• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Good supplements to be more social/talkative?

supplements social

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 someone1234567890

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:55 AM

Hello!

I'm looking for supplements that can help increase my mood and to make me be more social and talkative. I've always been the "shy guy". I'd like to be able to speak more often and not overthink things. I often have trouble keeping conversations going. I often just smile, nod, etc. Even with close friends, often. 

I'm not sure if this problem has something to do with social anxiety, lack of something like dopamine. Not too sure. I'm not even sure if there's even any supplements out there that'll help with these issues.

Whenever I'm at parties, I start off quiet and shy. But once I start drinking alcohol, I can talk with anyone without overthinking. I just do it. I'm sort of looking for this, just without all of the other things that alcohol does (hangover, impaired, stupidity etc).

I've been looking at things like Rhodiola, 5-HTP, Ashwagandha, GABA and Manganese.

I've also looked at Phenibut and Kratom. These scare me a little though, especially Phenibut. I'd like to avoid any sort of addiction. 

Thank you! :)

Edited by someone1234567890, 02 April 2017 - 01:57 AM.

#2 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 03:57 AM

Yeah, alcohol, the social lubricant. I know what you mean, I've been this way my entire life, too, just kinda smile, nod, and then the conversation dies. You know, after a life of searching for easy solutions perhaps I've come to the realization that this shy, introverted, smart person that I am is, well, that's just how I am. Why try to extrovert myself when there is a whole tribe of us introverts out here, and we're cool. In fact, I prefer others who are slightly shy and socially awkward like I am. There's charm to that; embrace your charming shyness because you'll attract people to you who adore this about you and find you refreshingly unique to the typical loudmouth douches all of us introverts must endure day in day out, as nauseum.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 someone1234567890

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:55 AM

Yeah, alcohol, the social lubricant. I know what you mean, I've been this way my entire life, too, just kinda smile, nod, and then the conversation dies. You know, after a life of searching for easy solutions perhaps I've come to the realization that this shy, introverted, smart person that I am is, well, that's just how I am. Why try to extrovert myself when there is a whole tribe of us introverts out here, and we're cool. In fact, I prefer others who are slightly shy and socially awkward like I am. There's charm to that; embrace your charming shyness because you'll attract people to you who adore this about you and find you refreshingly unique to the typical loudmouth douches all of us introverts must endure day in day out, as nauseum.

Thanks for your very good response! I will definitely take what you said into consideration. Thank you :)

#4 The.End

• 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:12 AM

Moclobemide and Selegiline combo
  • like x 1

#5 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

Not a supplement but it helps me. http://www.bakadesuy...rsation-skills/

#6 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

For me I think it's a mix of gaba-b and oxytocin hypofunction, so perhaps a mix of gaba-b and 5ht1a, like in autism.

• dislike x 1

#7 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:51 AM

Not a supplement, but a prescription drug, tramadol makes me more talkative to the point where I felt like I could go up to a stranger on the street and start up a conversation.
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#8 someone1234567890

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:35 AM

Not a supplement, but a prescription drug, tramadol makes me more talkative to the point where I felt like I could go up to a stranger on the street and start up a conversation.

Haha, I actually have some Tramadol (branded as Tramacet). What dose did you take? The most that I feel at 50 mg is maybe a slight amount of calmness, slightly more talkative because of the calmness, and a bit of dizziness. Thanks!

#9 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:44 AM

Improv classes helped. Then I realized while everyone in life has an interesting story, I'm not always so keen to hear them. Acting classes help, too, if you can withstand the horrors of the stage. You might find either in improv or acting class one or two very special people to whom you're attracted, and realize wow they're kinda shy and introverted, too, and they take Ativan to get through the stress. Not that I'm suggesting long term Ativan, of course, but in a pinch it's another tool in a performer's kit.

Public speaking classes I abhor; others find them useful and clean. Another angle is get really fucking good at something, anything that pleases you, and master it. Then sit in that space and own it: let others approach you with their words and gestures while you sit on a kind of inner throne.
  • like x 1

#10 Matt79

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

caffeine + alcohol

#11 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

For me I think it's a mix of gaba-b and oxytocin hypofunction, so perhaps a mix of gaba-b and 5ht1a, like in autism.

Are there any oxytocin supplements? 

#12 Zed

• 36 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:01 PM

I am not aware of Oxytocin supps (as in tablets) but there are intranasal sprays that are very effective and also the SC route tho that is possibly a bit extreme. The sprays are available from compounding chemists Rx prolly required.

Something else that could be considered is intranasal insulin spray.  There is a 2 year clinical trial of its use as an antidote for forgetfulness in seniors and numerous other studies that demonstrate safety ( ie No affect on glucose levels as one would expect with injected insulin).  Can post links if anyone wants.

#13 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:59 AM

I am not aware of Oxytocin supps (as in tablets) but there are intranasal sprays that are very effective and also the SC route tho that is possibly a bit extreme. The sprays are available from compounding chemists Rx prolly required.

Something else that could be considered is intranasal insulin spray.  There is a 2 year clinical trial of its use as an antidote for forgetfulness in seniors and numerous other studies that demonstrate safety ( ie No affect on glucose levels as one would expect with injected insulin).  Can post links if anyone wants.

Oh so it is a spray supplement? I have seen those before, I might buy it. Can you recommend a brand? Oxytocin supplementation could be very mind altering.

Edited by Jiminy Glick, 14 April 2017 - 11:03 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#14 Zed

• 36 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

>>Oh so it is a spray supplement? I have seen those before, I might buy it. Can you recommend a >>brand? Oxytocin supplementation could be very mind altering.

Not sure of brands.

I got a Rx for a compounding chemist (Australia) to make a spray up ( actually got it for SC).  However when overseas(Thailand) I got some syntocinon and just put a few vials of the

injectable into a spray and one spray  was as effective as the SC. Reasonably effective for communication - it doesnt make you jump up and start chatting to all and sundry but the communications you do have tend to have more connection in them. Not something I use everyday. I actually take it for reasons other than social shyness.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplements, social

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users