• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How do I test my IQ / cognitive function to measure effects of medication / nootropics?

nootropics quantified self cognitive function nback

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Delton

• 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:45 PM

Hello folks, 

I have been interested in nootropics for several years, but I've always found the field very subjective. 

Recently I started taking Lexapro for anxiety and I'd like to see how it effects my cognitive function, IQ, & memory. 

I have started doing the n-back test and am currently averaging n=2.75 or so. I am not sure if this is a good metric for me right now though as I am still learning the game and i haven't plateaued yet. 

What are good brain games for testing cognitive function? I used to use Luminosity, but it's no longer free and I don't want to pay money. 

Also, what is a good website for taking IQ tests? Any pitfalls with IQ testing I should be aware of? 

#2 EminJahovic

• 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:34 PM

Well, if you do not feel the effect of enhancement or its positivity on your daily life, it's not considerable and it can be hard to measure , keep in mind that iq tests give a changable result in everytime you take the quiz

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Water Buffalo

• 36 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:41 AM

iqtest.dk is a good test. Cambridge Brain Sciences would be a better way to track how your different functions change over time. There are certain medications that will change different parts of your intelligence. For example, guanfacine is a medication that targets the prefrontal cortex, so it has a beneficial effect on spatial memory.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics, quantified self, cognitive function, nback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users