• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Vorinostat

hdac inhibitor hdaci hdac fear extinction learning memory long-term memory vorinostat saha

• Please log in to reply
542 replies to this topic

#91 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:19 PM

Okay I sent money for 1 gram. Please let me know if you got it and when my item it shipped, thank you!

#92 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:28 AM

Kieran yup I got it!

Edited by musicman4534, 29 November 2016 - 02:29 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:32 AM

I'm interested in 1 gram. Is there still room left? 

DT you're GTG for 1 G

#94 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:56 AM

Okay I'm going to put a pause on new orders for now.

I'm so happy about this whole thing because of you guys. Everyone has been very nice and prompt, and everything so far couldn't have gone any smoother. The Longecity community is very diverse as well, with about as many orders coming from outside the US as in. I have people making orders from France, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, Croatia, Israel, Mexico, Toronto, England, Florida, Cali, Texas, Minnesota, and more. Thanks to all of you for helping co-create this community and making it what it is little by little.

I'm still waiting on a few payments and for some people to get back to me, but I'm putting in the order now, so we should expect parcels to start going out in a couple weeks or so.

During the shipping lull I'll finish up with all the orders, and get around to posting those few studies on vorinostat specifically that I was talking about.

Evan

• like x 2

#95 Donald Trumpet

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:17 AM

ok, I sent a payment for 1g

#96 stillwater

• 116 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:58 AM

Thank you for doing this, if it does prove to work for me it couldn't have happened at a better time in my life. Thanks again !

#97 gedanken

• 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:49 AM

Thanks again for all the work you've put into researching then sharing this information with all of us as well as putting this whole group buy together. This looks very promising.

#98 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:35 AM

Kieran yup I got it!

Thank you, am I right in thinking that if you break the 1 gram up into 200mg x5 capsules it would give me a weeks supply, I'm guessing this is the best dose seen as higher would produce negative side-effects. :/ as I don't have a set of scales.

#99 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:01 PM

Kieran yup I got it!

Thank you, am I right in thinking that if you break the 1 gram up into 200mg x5 capsules it would give me a weeks supply, I'm guessing this is the best dose seen as higher would produce negative side-effects. :/ as I don't have a set of scales.

Kieran, 200mg is much to high for first doses, and is probably too high for anyone anytime. I would start with 15-25mg your first couple sessions, then use around 50mg or more or less depending on how you feel/react. It is very important to be able to weigh your own dosages and gauge your own responses and effects of what you take. If you really can't get ahold of a scale for some reason we can work something out, just private message me. We could perhaps split it into 25mg capsules, or 10mg capsules.

• like x 2

#100 WillMatte

• 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 01:54 AM

How many doses do you have to take for fear extinction? Also, do you have room left in your group buy?

Edited by WillMatte, 30 November 2016 - 01:55 AM.

#101 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:48 AM

If there are unclaimed (ordered but not paid for) 2 - 3 grams, I will gladly jump in.

#102 Donald Trumpet

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:18 PM

musicman4534, thanks very much for doing this group buy. That said, I have a few questions: 

1) Does the Vorinostat come as capsules or in a powder form? 

2) If they come in capsules, how many milligrams is each one?  

3) If it comes as a powder, does it also come with a measuring scoop?

4) How long would the shipping take? Is it included in the price?

5) About the Vorinostat Itself. Having heard how effective it is in removing negative emotions, I was wondering whether it could also remove positive ones. In other words, could the Vorinostat make you apathetic towards things that used to make you excited? This would be kind important to know, right?

#103 Isak2044

• 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:36 PM

I'm so happy about this whole thing because of you guys. Everyone has been very nice and prompt, and everything so far couldn't have gone any smoother. The Longecity community is very diverse as well, with about as many orders coming from outside the US as in. I have people making orders from France, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, Croatia, Israel, Mexico, Toronto, England, Florida, Cali, Texas, Minnesota, and more. Thanks to all of you for helping co-create this community and making it what it is little by little.

