• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How to induce immune response? or is it a good Idea to do so? (I say yes)

immune system autism schizophrenia malaria malaria therapy immune response aspergers asperger cfs

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Omid

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:23 PM

Hi.

I suppose I might not make a huge amount of sense here, particularly to the critical minds, but here we go.

I have this idea that inducing a controlled immune response could be a good idea, and I'm looking for a rather harmless way to do so.

My reasons:

1. "Malaria therapy": I read about how in the good old days, some diseases (like syphilis) were treated using "Malaria therapy", which is basically infecting the person with freaking Malaria. The immune response and fever from Malaria then somehow also acted on the syphilis and the patients sort of did better. I read somewhere it also worked on Schizophrenia. Not sure where.

2. I was watching TV the other day and they tried to cure someone's cancer by increasing his body tempreture. Like putting him in a very hot tent. I don't believe this works though but at least the idea is on the same line with my idea. I don't think heating up someone will cause immune reaction.... Or does it?

3. They infect autistic people with some bloody worms and they get better (I have autism), I suppose infecting someone with worms is kinda like the Malaria therapy: https://sfari.org/fu...ctrum-disorders

4. I feel way WAY better when I get a cold. It completely ERADICATES my neurological/psychiatric symptoms. I'll be dancing Macarena, despite the cold or flu! I was going to write this in my list anyways, but it's also stated in the link above.

I believe there are some theoretical reasons that inducing a controlled immune response would be a good idea:

1. It might help with long standing subclinical infections along the way. (kind of like the syphilis case). It might then be a way to treat lots of disease which are suspected to be caused by subclinical unidentifiable pathogens with some luck. (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, etc...??!)

2. Done chronically, it might "distract" the immune system from attaching the body and thus help with autoimmune disease (like in the case of the autistic who feel better when they are infected. Like me.) I'm almost sure I've heard of this being already done for autoimmune disease. Can't remember where I read or saw it. Maybe on TV.

So how do I do that? I mean I don't really want to do something dangerous but there might be a way to achieve that in an easy harmless way..... I'm not too keen about increasing body temperature from the OUTSIDE though. I want it to raise on it's own. I want the real deal. Unless increasing temperature artificially actually increases immune response.....

Update: Seems heat actually works somewhat. But still looking for other ways.http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16338853

Cheerz,

Omid

Edited by Omid, 24 May 2016 - 02:27 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: immune system, autism, schizophrenia, malaria, malaria therapy, immune response, aspergers, asperger, cfs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users