• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

is biomagnetism a pseudoscience?

biomagnetism pseudoscience johns hopkins experimental therapy experimental medicine stem cell

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

I met a person that was in a car accident and is under going an experimental treatment that involves stem cells. She mentioned to me that her doctor was a Johns Hopkins graduate and is based in Northern California. She said her damaged knee seem to be healing because of the experimental treatment she is under going. She pays out of pocket since insurance do not cover experimental treatments, so I would assume, the treatment is NOT pseudoscience but clearly in the experimental stages as well but that may have real results. She had mentioned to me as well about "biomagnetism". She had mentioned that she knew a person that had a failing kidney and was treated with magnets and had been cured of her ailment. I think experimental treatments are still exclusively for the rich. She had mentioned that biomagnetism was said to cure all diseases like AIDS. She kinda lost me there because if it was true, why isn't Charlie Sheen getting treatment for his HIV? Perhaps, it's his lack of knowledge or that not many people trust anything that is still in its experimental stages?

#2 nickpao

• 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:56 AM

if it was true, why isn't Charlie Sheen getting treatment for his HIV?

And this is not the one case. Because of this i dont believe in such a things.
Obviously it's can influence on a person in some way, there need to be study done but as such powerful cure? meh.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 16 April 2022 - 10:11 AM

Actually, it's quite simple if we look at the definition of pseudoscience...
Pseudoscience purports to be an accurate description of physical law despite either 1) consistently failing experimental verification or 2) being unfalsifiable.

I think that second part of the definition is most interesting. Pseudoscience or Pseudointellectual movements are fundamentally unfalsifiable. They make assertions about life, society, or the world that cannot be disproven.

1*_Nb1xvBrDzCNMH0BHC5Ntg.gif

Watch: What (REALLY) is Pseudoscience?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biomagnetism, pseudoscience, johns hopkins, experimental therapy, experimental medicine, stem cell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users