• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Molecural Mechanisms Behind Neural Enchantment

nootropic neurology enchantment

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RazB

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:38 PM

Hello dear members

I'm Raz, a brain researcher from Tel-Aviv university. My academic background is mostly psychological, however, once on the clinical setting- I have discovered that therapy isn't really my cup of tea. Instead, I choose to continue my academic studies for PhD in a topic that fascinate me the most: brain research.

Couple of months ago I got accepted into a lab that deals with neurosciences in a fascinating and innovative approach : in-vivo cortical observation with two-photons microscopy. In more simple words: we can observe the micro-environment of the brain in a 3D-live fashion, till a depth of 600 micron, while the animal is alive and moving (thanks to a cortical window we install ). So far, I researched with my colleague the vascular impairments that hypertension induce in the brain. 

For my next project, I thought to consult with you guys in this forum for potential leads- as I got a hint that you guys are pretty serious about neuronal enchantment..

From what you've read, heard, or speculated- which novel molecular mechanisms of neuro-enchantment is the most promising (in your opinion)?

Of course, I have a wealth of academic data on the topic- however I'm looking for the fresh, hands-on experimental knowledge you guys have co-collected!

• like x 2

#2 RazB

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

ahh I'm sorry I made a mistake, could the admin please relocate this post to "Brain health " ..?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 Priscilla

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:36 PM

If you are intrested in this type of a thing, I would recommend getting your PhD in quantitative biology. It's bassically the field of biology of tommorow.

On topic, your lead.

http://futurism.com/...-in-your-brain/

Also...I feel as if your view is somewhat misguided... The fundamental nature of reality is mathematical, rather than finding one expression of this deeper reality, find the principle pattern/mechanism that serve as the roots for all the expressions.

"Unorganized sound waves are noise, organized sound waves are music."

Edited by Priscilla, 18 November 2016 - 01:38 PM.

• Disagree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic, neurology, enchantment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users