* - - - - 1 votes

Cycloastragenol (TA-65) psychoactive effects

cycloastragenol

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:55 AM

This is about cycloastragenol's effects independent of telomerase and telomeres.

I tried 5mg of cycloastragenol with a meal for the first time yesterday.

My experience, but I may revise this, is that it has anti-glutamine/glutamate properties. Some have noted that it has given them "caffeine withdrawal" headaches which would make sense out of this. 

It does produce anxiety and a weird "inner tension" sort of adrenaline feeling, comparable to being at a great height and having a strong fear of heights.

Maybe it has affinity for adrenergic receptors?

Some say that it is energizing and improves their sleep and lowers their sleep requirement but this wasn't my experience. I did also take melatonin so it's possible that it interfered.

What is its half-life? I absolutely can't find a single thing about this anywhere, neither on the TA-65 nor Wikipedia page, or anywhere else.

• dislike x 1

#2 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:53 PM

That's interesting. I experienced something similar. It made me tired in a way but at the same time excited, restless or unfocused (I can't remember exactly it was a while ago), but it sounds similar to how you describe it. A mild effect but rather obvious nevertheless.

This was mostly from around 25-75mg cycloastragenol (crackaging), 5mg had very little such effects.

Edited by Keizo, 15 October 2016 - 07:55 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:39 AM

That's interesting. I experienced something similar. It made me tired in a way but at the same time excited, restless or unfocused (I can't remember exactly it was a while ago), but it sounds similar to how you describe it. A mild effect but rather obvious nevertheless.

This was mostly from around 25-75mg cycloastragenol (crackaging), 5mg had very little such effects.

Why did you start taking it? If for telomere length, did you achieve any improvement in your physical look?

I only take it to test it for my older relative who wants to take it.

• dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:40 PM

Why did you start taking it? If for telomere length, did you achieve any improvement in your physical look?

I only take it to test it for my older relative who wants to take it.

Protracted benzodiazepine withdrawal, desperation, hypochondria. Probably 3 years ago now. It probably gave some mild relief in those regards.

If I recall I believed my eyesight changed for the better (I'm near-sighted) for whatever reason, other than that I can't tell. I'm 25 now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cycloastragenol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users