• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Longecity daily limit on positive votes - worth reviewing?

votes limit quota

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 StephCThomp

• 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:06 AM

I just bumped into an interesting forum feature - a limit to how many positive votes a member can assign to posts in a given day.  A few thoughts/suggestions about this....

I tend to read Longecity in occasional bulk sittings, rather than casual dribs and drabs.  I imagine many readers are like this.  It means that votes will also come in batches.

I don't think it was a huge number of supportive votes I made - just a healthy handful.  Perhaps the quota, if it is to remain, could be increased quite a lot.  

Also, there's something questionable about the whole notion of limiting how positive or supportive a person can be.  Are these quotas really adding value? (How?) Or at least are they adding value that exceeds their detriment?

:)

• Agree x 1

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:30 AM

The quotas help to mitigate the occasional abuse of the ratings system.  People have been known to go on vendettas, downvoting every post of a person they have a beef with, or upvoting their own posts via a sockpuppet account. 

• Needs references x 2
  • Informative x 1

#3 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:20 AM

So... the solution could be, instead of a daily limit on votes, a limit on votes/pages viewed or votes/comments, it isn't?

Edited by Antonio2014, 12 January 2016 - 09:22 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: votes, limit, quota

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users