Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Is Ceretropic Legit or a Scam?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Ceretropic

• 86 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:12 AM

It's very likely I will shut down Ceretropic at some point, or drastically change what it is. I don't see good things ahead from a regulatory, banking, or legal perspective. I am still deciding on things. Moving operations offshore could be an option. Major change is likely to happen at some point, though.

• Good Point x 1

#32 AlwaysLearning

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:56 AM

It's very likely I will shut down Ceretropic at some point, or drastically change what it is. I don't see good things ahead from a regulatory, banking, or legal perspective. I am still deciding on things. Moving operations offshore could be an option. Major change is likely to happen at some point, though.

Could you elaborate? I'm very curious what has happened and what you're expecting to happen.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 Ceretropic

• 86 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:02 AM

In mid to late 2015, we had a competitor contact our card processor and tell them that we were selling illegal substances. This caused our card processor to drop us without warning. We also had someone contact our E-commerce platform, and pretend to be law enforcement. They said the same thing: that we were selling illegal substances. Our E-commerce platform tried to drop us as well, till I got lawyers involved. Then they backed down when they realized it was a bullshit report from someone pretending to be law enforcement. Our card processor could not be talked down, though. This set the whole nootropics industry down a path to being on the wrong people's radar. We attempted to get new processing for the next year and a half. However, the processors and banks now saw nootropics as risky, and decided to decline to do business with nootropics companies. All the processors and banks talk to each other. So word spread through the underwriting and risk departments of the banks. It took about a year to hit the other nootropics companies, but it hit all of them eventually. This is what set Powder City down a path to having financial issues. The lawsuits just sealed the deal. This is why we have really only had Echeck and Bitcoin as payment options for a while now.

We've dealt with a lot of other things as well; many of which I can't really publicly talk about, for legal reasons. However, it's been a tough year and a half. We've had countless bank accounts shut down for a number of reasons. Did you know that most banks will immediately shut your business accounts down if they see deposits from Bitcoin companies, like Bitpay and Coinbase?  Neither did we, till they were informing us that we had 30 days to clear our accounts. Ohh, and Bitpay and Coinbase shut down our accounts as well. We're too "risky" for them, too. Our business, and me personally, are banned from Paypal and Amazon Payments. We've been dropped or denied by at least 40 different processors and banks. Our government literally has a stranglehold on our financial system. It's completely broken. To top it all off, we got hit with tens of thousands of dollars in consumer fraud as well. People are just shitty. It gets tiring having to battle to keep things running day in and day out. The only way to reliably secure things long-term is to hide your operations, and funnel the processing through fake/shell companies. That's not something I am interested in. I wanted to advance nootropics, not fight the banking system.

I'm venting a bit here, but that's a small view as to what is going on. I don't really see things improving in the near future, either. This is why I'll likely make some major changes to Ceretropic at some point. Again, I am still deciding on a course of action. We may be able to find alternatives on the processing side, but I am not counting on it.

• Good Point x 2

#34 beefnewton

• 37 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:31 PM

Well crap.  I love giving you my money.

#35 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:25 AM

caretropic makes sense. ive noticed this for a while now with websites i had booked for ages, and its some bullshit. i cant stand this country and i wanna get out, thanks

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#36 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 06:18 AM

Bumping this post because Ceretropic has been shut down. Anyone have a clue as to whether this is permanent or if they will possibly re-open offshore?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users