Don't let the naysayers get you down, because I know it is possible.

so has there been any successful individuals who have achieved such?

#14 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:39 AM

... it's true (and science itself has found) that all matter is not solid, but is just electromagnetic energy -- light -- vibrating at different frequencies.

No it's not, and no they haven't. Obviously you've never taken physics. Have you been to college yet?

#15 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:47 AM

If you have heard of morphogenetic field theory by Sheldrake, then I think it is possible to consciously change one's pattern so that their morphogenetic physical template is altered.

I'm not stupid, my IQ has been tested and ranges from 169-202, so I have the capacity to think critically and intelligently on a subject. Some people may be stuck in a materialist paradigm that precludes them from accepting or believing anything outside 'the box', and causes dismission of non-empiricist ideas, but I tend to free my mind from such limitations.

Okay, so maybe hypnosis MP3s might not work for everyone, and they cannot be proven in a rigorous scientific manner, but I do think that altering one's mind state can and does affect the body.

I am mildly familiar with Sheldrake's ideas. While I don't necessarily disagree with his theories, I don't think his experiments prove anything.

I think that automatically accepting ideas because they are "out of the box" is just as harmful as denying theories that go against the norm. Not everyone has that problem, but I know a few people that are so "new age" they automatically accept any new idea that hits their radar. Don't assume that I was making fun of you because of my last post, I was just joking about that particular statement. I believe that hypnosis is probably possible, it was just the (seemingly) blind confidence behind the statement that amused me. Also, I certainly wouldn't disagree that the mind can affect the body. That is pretty much proven in any circle. As far as willing yourself to grow taller, I don't really have an opinion on that idea.

#16 bossplaya

• 37 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:21 AM

rfarris:

No it's not, and no they haven't. Obviously you've never taken physics. Have you been to college yet?

FYI, I have taken physics before in high school and I have taken mechanical engineering and completed a diploma of Information Technology at college. I'm finishing off my Bachelor's degree at university right now, and have done extensive research on this kind of topic. I also took a subject at university called Life, the Universe and Everything, which covers the subject matter of what reality is, what it could be made of, how it works, and so on. So I am well-educated enough to make informed statements.

What's your take on what physical reality is, then? Do you have a background in physics? I admit, I did highly simplify the statement you questioned in order to save time on explanation.

If you're familiar with string theory, it postulates that all matter and energy can be reduced to tiny strings of energy vibrating in a 10 dimensional universe. Or the work of physicist David Bohm, protege' of physicist Niels Bohr, who describes what I mean in this dialogue:

Weber:  When mystics use the visualization of light they don't use it only as a metaphor; to them it seems to be a reality.  Have they tapped into matter and energy at a level where time is absent?

Bohm: It may well be.  That's one way of looking at it.  As I've suggested the mind has two-dimensional and three-dimensional modes of operation.  It may be able to operate directly in the depths of the implicate order where this (timeless state) is the primary actuality.  Then we could see the ordinary actuality as a secondary structure that emerges as an overtone of the primary structure...

Bohm:  Light is what enfolds all the universe as well.  For example, if you're looking at this room, the whole room is enfolded into light which enters the pupil of your eye and unfolds into the image and into your brain. Light in its generalized sense (not just ordinary light) is the means by which the entire universe unfolds into itself.

Weber:  Is this a metaphor for you or an actual state?

Bohm: It's an actuality.  At least as far as physics is concerned.

Weber: Light is energy, of course.

Bohm:  It's energy and it's also information-content, form, and structure. It's the potential of everything.

You can check out www.fusionanomaly.net for more info on quantum mechanics, and all those other fascinating, mind-bending bodies of theory and ideas about the universe.

"Considered together, Bohm and Pribram's theories provide a profound new way of looking at the world: Our brains mathematically construct objective reality by interpreting frequencies that are ultimately projections from another dimension, a deeper order of existence that is beyond both space and time: The brain is a hologram folded in a holographic universe.

