• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Injectable Coq10 better bio-availability than oral?

coq10 injection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gravy

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:06 AM

I haven't been able to find much information on the use of injectable coq10 (intramuscular route). It seems like it's mostly used only orally or through an iv route in clinical setting. However orally coq10 doesn't have the best bio-availability. If you get the powder you'll need to combine it with some sort of fat like coconut oil or you can buy it already made with some sort of far carrier. It seems like this route of administration is adequate in getting enough coq10 in to the body to exert its health effects.

However I was wondering if it's bio-availability can be significantly increased if one were inject it intramuscular.  What would it's half life be, etc...

I tried to look for it in its injectable form but I only found one company selling it. Rex pharma and it's only in 5mg/ml formulation which seems pretty low. Then I looked into compounding pharmacies would seems to offer it in 25mg/ml form. However it seems like overall the injectable form isn't really used or it's not popular.

Does any one know why? Is the bio-availability not significantly better via the IM route? I couldn't find much literature on it through google scholar and patents.

I found a compounding pharmacy recipe for it which seems pretty easy to make. Coq10 is fat soluble and falls into a solution very easily when mixed with a oil carrier. I recently made a batch and filtered it though an .22 micron filter. it's 150mg/ml and painless. I've taken a couple of injections so far. I'm hoping this will help with my blood pressure and cholesterol values.

• like x 1

#2 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:06 AM

For blood pressure and cholesterol there are methods a thousand times more effective and perhaps cheaper too than coq10. You should only use coq10 for heart energy purposes, if you ask me.

The pauling therapy works for atherosclerotic plaques and if you have calcified arteries then as you know there's vitamin K2 and vitamin A and so on.

For cholesterol there's niacin, choline and several others that will do just what you need.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Gravy

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:24 AM

I'm using it in addition to glutathione for overall health/energy. I am already using vitamin k2/d3, and niacin. But with coq10 there's lots of other pluses too like improving periodontal health.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coq10, injection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users