Photo

Allergies/Intolerances to Garlic

garlic allergies neem onions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NKC

• 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:03 AM

Many purport garlic to be a tremendously beneficial substance. For some however, it causes a myriad of unpleasant symptoms. I am one of those people, and it runs in my family so there must be a genetic explanation. I am wondering if anyone has any input on research done on the subject and what this means in terms of other heath issues/immune problems and potential reactions to medications. This issue has worsened with age. At this point I become ill if I ingest small amounts of garlic or onions. It is a real drag as garlic is in everything, every ethnicity's cuisine seems to contain garlic and/or onions.

How does an aversion to garlic relate to issues with sulfur or mustard (mustard powder mixed with water smells very sulfuric to me)...is there any relation? I recently had a life threatening reaction to a sulpha antibiotic, is there a connection or is my immune system just a mess?

I am considering taking an oral neem supplement, is neem related to garlic or onions? (topical neem oil smells horrifically like onions IMO)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: garlic, allergies, neem, onions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users