For Pribram, this synthesis made him realize that the objective world does not exist, at least not in the way we are accustomed to believing. What is "out there" is a vast ocean of waves and frequencies, and reality looks concrete to us only because our brains are able to take this holographic blur and convert it into the sticks and stones and other familiar objects that make up our world. How is the brain (which itself is composed of frequencies of matter) able to take something as insubstantial as a blur of frequencies and make it seem solid to the touch? "The kind of mathematical process that Bekesy simulated with his vibrators is basic to how our brains construct our image of a world out there," Pribram states. In other words, the smoothness of a piece of fine china and the feel of beach sand beneath our feet are really just elaborate versions of the phantom limb syndrome.

According to Pribram this does not mean there aren't china cups and grains of beach sand out there. It simply means that a china cup has two very different aspects to its reality. When it is filtered through the lens of our brain it manifests as a cup. But if we could get rid of our lenses, we'd experience it as an interference pattern. Which one is real and which is illusion? "Both are real to me," says Pribram, "or, if you want to say, neither of them are real."

This state of affairs is not limited to china cups. We, too, have two very different aspects to our reality. We can view ourselves as physical bodies moving through space. Or we can view ourselves an a blur of interference patterns enfolded throughout the cosmic hologram. Bohm believes this second point of view might even be the more correct, for to think of ourselves as a holographic mind/brain looking at a holographic universe is again an abstraction, an attempt to separate two things that ultimately cannot be separated. "

sentrysnipe:

Yeah, too much info I guess, but I got a bit fired up and had to back up my position strongly because I thought my intellectual ability was being made fun of.

I have read reports on height increasing forums from individuals who claim success, but of course, their statements cannot be proven. The whole thing is an area where humans have not really tread before, and of course, science would find it to be highly anomalous if such a thing happened as a person increasing their height after the growth plates have fused. But if you get with the above theories, then such a thing could very likely be possible.

shepard:

I think that automatically accepting ideas because they are "out of the box" is just as harmful as denying theories that go against the norm. Not everyone has that problem, but I know a few people that are so "new age" they automatically accept any new idea that hits their radar.

I get your point and agree. There is a difference between a "new ager" who accepts out of the ordinary ideas blindly, and a critical thinker who can properly analyze and support their beliefs with a solid body of knowledge and logic. Your initial impression of my post was that I was in the first category. [tung]

Don't assume that I was making fun of you because of my last post, I was just joking about that particular statement. I believe that hypnosis is probably possible, it was just the (seemingly) blind confidence behind the statement that amused me.

No offense taken. I suppose I did kind of toss about my statements in a cavalier manner, but it was just to save time by not having to explain everything as a fully backed up argument with proofs, etc.

Edited by bossplaya, 10 November 2005 - 06:51 AM.

#17 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:59 PM

BossaNova: If you don't want people to make fun of you, then either don't make stupid statements, e.g. "... it's true (and science itself has found) that all matter is not solid, but is just electromagnetic energy -- light -- vibrating at different frequencies," say something that is correct, or say nothing if it's not relevant.

The absolutely worst thing you can do -- whether it's true, or not -- is to pretend like you're smarter than other people by tossing out a bunch of bullshit that has nothing to do with the current topic.

#18 bossplaya

• 37 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:33 PM

Look Rick, it was late at night when I posted that, I had plenty of assignments to do, and all I wanted to do was help stormheller by providing some links to info or MP3s that may help answer his/her questions about height increase, or develop a regimen that may actually help to increase his/her height.

I was in a hurry, ok, so that statement was my attempt to explain complicated physics theories and concepts in layman's terms, and explode the worldview that says people cannot affect or change the universe, or their own bodies, with their consciousness. It may have been somewhat inaccurate to say it this way "... it's true (and science itself has found) that all matter is not solid, but is just electromagnetic energy -- light -- vibrating at different frequencies,".