I'm still waiting on a few payments and for some people to get back to me, but I'm putting in the order now, so we should expect parcels to start going out in a couple weeks or so.

During the shipping lull I'll finish up with all the orders, and get around to posting those few studies on vorinostat specifically that I was talking about.

Evan

I just sent the payement of 30$, is it too late??

#104 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:10 PM

How many doses do you have to take for fear extinction? Also, do you have room left in your group buy?

When you find a dosage that's reliable for you, like 50mg, one dose is technically enough to extinguish a fear. There are a couple factors that can play into this, however. One needs to activate enough pathways in the brain associated with the fear as well as take a high enough dose to increase transcription enough to permanently overcome the fear. It is very easy to target the fear of getting your foot shocked when you try to drink water in a lab with mice, but human fears are much more complex, and may take several vorinostat sessions to thoroughly reactivate and consequently extinguish. According to studies, though, the most succinct answer to your question is one.

musicman4534, thanks very much for doing this group buy. That said, I have a few questions: 

1) Does the Vorinostat come as capsules or in a powder form? 

2) If they come in capsules, how many milligrams is each one?  

3) If it comes as a powder, does it also come with a measuring scoop?

4) How long would the shipping take? Is it included in the price?

5) About the Vorinostat Itself. Having heard how effective it is in removing negative emotions, I was wondering whether it could also remove positive ones. In other words, could the Vorinostat make you apathetic towards things that used to make you excited? This would be kind important to know, right?

1) It will come as a powder.

2) A good starting dosage would be between 15-25mg, with a normal dosage ranging from 25-100mg. Sessions need to be separated by a few days, because if you take too high a dosage or take too many doses in a row too much HDAC can be inhibited, which prevents chromatin from condensing and consequently arrests the cell cycle. If you stick to our dosage guidelines, chromatin can still condense as not nearly all HDAC is inhibited, but the window of transcription is lengthened, which gives us the effects the studies talk about in regards to memory enhancement, fear extinction, etc.

3) No, no measuring scoop. I highly recommend buying at least a cheap milligram scale for this kind of substance, as dosage is important and a scoop does not accurately measure weight.

4) I just made the order with the supplier, they said they'll get it shipped within 7 days (probably sooner), it'll take 2 weeks or so to get to me, I'll divide up the parcels, which may take about a week to fully complete, and ship them out to you all as I finish packaging them. My shipping time will probably be around 3 or 4 days within the US and of course longer for international orders. I haven't looked into the shipping specifics yet, so I can't say a conclusive number of days, but I'm looking into it. Overall we're looking at arrivals starting to appear around the New Year. If things are delayed at all beyond this timeframe it will either be because I'm testing to make sure what we have is vorinostat or handling something with the supplier. Hopefully everything will go smoothly though.

5) Nope, the happiness, pleasure, attraction, love parts of our brain work differently and utilize HDAC in different ways (or perhaps not at all) than the fear pathways of our brain. It does not dull emotions. Also positive emotions are less likely to artificially build up in our minds like fear does, which is an evolutionary trait to keep us away from harm. Most of the fear that comes up in us is connected to fears that are associated with memories, have built up overtime, and are triggered by various stimuli causing a resurgence and then strengthening of those fears, whether or not the original danger is still there or not. HDAC inhibitors allow the reassessment of these past fears, which usually give the feeling of the fear disappearing. They were technically overpowered and overwritten by the present moment, which, unless you're about to get hit by a train, is not as fear-inducing as the overly-built-up fears from the past. Vorinostat essentially allows growth. It overcomes the built up fear and allows the other emotions we have to surface, hence the breath of fresh air I felt the first time I took vorinostat. In this way it potentiates the positive emotions because it is allowing them a chance by stripping away the built up fear. What makes us truly afraid today is completely different from what instilled fear in us in our younger years, and, because of the way fear works evolutionarily, fear is meant to build up in us over time surrounding certain situations. Since we're not needing to avoid lions anymore, this evolutionary trait usually just manifests itself as weird, crippling anxieties that are at their essence unnecessary in today's world. If they are necessary, they will be kept, as vorinostat doesn't dull any emotion. So, if every time you say something dumb in class you feel anxiety, if you're on vorinostat you will record that anxiety, but it will not allow it to balloon. Any anxiety about that situation that has ballooned over time will be stripped away, so even that bit of necessary anxiety that possibly could remain still feels like a breath of fresh air because now you're feeling all the emotions equally and not just the built up, unnecessary anxiety from all times past.

