• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Icon Corporation Sales Ltd.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jay the Avenger

• 286 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:53 PM

This company:

http://www.iconcsl.com/

claimed an anti-aging breakthrough in an ad-banner I saw on www.dictionary.com.

Not sure what to think of it myself, but I just thought I'd post it.

Site looks professional, though...

#2 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:02 PM

One can have different views about the cosmetics industry producing "anti aging" appplications. Some products might actually have some superficial rejuvenation effect, eg. by cleansing aggregates, supplying antioxidants or stimulating blood flow.
This product blocks neurotransmiters which cause muscle contraction to supress wrinkles (similar to Botulinum neurotoxins). That, to me, is no anti-aging application at all. They also claim that their product stimulates production of collagen which might be closer to the borderline anti aging applications described above.
In terms of product, it would appear to be a rather nice alternative to Botox parties, but true anti-aging medicine it is not.

#3 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:56 PM

Not only do I find it to not be true anti aging medicine like you Caliban, but as you might agree, I find it to be false advertising that obstructs real anti aging advertising. On my various forum groups and blogs around the net I find Im becoming increasingly worried that when people read a headline or intro like "the scientific conquest of aging needs your support" or "Do you want to help support the anti aging revolution?" that people are thinking that Im trying to sell them vitamins or something like this skin application stuff.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:05 PM

The domain iconcsl.com has expired. Please contact your domain name registration service provider for further assistance. If you need help identifying your service provider, visit http://domainhelp.tucows.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users