• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Weird Sensation after using Red Lights in Room?

red light therapyred lights room hacking dangers sleep hygiene sleep hacking

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JBForrester

• 350 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:02 AM

Hey guys,
For sleep hygiene, I just switched out my normal light bulbs in my apt to red light bulbs - nothing expensive, just cheap $6 bulbs. Immediately after I experienced muscle twitching and it feels like my head is being pulled - weird, I know. Has anyone experienced anything weird after using these, and could this indicate that this could be bad or dangerous? Are there any dangers in using cheap red bulbs? I couldn't find anything on the internet, but I don't want to do more harm than good through self-experimentation, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:56 AM

Red lights are a bit of a stimulant. You may want to consider eating more food, especially carbs.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 JBForrester

• Topic Starter
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:17 AM

Hmm... that's weird because if you google red light bulbs and sleep, every single article mentions that they are the opposite of stimulants and are the best for sleep followed by incandescent. For example:
https://sleep.org/ar...ing-lightbulbs/

I definitely always eat carbs at night before bed. Wanted even more of a sleep boost before going to bed though, so I tried this.

Oh and an update: I tried sleeping after using them 1 hour before lights out, and after two hours of trying to fall asleep I gave up, which led me to where I am now, writing to you guys. Not a wink!! So odd...

#4 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:51 AM

Just see if it's a one off, or if it keeps happening? -)

#5 Ali

• 35 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

I switched my bedrooms bathroom lights to red led bulbs, and its made a massive difference to my sleep....I make sure all bed room lights are out for at least an hour before sleeping. The blue wavelength from a regular white light bulb definitely effect meletoin release at night and even have aging effects on your skin. Any cheap bulbs will do. Just make sure they are l.e.d and the actual led is red and not just the outer casing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: red light therapyred lights, room hacking, dangers, sleep hygiene, sleep hacking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users