I kind of rambled there for a second, but to answer your question again, no, vorinostat cannot just delete positive associations, as this is not how HDAC is implicated.

There is a lot of good discussion about this stuff in the CL-994 thread, the HDAC discussion thread, and my first post in r/nootropics

I'm so happy about this whole thing because of you guys. Everyone has been very nice and prompt, and everything so far couldn't have gone any smoother. The Longecity community is very diverse as well, with about as many orders coming from outside the US as in. I have people making orders from France, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, Croatia, Israel, Mexico, Toronto, England, Florida, Cali, Texas, Minnesota, and more. Thanks to all of you for helping co-create this community and making it what it is little by little.

Evan

I just sent the payement of 30$, is it too late??

No Isak I had you down from your first request so you're good to go. You were one of the first to make a request :)

Waitlist: Please go ahead and make a post if you'd like to enter the group buy, but I am going to hold off on any new requests for now until I receive the order from the supplier, hear back from everyone that has already put in a request, and tally up how much extra I actually have (which will be 25 or so grams at most... this is if I don't hear back from all of the people that haven't paid yet plus my safety cushion of 10 grams extra. The whole order was for 100g with 75g paid for and almost 50 people participating.). I'm sorry if folks are getting here a bit late, but I'm going to try to get in touch with the folks that haven't paid yet and if anyone drops out a spot will be open for the next in line. Someone else is welcome to organize their own group buy if enough interest grows within the next month, otherwise I'll probably organize another group buy myself starting beginning of February. There are a few other compounds I'm interested in as well, so I'm thinking of doing a multi-compound group buy with orders for a few compounds that I'm really interested in but are harder to find easily/reliably.

• Informative x 2
  • like x 2

#105 Braindude1234

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:41 AM

I would like to be on the waitlist.

#106 r4ndom

• 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:30 AM

Musicman I would like a gram could you let me know if you can do this?

#107 Moumou

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:24 PM

Please, count me in for 2grams on the Waiting list.

#108 LiveWell

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

Yo!!! Please put me down for a gram on the waitlist!

#109 birdbrain

• 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:57 PM

Please put me on the waitlist for at least 2g.  4g if possible.

#110 suburbanmom420

• 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:24 PM

Put me on the waitlist too (a gram). Of course I found this two days after it closed smh

#111 LiveWell

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:34 PM

Scratch that! If it's $30, I'll take 3! I'll take around $100, whatever that comes out to. This stuff sounds killer.

#112 pampoenkop

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:52 PM

3g on the waiting list please

#113 r4ndom

• 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:13 PM

I would like to change this request to 3 grams of possible, thank you and please let me know.

#114 kwikfire

• 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:06 PM

Please put me on the waitlist for 2 grams, thanks!

#115 tempestcha

• 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:08 AM

Please put me on the wait list for a quantity equal to $100.

#116 kwikfire

• 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:09 PM

Please put me on the waitlist for 2 grams, thanks!

Actually, make my request 3 grams if possible, thanks!

#117 p3x888

• 133 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:02 AM

Please put me on the waiting list for 5 grams

#118 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:48 PM

2g waitlist +1

#119 Fozzyred

• 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:18 PM

Hey Evan,

I already paid for 3g. I would like to be on the waitlist for another gram if you have it available after addressing everyone else and taking care of yourself.

Thanks,

FR

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#120 Synaptik

• 80 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:50 AM

Any rebound effects or tolerance issues with vorinostat? Will it consistently work in the long run is reasonable dosages are taken?

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hdac inhibitor, hdaci, hdac, fear extinction, learning, memory, long-term memory, vorinostat, saha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users