NAD+ and folate: effects on ovaries?

nad+ folate

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 foo

• 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:07 PM

Hello, 

I am 55yo post menopausal female and recently got my genome mapped.  I discovered that I have trouble processing folate, so I thought I would try supplementing with it.   Also recently heard about NAD+, so I'm using that too.

However, I find that taking them together results in fearsome cramps in my ovary regions.

Thanks for any thoughts

-foo

#2 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:30 PM

MTHFR mutation?

Don't take 'folate' ...... you specifically need to be taking 5-methylfolate if that is the case. Supplementing 'folate' or 'folic acid' is only going to continue to overload your body with something it already cannot process.

Regarding supplementing NAD+ specifically .....I would suggest looking one of the many threads on that using the forum search tool.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 foo

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:39 PM

Don't take 'folate' ...... you specifically need to be taking 5-methylfolate if that is the case. Supplementing 'folate' or 'folic acid' is only going to continue to overload your body with something it already cannot process.

Should have said it correctly, I am taking 5-methylfolate:  Jarrow Formulas Methyl Folate 5-MTHF

Edited by foo, 07 July 2016 - 05:42 PM.

#4 foo

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:17 PM

I'm afraid this is the last post I'm allowed today, but my specific mutations around folate are:

rs602662(G;G) (FUT2), rs4654748(C;T) (NBPF3), rs153734(G;G) (PRICKLE2-AS1), rs526934(A;A) (TCN1), rs1051266(A;G) (SLC19A1)

but I had the good mutation for MTHFR rs1801133(C;C)

So now I'm not sure where I got the idea about folate - seems B12 is what I lack.    I have trouble interpreting these DNA mutation results.

Thank you

-foo

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:07 PM

Yes, your mutations seem to be more about b12. Try Methyl b12 and  Dibencozide.

Watch out with the folate, it can mask a b12 deficiency.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nad+, folate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users