I think I've found the perfect diet

diet nutrition vitamins minerals fat protein carbs longevity live healthy

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Young Paul

• 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:53 AM

I'm not interested in taking vitamin pills anymore, and I think it's much better to simply get our nutrients from healthy fresh food, so I have compiled an easy tasty diet for health and maybe for losing weight. 2200 calories, 140g protein.

http://www.free-self...erfect-diet.htm

Breakfast

Boiled Egg, Yoghurt

Lunch

Tuna, Sardines, Salmon, Mussels, Salad:
(Carrot, Avocado, Tomato, Kale, Artichoke, Red pepper, Olive Oil)

Dinner

Beef, Sweet Potatoe, Spinach, Mushrooms, Liver, Garlic, Broccoli, Spinach

Supper

Almonds, Cheese

#2 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:38 PM

I agree with you, natural food "beats" pills anyday!

Where's the coconut oil?! :p
You forgot chestnuts too!

Also possible issue with red meat and iron levels re male health and longevity.

Edited by sativa, 27 May 2016 - 12:45 PM.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Young Paul

• Topic Starter
  • 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:16 PM

I agree with you, natural food "beats" pills anyday!

Where's the coconut oil?! :p
You forgot chestnuts too!

Also possible issue with red meat and iron levels re male health and longevity.

thanks for your advice I will look into chestnuts, and foolish of me to forget coconut oil, I'll be putting that in the diet without a doubt. I also use coconut oil to brush my teeth, in my hair and also as a sun protector on the beach.
chestnuts seem to have plenty of manganese and copper, other than that can't see any advantages, and may have tannins which are not good for me.

Edited by Young Paul, 27 May 2016 - 01:23 PM.

#4 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:30 PM

I use chestnuts as a protein source as well as carbohydrates and also they taste beautiful fried in coconut oil.

I don't consider meat or dairy to fit my optimised dietary lifestyle so depend on pea protein powder, nutritional yeast and chestnuts (as well as protein from other foods I eat) for protein.

I last ate eggs last year, around 4 egg yolks/day (egg white contains problematic lectins, and eating that much every day was asking for digestive/immune trouble imo).

I don't mind supplementing with taurine and beta alanine. I used to use gelatin powder. Now I use pure glycine occasionally before bed.

I depend mainly on white rice and chestnuts for carbohydrates.

No nightshade vegetables (tomatoes, potatoes etc) and other potentially problematic lectin containing foods like legumes. I dont eat any nuts or seeds anymore either re phytic acid content and other so called "anti nutrients" and digestive enzyme inhibitors.

I grew up eating lots of wheat, meat, dairy and all vegetables btw!

Edited by sativa, 27 May 2016 - 01:38 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#5 MKultra

• 71 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:37 PM

Old topic but.. Not sure i believe in skipping pills, the soil is just too lacking.. Raw vegetables does not contain the nutrition we need because of this.

#6 mccoy

• 162 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:37 AM

Old topic but.. Not sure i believe in skipping pills, the soil is just too lacking.. Raw vegetables does not contain the nutrition we need because of this.

I too am not very favourable to supplementation, but found a compromise. Let's remember that, if the databases are correct, the food they analyzed is the one we eat, with all its deficiencies in basic elements. Aside from the fact of statistical variability of course.

What I've started to do is to log my dietary intake into some dedicated app like cronometer. That gives to me the possibility to check my average intake of macro and micro-nutrients across a representative time. After that, I can easily spot the possible deficiencies and correct them 1- by dietary intake, 2- by supplementation if  1-is not feasible or practical.

For example, I was surprised to notice that Iron, contrary to my beleif, is more than enough in my diet, almost twice the RDA on average, even though I do not eat legumes (vegetables, nuts, cocoa are enough). 

Niacin or B3 is a potential deficiency to me since I eat few cereals so I added some niacin-rich cereals. I'm low on the zinc-copper ratio (common problem among vegetarians) so I started to take zinc pills to shift the ratio. Ground flaxseed and walnuts provide omega3s.

By this approach I've been able to reach an ideal (not perfect) diet to my present needs. I only plan to take regular supplements of zinc, vitaminD, Iodine for now. Plus a multivitamin-mineral once a week. It is a continuos observational process though, having blood lab analyses would help (especially vitamin D), maybe I'll do that in the future as well.

#7 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:44 PM

For example, I was surprised to notice that Iron, contrary to my beleif, is more than enough in my diet, almost twice the RDA on average, even though I do not eat legumes (vegetables, nuts, cocoa are enough). 

Niacin or B3 is a potential deficiency to me since I eat few cereals so I added some niacin-rich cereals. I'm low on the zinc-copper ratio (common problem among vegetarians) so I started to take zinc pills to shift the ratio. Ground flaxseed and walnuts provide omega3s.

By this approach I've been able to reach an ideal (not perfect) diet to my present needs. I only plan to take regular supplements of zinc, vitaminD, Iodine for now. Plus a multivitamin-mineral once a week. It is a continuos observational process though, having blood lab analyses would help (especially vitamin D), maybe I'll do that in the future as well.

I believe it's essential to get blood labs done. And then some others, like HTMA, because of inaccuracies, for example with electrolytes in serum. Only then you're able to know you're on a nutrient-sufficient diet. Especially important with health issues. Where deficiencies often already manifest, which to me seems impossible to correct with diet alone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diet, nutrition, vitamins, minerals, fat, protein, carbs, longevity, live, healthy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)