blue sky

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 San Francisco

• 20 posts
  • -8 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:47 PM

Blue Sky Research Exemestane is not in solution.

There are white particles that are denser than the solution liquid (they settle). What are these?

Something is precipitating (about 70° F here) at room temperature ( or perhaps was never dissolved in the first place ?). The label says 25mg/ml of exemestane, but what is in this bottle? What are those white particles settling? If they exemestane, then that makes measuring out 25mg/ml an impossibility. 

What is this?

Edited by San Francisco, 31 December 2016 - 09:08 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#2 San Francisco

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • -8 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:45 PM

Here is the broken English response I got from the Blue Sky's D Deyo:—

All our Chems are over dosed and sometimes that causes the active compound "(crystals)"to fall out of the solution, due to the molecular weight of the compound.  Simply run under warm water, then shake well prior to research.  

As you can see, not only does Blue Sky lack any concept of "solution", they do not even measure their product. 

It is not safe for research, nor is it safe as a black market alternative to the restrictive, harmful medical system.

Edited by San Francisco, 02 January 2017 - 05:48 PM.

#3 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • 290 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:55 PM

I don't know about that company but compounds in very concentrate solutions, near the saturation point, easily fall out with very little drops in temperature and their answer makes perfectly sense.

I might suggest to make sure of the quality by way of a proper laboratory test before offering to the public your externalizations about companies... unless you enjoy layers happiness, of course. 

By the way, what's your concept of solution and how do you know they don't measure their products?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 San Francisco

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • -8 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:32 AM

I don't know about that company but compounds in very concentrate solutions, near the saturation point, easily fall out with very little drops in temperature and their answer makes perfectly sense.

I might suggest to make sure of the quality by way of a proper laboratory test before offering to the public your externalizations about companies... unless you enjoy layers happiness, of course. 

By the way, what's your concept of solution and how do you know they don't measure their products?

I am not afraid of and will not be intimidated by your veiled threat. 

solution â€” a homogeneous mixture of one or more solutes dissolved in a solvent.

The product cannot be said to have a concentration, as it is not in solution. 

The only part of testing that might resolve that would be heating it to an unknown temperature. 

In order to get the solute back into solution, I tried heating and shaking the bottle. That didn't work. Exemestane should not be heated above 30° C (86° F), so I did not do that. 

It's pretty clear that you spending money on a lab test at this point would be a total waste of your time and energy. Knock yourself out, if you like. However, I can empathize how, from a non-scientist consumer's standpoint, an official report from a laboratory would seem more convincing.

The company admitted via email that the concentration advertised is incorrect. 

The company is operating in oblivion to the problem. The are arrogant and have decided against fixing their own problems, which they continue to try to deny and minimize. Blue Sky needs to be shut down.

Edited by San Francisco, 04 January 2017 - 12:45 AM.

#5 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • 290 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

Your idea of solution is vague at least, try this simple experiment to gain a better knowledge:

add salt to a glass of water till no more can dissolve in despite of stirring and waiting.

You'll see some salt sitting on the bottom of the glass.

Now drink some of the water: would it be salty?

Yes, I guess.

Why?

Because some salt not dissolved doesn't mean there is no salt in solution, actually it means the exact opposite: the solution is saturated and can't hold any more.

In other words that water is as salty as it can be at that temperature.

Would it make sense to say that water can't be salty enough because some salt is sitting on the bottom?

It is perfectly possible to laboratory test a saturated solution. 

The saturation point of a solute in a given solvent at a given temperature is known or at least easily discovered.

From a point of view it doesn't matter since you are buying a given amount of solution, not of solute.

Eventually your concerns should be about the purity and quality of the compound, which can only be assessed reliably by test analysis.

...and by the way I am not treating you, just reminding that calling names and accusing a company of scam on a public forum can lead to unpleasant outcomes, that's all.

#6 San Francisco

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • -8 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:54 AM

Your idea of solution is vague at least, try this simple experiment to gain a better knowledge:

Look who's talking.

add salt to a glass of water till no more can dissolve in despite of stirring and waiting.

You'll see some salt sitting on the bottom of the glass.

Now drink some of the water: would it be salty?

Yes, I guess.

My guess is that the sort of mental process that went in to Blue Sky's Exemestane's 25mg/ml solution is pretty similar to yours. Y

Because some salt not dissolved doesn't mean there is no salt in solution, actually it means the exact opposite: the solution is saturated and can't hold any more.

The undissoved salt, by definition, is not in solution.

Now bring your salt water to the temperature of "warm water" to conduct dose-accurate research. Makes perfect sense.

Eventually your concerns should be about the purity and quality of the compound, which can only be assessed reliably by test analysis.

My concern is about the integrity of the product.

Perhaps it is 25mg/l at some temperature. What temperature, exactly, does the correct amount of solute dissolved? Well, if we go by the instructions given in Blue Sky's prior email, that temperature would have to be that of "warm water". One more time:—

Simply run under warm water, then shake well prior to research

Given a task of performing research, and given the options of the research chemical being:—

A) a solution that is stable at 25mg/ml room temperature
B) an "over dose" mixture the active chemical as a powder, undissolved water

B is obviously not a viable choice, as dose is not controlled.

quote:—
...and by the way I am not treating you, just reminding that calling names and accusing a company of scam on a public forum can lead to unpleasant outcomes, that's all.
—
You defend such ridiculous consumer fraud while issuing warnings to not post such an exposé of its bunkness.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users