But it is true that matter is not solid. Scientists have calculated that molecules are 99.999% empty space, and I quote this from memory. That's what I meant by "science has found". It is true that light and electromagnetism are the main forces, or constituents of the universe. And I didn't want to get in to a lengthy description of wave/particle duality, so I just said that what is out there is not a solid world of particles, but frequencies and waves - possibly vibrations of strings - and as Bohm said, light is everything out of which the potential of form, structure, information, and content comes from. I'm not trying to quibble about the full scientific accuracy of my statements. There are a helluva lot of smart people on this forum, and of course there may be someone with a physics degree who may want to argue otherwise. But my point in the first place was that this does have to do with increasing height, because if the body is an interference pattern of energy, and consciousness interfaces with the energetic template of the body, it is possible that a person can increase their height, even if the materialist-type thinkers say it is not possible. Because according to fairly recent developments in scientific understanding, the universe and the human body are not solid blocks of "stuff" that are firm and unchangeable, but are empty space and energy - holograms. If anyone wants to dispute what I am saying here, then fine, go ahead. I don't, as yet, have a theory on how the mind can affect the physical body in a way that increases height, but all I am doing is pointing to this as something I believe to be possible.

I'm not trying to be smarter than everyone else, just trying to expand some minds. Sorry if my statement was too simplified and not structured in a clear enough way. I guess that's what happens when you're in a rush - you make mistakes.

#19 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:12 AM

It all depends on how you define what "solid" is.

Leptons might be point particles but that doesn't mean that the phase of matter we know of as "solid" is non existent just because it is the result of many point particles interacting through electromagnetic forces.

Lets not let ourselves make anything personal over a definition that is certainly open to interpretation.

#20 icyT

• 326 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:47 AM

The mind has been shown to affect the body, yes, but only to the extent of what it can already do. It can't make you fly or get giant.

#21 goku

• 292 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:19 AM

still bossplaya sounded pretty funny there, you guys gotta admit. His whole IQ of 169-202 thing was pretty entertaining wasn't it?

#22 icyT

• 326 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:35 AM

Oh, he thinks he's so smart?

I don't trust most IQ tests, probably gets these off the net. Perhaps an accredited institution can be used for such comparisons.

#23 kevink

• 184 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:02 PM

Oh, I can't keep my big mouth shut even when I know the thread is dead...

This is a general comment, not a response to anyone in particular.

This "debate" can also be viewed from a belief system point of view.

Do you believe meditation is beneficial?

No? The discussion is over.

Yes? How is it beneficial?

It helps you relax and gives you good feelings. The discussion is over.

It allows you to evolve the mind into a higher state of consciousness. Ok, what is the end result of that higher state of consciousness?

You're clearer and smarter and emotionally well balanced. The discussion is over.

You gradually evolve into a higher being. Buddhist would call you a Buddha. Christianity has the Christ model. And if you prefer cool TV shows, Stargate Atlantis calls you an "Ancient that ascended to a higher plane of existence".

If you are inclined to think that last step is, at the very least, a possibility - then, "making yourself taller" is trivial compared to completely changing the type of being you are. So, if you are thinking at that last step, you cannot think it impossible to change any physical perception or projection. By definition, you have a logical "proof" that "anything" is possible.

To argue "science" against such a powerful and mostly unknown evolutionary process is foolhardy to say the least. It (amazingly) assumes that our level of scientific understanding is somehow "advanced" when it doesn't take much observation to see were still stuck in a primitive age. 10,000 years from now they'll lump our "great achievements" into something slightly higher than the dark ages. To base a worldview on the power of science the level of "F = MA" is the dark ages. It's why scientists get a little tiny speck of a taste of the bigger picture with an "e=mc2" or "string theory" and the whole world goes crazy over it.

Anyone capable of higher thinking should continue to search past the mundane and push themselves to ultimate truth.

How many thinkers have been burned at the stake or imprisoned because they said "the world is not flat" or "the Earth is not the center of the universe". Which side do you want history to remember YOU on? [wis]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users