New to intermittent fasting and with some questions

intermittent fasting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DraxOfAvalon

• 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:24 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm a 40 years old male from Córdoba, Argentina. I'm doing "intermittent fasting" or something that I guess falls into that category. Let me tell you what I do, how and why I do it and please advice if I'm doing it all wrong or putting my health in danger.

This is what I do every week:

monday: I don't eat anything, I just take tea or cofee, mostly tea and water. Around 6 cups of tea per day maximum.

tuesday: I eat at night, around 20 PM, always home made, I don't count calories or whatever, I just cook what I want to eat and eat it.

wednesday: I don't eat anything, I just take tea or cofee, mostly tea and water.

thursday:  I eat at night, around 22 PM, really smal portion because that day I do a cooking class and we try what we've cooked.

friday: I eat at night, around 20 PM, this one is the day that I start eating like an animal. That night I eat whatever I want, mostly home made.

saturday: I start eating at 12 PM, lunch; (just because I don't like eating breakfast) and I eat during the day everything that comes into my hands, cookies, candy, pop-corn, greasy food, lots of meat because in Argentina we love meat... also I drink red wine on weekends, wine is also great here.

sunday: same as saturday and I stop eating around 20 PM

I started doing this for several reasons

- I don't like doing diets! and by diet I mean having to be thinking all day long on what to eat, the calories count, the hours, the frequency, what not to eat; it's a hard job and and I don't enjoy it.

- I LOVE to eat and to cook, but I can't cook every day and if I have to eat some crappy food I prefer not to eat instead

- I like to maintaing what I call "my ideal weight" that is around 58~60 kilos but I also love to eat and cook

- When I'm on "my ideal weight" I feel just awesome

- I don't feel hungry doing this. I've noticed that if I eat I get hungry but if I don't eat I don't get hungry, eating makes me hungry

I'm a skinny guy now, weight around 60 kilos and height is 162 centimeters. Starting on mondays to fridays I weight on the scale, naked and at the same hour everyday, early in the morning. I wake up at 06:15 AM and go to bed around 22 PM. On mondays I weight 62~64, the next day I'm on 60 and then I go through the week between 58 and 60 kilos. I don't check for my weight on weekends. 

I'm doing this "intermittent fasting" from at least 10 months ago. The longest I've fasted is 3 full days, from sunday night to wednesday night; I just did that to see if I could do it and to try to "restart" my immune system. 

I try to avoid sugar and I've developed some kind of lactose intolerance, I said "developed" because several years ago a nutritionist told me that milk and it's derivatives were the ones causing me some allergies; I suspended all milk, cheese, butter, etc for about 8 months during that diet and now if I eat cheese or drink milk I get instant diarrhea and stomach ache. In the past I hadn't that intolerance or at least it was mild. Same happens when I eat too much chocolate.

I don't exercise, I don't go to the gym or things like that, I walk with my dog 2 or 3 times a week. I work on IT so I spend most of my day in front of the computer. I've had a carpal tunnel syndrome operation 5 months ago, of course I've had blood, heart and urine checked for that operation and every value was correct; operation and recovery was perfect.

I had asthma as a kid, I don't have any attack since my youth but I use seretide (fluticasone) everyday, one hit in the morning and another before bed; it helps me with my seasonal rhinitis.

My wife and friends tell me that I'm crazy, that I shouldn't be doing what I'm doing, that my body needs vitamins everyday and bla bla bla. I feel great doing the fasting but I don't want to be ruining my health and that's why I ask for the help of more experienced people like the ones in this forum.

What am I doing wrong? Should I get some doctor appointment or analyisis done? 

Would love to hear what more experienced people have to say about my "intermittent fasting" and how to improve it or take care of my health. Ask me any questions if you want.

Thanks!

PS: my english is not the best, sorry if you find mistakes.

• Well Written x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intermittent fasting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users