• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Nicotinamide Riboside and CCNU chemotherapy?

chemotherapy cancer elysium nicotinamide ribosome pterostilbene

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 LucidMind

• 49 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:06 AM

Hello all,

My dog of 9 years has unfortunately been diagnosed with probable histolytic sarcoma. His liver and spleen are enlarged and there are signs of diffuse in nodes in both organs. Instead of wasting valuable time trying to get an exact diagnosis I decided to push for a chemo treatment of CCNU/Lumostine. This treatment would according to studies has shown to be the most effective treatment for the probable histolytic sarcoma.

CCNU is an alkylating agent. I currently take Elysium basis, which contains 250mg of nicotinamide ribosome and 50mg of pterostilbene. I have reviewed studies that show both of these nutraceuticals have shown effectiveness in cancer therapies. I want to begin giving my dog this as a adjunctive cancer treatment.

My concern is that some chemotherapy drugs work by inhibiting NAMPT. I cannot find any information that CCNU inhibits this, but maybe someone on this forum might no the answer. Obviously inhibiting NAMPT and supplementing with nicotinamide riboside, which increases NAD+ would be working at cross purposes if indeed one action of CCNU is to inhibit NAMPT. I do know that CCNU's main action is to damage the DNA and RNA of cancer cells to prevent them from replicating. 

Any answers would be much appreciated! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chemotherapy, cancer, elysium, nicotinamide ribosome, pterostilbene

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users