GDF11 Experimentation

gdf11

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:01 AM

I thought that I should start a thread for my lab rat experimentation with GDF11 that I started a few days ago.  This will not be a day-by-day log.  As far as a clinical evaluation of the lab rat before the experiment, the rat just had a comprehensive blood workup as part of the CJC1295 experiment that he just finished. 

I performed 2 loading doses of about 0.35ug, and the rat reported heartburn on both occasions.  Could be coincidence that the other thread mentions heartburn, although at a much higher dose.  Now running daily 0.06ug/day for the duration or until I can determine that a higher dose will not continue to cause heartburn if it was indeed the GDF11 causing that.

I only plan to provide an update if there is anything worthwhile mentioning. 

Given that the pro-GDF11 literature makes note of it restoring skeletal muscle function in aged animals, I am primarily going to be observant of any changes in skeletal muscle (not that the rat is exactly 'aged').  I weight train and I am very in-tune with how much muscle mass I have and can build with proper diet/rest/training.  I will definitely notice if there is even a mild 'anabolic' effect on skeletal muscle.

Edited by Rocket, 06 February 2016 - 01:03 AM.

• like x 6

#2 Nuke

• 125 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:23 PM

Hi Rocket

How is it going with .... urrm, your rat? Does he have anything to report yet?

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 Rocket

• Topic Starter
  • 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:03 PM

Hi Rocket

The rat is getting 0.18mcg EOD (roughly).  Nothing to report in terms of "wow!!!" like results.  Rat does have more lean muscle mass than before GDF11 experimentation began............ Is it the GDF11?  I don't know.  I don't see anything different in the form of red lights or red colors.  Did get some gerd when the mouse started but backed off dosage.  Still get gerd now and then, which the rat never reported having before the experiment.  Is it the GDF11? Who knows.  I don't notice anything different in smell either. 

Thinking about buying from a different source and comparing results/experiences.

For comparison, I recently ran BPC157 for 10 days and I did have a "wow!" experience with that peptide and dealing with some soft tissue pain.

• like x 1

#4 Rocket

• Topic Starter
  • 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:41 PM

Hi Rocket

The rat is getting 0.18mcg EOD (roughly).  Nothing to report in terms of "wow!!!" like results.  Rat does have more lean muscle mass than before GDF11 experimentation began............ Is it the GDF11?  I don't know.  I don't see anything different in the form of red lights or red colors.  Did get some gerd when the mouse started but backed off dosage.  Still get gerd now and then, which the rat never reported having before the experiment.  Is it the GDF11? Who knows.  I don't notice anything different in smell either. 

Thinking about buying from a different source and comparing results/experiences.

For comparison, I recently ran BPC157 for 10 days and I did have a "wow!" experience with that peptide and dealing with some soft tissue pain.

Darn, I can't edit my post above.

I.... er, I mean the rat also hit new personal records in the gym with bench pressing (over 250lbs) and squats.  Is it GDF11? I don't know.  But gains in the gym had been stalled or very slow for a while.  So, who knows.

One thing that I wish would be fixed by GDF11 is my near vision.......... would love to not need reading glasses anymore.  But that is caused by glycation, I know, which GDF11 can't possible help with.  :\

#5 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:43 PM

What is the source of GDF11 that you are currently using?

And what is your preferred source for other peptides such as BPC157, CJC1295 , TB500 etc.?

• like x 2

#6 Rocket

• Topic Starter
  • 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

And what is your preferred source for other peptides such as BPC157, CJC1295 , TB500 etc.?

I sent you a PM.  Not a good idea to openly talk about sources when people are planning to buy things from companies and sign agreements claiming they won't be using it on humans and then turn around and use it on humans, then come here on this forum and talk about it. 

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 corb

• 507 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:00 PM

I sent you a PM.  Not a good idea to openly talk about sources when people are planning to buy things from companies and sign agreements claiming they won't be using it on humans and then turn around and use it on humans, then come here on this forum and talk about it. 

You kinda just did.

If you're that worried about it just leave it at "I sent you a PM." next time.
Though if you keep in mind most people find this website through the supplements forum I think there's little point in worrying about that, the cat has been out of the bag from the get  go I think.

Edited by corb, 21 April 2016 - 06:14 PM.

#8 erzebet

• 195 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:00 PM

How did you realize your rat has heartburn?

#9 Rocket

• Topic Starter
  • 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:40 AM

How did you realize your rat has heartburn?

I'm not trying to be a wiseacre but how do you realize when your rat has a headache?

I have basically halted the experiment. I have used other peptides with far better results that I could attribute to the peptides being used. If other people are having "wow" experiences then good for them. But I bought from a real company that supplies real supplies to real scientists and I am not at all impressed with this substance.

Honestly, if I were looking for something with healing properties, then bpc157 is fantastic. I am in the middle of a 10mg run at .5mg ED and I am impressed! I have a heel spur on one of my feet from overuse and injury and I was not expecting it to do anything for that but the next day after the first injection and it was noticeably better... And its been getting better every day. I was really taking it for other soft tissue issues that I have so the heel spur relief is unexpected and appreciated.

And if I want to reverse age and build muscle then I will continue lifting weights and eating an appropriate anabolic diet. Muscle recovery after lifting weights is also better on bpc157, so it may have a bit of an anabolic-like side effect.

Edited by Rocket, 04 June 2016 - 02:44 AM.

#10 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:58 AM

Rocket, are you over 55?

#11 Rocket

• Topic Starter
  • 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:40 PM

Rocket, are you over 55?

Not even 45. 

I haven't found anything that correlates GDF11 production with age.  There is of course a lot of information about HGH decline and age, and I was using that as 'surrogate' data assuming GDF11 was similar to justify taking GDF11.

However, I was looking for the side effects that the original GDF11 experimenter encountered and didn't get anything except some heartburn.  But even that, that could be coincidence or unrelated.

I would be curious to see if other people are getting results and how those results correlate to age.

#12 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 01:13 AM

Sounds like you are in good shape, relatively health and younger than 50.

So at your health and age if working properly it can only prevent ageing.

So you should notice nothing.

The maintenance and cost seem very low, one shot a week seems like good insurance.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#13 DJSwarm

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2021 - 05:56 PM

Your rat may be too young and healthy to notice much effect. GDF11 seems to be about bringing back levels that were lost. Since your rat is younger and isn't sedentary, you haven't lost much and you already have some boost from your exercise and diet.

Also there is new evidence that people age in waves at 30, 60 and 80; instead of gradually so you might not need to check your rat for a couple decades ;)

---

"When we went into this, we assumed you aged gradually, so we would see these changes taking place relatively steadily as individuals get older," said Tony Wyss-Coray, a professor of neurology at Stanford University.

Instead, Wyss-Coray and his colleagues report in Nature Medicine on Thursday that these proteins change in three distinct waves, the first of which happens "very surprisingly" during our 30s, peaking around age 34.

"Then we found a second wave around 60, and then we found a third one, the most prominent one, really around 80 years of age," Wyss-Coray said.
---

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gdf11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users