Photo

Prima facie evidence that igf-1, gh and testosterone accelerates aging

rich piana igf-1 growth hormone

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

This is Rich Piana. Rich Piana has completely gray scalp hair but colors it black to hide it. Rich Piana is on a constant testosterone and trenbolone steroid cycle (he says himself). Rich Piana takes igf-1 and growth hormone (watch his videos, he claims it himself). He is 45 years old!!! but looks at least 10 years older.

None of what I write is derogatory or making assumptions in anyway, it's just to make a point.

Note that he has been taking growth hormone for more than 5 years, as he has said himself. 

Few days ago:

Little over 5 years ago:

Edited by PeaceAndProsperity, 26 March 2017 - 07:48 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#2 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:49 AM

This is Rich Piana. Rich Piana has completely gray scalp hair but colors it black to hide it. Rich Piana is on a constant testosterone and trenbolone steroid cycle (he says himself). Rich Piana takes igf-1 and growth hormone (watch his videos, he claims it himself). He is 45 years old!!! but looks at least 10 years older.
None of what I write is derogatory or making assumptions in anyway, it's just to make a point.

Note that he has been taking growth hormone for more than 5 years, as he has said himself.

Few days ago:
https://www.youtube....h?v=ptHtiiyw5cg

Little over 5 years ago:
https://www.youtube....h?v=nH6kFQa13v0

Abusing growth hormones is probably not a good idea. But supplementing a little if you are low may not be bad. Here I report a good case of using GHRH/GHRP. I thought I had MODY 2 diabetes because my morning blood sugar have always been in the high 90's and I get low blood sugar symptoms when blood glucose was in the 90's. After injecting GHRH/GHRP2 100ug for two days, my morning blood sugar dropped to 83 and I no longer get low blood sugar symptoms when hungry. It is a miracle.
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 soulprogrammer

• 168 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:09 PM

It is known fact that fasting reduces IGF-1.  So lower IGF-1 better for longer healthspan/lifespan? Still, no one can confirm that.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

It is known fact that fasting reduces IGF-1.  So lower IGF-1 better for longer healthspan/lifespan? Still, no one can confirm that.

I disagree. Igf1 receptor knockout humans (some type of dwarves) appear to live longer.

There is so much evidence that igf-1 accelerates aging. You obviously need it, it's a good growth factor but you need it mostly during your teen years and after which you might as well reduce it if you can.

Igf-1 is androgenic so bodybuilders and men would probably prefer to not reduce it, but in terms of longevity it clearly and undeniably is one of those things that should be lower.

• Needs references x 2

#5 Never_Ending

• 170 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

I disagree. Igf1 receptor knockout humans (some type of dwarves) appear to live longer.

There is so much evidence that igf-1 accelerates aging. You obviously need it, it's a good growth factor but you need it mostly during your teen years and after which you might as well reduce it if you can.

Igf-1 is androgenic so bodybuilders and men would probably prefer to not reduce it, but in terms of longevity it clearly and undeniably is one of those things that should be lower.

It does seem that it should be lower. But I think a more accurate word for it is "anabolic" instead of "androgenic". Androgens are steroid hormones (testosterone/estrogen are both steroid hormones) unlike HGH and IGF-1. During adult years women actually produce more HGH than men.

Although IGF-1 should be lower it's unclear how much a normal body needs to maintain health (and wellness).

What can be said is that excess levels of those hormones (especially artificially elevated levels) does very likely accelerate aging.

Edited by Never_Ending, 22 November 2017 - 03:33 PM.

#6 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

Igf-1 is androgenic because it's required for activity at the androgen receptor and injecting igf-1 or igf-1 releasers is known to enhance male-pattern body hair growth.

Men like Mike Tyson also show signs of igf-1 oversecretion (spaces between his teeth, very common in hypermasculine men).

When bodybuilders abuse steroids and don't feel the effects of the steroids they are taking one common issue is that their igf-1 levels are too low. It's also known that igf-1 receptor deficient mutants are more sociable and less prone to antisocial behavior.

Some people lack igf-1 receptors due to a genetic mutations yet they still live perfectly fine albeit with stunted growth. Does this mean that an igf-1 deficiency or inefficiency does not cause death or disease in the form of a weakened immune system or faulty recovery from daily tasks like moving the body?

Coming to think of it maybe an igf-1 deficiency is only sustainable for a dwarf-sized individual with drastically fewer cells. Maybe guys of normal height or above need igf-1 to maintain their body size and their twice as many or more cells in the body.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Never_Ending

• 170 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:38 AM

There's possibly some relation but high IGF-1 bodybuilders many times have just overbulked and artificially put themselves in that state. No matter the reason for the oversecretion, I wouldn't consider those people "hypermasculine" often they do not have high testosterone. In fact men with naturally very high testosterone levels(hypermasculine) can often have stunted growth because it matures the skeleton faster.

I think people likely need some low levels of IGF-1 , normal people have had this hormone their whole lives so to deprive it completely is likely unsustainable but maybe a slight reduction IS doable.

Edited by Never_Ending, 23 November 2017 - 12:44 AM.

#8 YOLF

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:25 AM

I've said it quite a few times, but creatine makes BBs look old. I really don't think it's the igf1... it could also be the diet, the man could a holstein all by himself! I bet he doesn't exactly go around cutting carbs.

• Ill informed x 1
  • dislike x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rich piana, igf-1, growth hormone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users