• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How can I imitate the effects of caffeine through some other ways, mainly medication?

caffeine adenosine

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 us3yournam3

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:32 AM

So how can I achieve this, and I'm talking about adenosine binding? I don't really connect with caffeine.

#2 Doc Psychoillogical

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:37 AM

Forskolin?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:18 AM

The adenosine content of CS-4 mycelium ranges from 0.1% to 0.5%, depending on the source. not sure how much adenosine is necessary for a therapeutic dose.

#4 dwaaam

• 30 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:14 PM

Have you tried Theacrine? https://examine.com/...ents/theacrine/

It should be similar to caffeine, but you need a larger dose and anecdotally the tolerance does not build up as fast as caffeine.

Why do you not "connect with caffeine"?

Because substances with similar mechanism of actions, will probably have the same effects on the user.

#5 vader

• 243 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:26 PM

Have you tried to eat the coffee grounds after drinking the water? I find that coffee grounds relieve many bad symptoms from caffeine and supply the body with the nutrients it needs.

#6 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:42 AM

Have you tried Theacrine? https://examine.com/...ents/theacrine/

It should be similar to caffeine, but you need a larger dose and anecdotally the tolerance does not build up as fast as caffeine.

Theacrine is like a while different beast altogether in my opinion though. I personally don't easily 'crash' on caffeine, but do quite easily on theacrine(or on the combination of both more like). Caffeine feels more clean and pleasant. Theacrine might work better for others, though.

#7 us3yournam3

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:13 AM

You mean eating raw unground coffee ? Where did you hear about this? I'll definitely try theacring and forskolin, thanks for the suggestions.

#8 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:36 PM

Forskolin has many useful properties, it upregulates D2 receptors and is also a PDE4 inhibitor!

Molecular mechanisms underlying forskolin-mediated up-regulation of human dopamine D2L receptors.

Abstract
1. Human dopamine (DA) D2long (hD2L) receptors, expressed by Ltk- cells, can be up-regulated by treating the cells with forskolin for 16 hr (Johansson and Westlind-Danielsson, 1994). We have examined some of the molecular mechanisms underlying this forskolin-mediated up-regulation.

2. Forskolin (100 microM, 16 hr), but not 1,9-dideoxyforskolin, a forskolin analogue that is unable to activate adenylyl cyclase and raise intracellular cAMP concentrations, up-regulates the hD2L receptor population by 43%. The implication of a cAMP-dependent increase in the receptor up-regulation was further substantiated by treating the cells with 8-bromo-cAMP or prostaglandin E1 (PGE1). The forskolin-mediated rise in receptor number was blocked by cycloheximide or an antisense phosphorothioate oligodeoxynucleotide (ODN) directed toward the hD2L mRNA. KT5720, a specific protein kinase A (PKA) inhibitor, completely blocked the receptor rise, whereas pertussis toxin (PTX) attenuated the increase considerably. Forskolin also produced an increase in the level of the DA hD2short (hD2S) receptor expressed by Ltk- cells. This increase was 2.5-fold higher than that found for the hD2L receptor.

3. The forskolin-mediated hD2L receptor rise is dependent on de novo protein synthesis, a rise in cAMP levels, PKA activation, and, at least partially, PTX-sensitive G proteins.

4. Long-term increases in intracellular cAMP levels may change the sensitivity of a DA receptor expressing cell to DA by increasing D2 receptor density through enhanced cAMP-dependent transcription.

#9 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:40 PM

Cacao also contains stimulating xanthines, with a minute amount of caffeine (also a xanthine)

#10 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:08 PM

Quercetin and ephedrine combo with an aspirin.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:15 PM

Oh, what about yerba mate tea. Give it a try!
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: caffeine, adenosine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users