What has happened to my brain?

lsd mdma cannabis spice clopixol crack

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Johniebgr

• 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:57 PM

Hello guys,
Im 19 and ive been smoking pot the last 3 years almost everyday with small 15-day breaks 4-5 times a year. the last 8 months i have been smoking almost 2 grams everyday. Ive took 10 small doses of LSD over the last year (the first three in the same week), the last being more than 4 months ago. Tried MDMA 5 times over the last year last being 6 months ago. Crack twice but very small doses. And spice-like cannabis substitutes occasionally. i found out i also had been taking clopixol for 1 week without knowing one and a half year ago, combined with heavy cannabis use, alcohol, and too much caffeine. The last 6 months ive been feeling a little odd and this feeling keeps becoming stronger and stronger even though I have a 100% healthy lifestyle right now. 1 month ago i had my first panic attack caused by these sensations, followed by many more, and now im in a constant panic mode...(throat feels like closing in, air isnt enough, hyperventilation causes hands to go numb many times a day). I also have noticed my heart reate isnt stable, going noticeably up during inhalation and down during exhalation. My eyes are too sensitive to light, i feel lightheaded 24/7, i have painfully realistic nightmares where my teeth fall off, my brain is very slow (i used to be first in class at Math), my memory is too weak and  multitasking is impossible. I even fail at doing very simple things. I somehow think i can feel the inside of my body in an unsettling way (my throat and centre of the head most vividly), and even the smallest injury (bumping my knee on the table) makes me panic and feel as if something is not ok in my body. I have lost my urge to go out and socialize, and i cant eat as i used to because the feeling of my stomache being full panics me. I have quit everything 25 days now and just started taking a b12 vitamin pill once a day because i heard it helps at the reconstruction and healing of nerves but im not really sure if its true. i excercise a lot every day, and its the only thing that helps me feel better. Im not interested in taking any kind of medication and i want this to go away as naturally as possible (if possible). Can anyone here tell what has happened to me? And most importantly if it can just go away in some time..? :P Im losing precious time from my life and thats devastating me. Thank you guys!!

#2 Andy7452

• 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:00 PM

Hello. 

I am no expert in this area, however i do myself have experience with long term drug use and i find out situation very similar - i too was smoking cannabis every day for about 4 years and occasionally i would also use blow, amphetamines, etc. I never really had a bad experience with drugs until  about 6 month ago, where i had what i would also describe as a panic attack (on cocaine). Since then i have also had a odd sensation, humming in the body, strange sleep, memory issues, strange "waves of depression" that hit me in the afternoon, and also borderline hypochondria as you describe it :D For some time i was obsessed with my heart-rate as well, and i have generally been having the feeling that "something is wrong with me physically" ever since.

I quit my habit of smoking weed for 2 month (i suddenly could not smoke weed at all, it would induce panic attacks, something it has never done), and when i felt a little better 2 month later, i had a relapse of course and began smoking every day. Now i recently i quit  again about 2 month ago and i do not intend to pick up that habit again. Btw, i too have vivid dreams after my "panic attack". I also have strange sleep patterns. Sometimes waking up totally confused etc. 

I have been thinking a lot about whether i have damaged my brain etc, i and too be honest i do not think so. There might be some transmitters that needs time to recover, but i personally  believe that my problems are NOT related to brain/nerve/transmitter damage  - merely psychological factors, unrecognized traumas, etc. Do you remember if you have ever experienced similar feelings? Personally i remember having similar feelings for a period of time when i was a kid (11 - 13) - this is only faint memories though as it is many years ago (I am 25 now). I personally think that the night on cocaine was simply triggering something underlying,what is your thoughts on this? 

My plan is to find the root of all this and i do not intend to go on medications either.Personally i am involving myself in therapy and i am afraid it will takes years of psycodynamic psychotherapy to find a "cause", although i do think the most urgent symptoms will disappear as time goes and your focus turns towards something else. 

I am also planning on taking some supplements for general health and recovering from many years of munchies. I haven't fully decided on which to take put i am trying to keep it simple.But this could maybe inspire you.  

1. "Two per day life"  multivitamin from the brand "Life extension". One of the few multivitamins i see recommended on this forum. I plan to eat only one a day as suggested on this forum by several members.

2. Additional 200 mg of Vitamin C.  

3. Magnesium Glycinate  - to rule out any magnesium deficiency and generally improve sleep. 200 mg before bed, 200 mg in the morning. 

4. Cod liver oil (Omega 3 supplement) Not more than 800 - 900 mg. 

5. Possibly additional zink, and  calcium ( I am lactate intolerant, so the calcium might be irrelevant to you), i  haven't fully decided on the dosage yet. 

6. I am considering adding 5 HTP (50 mg per day) and L-thyrosine (500 mg per day), both for helping general mood and anxiety. I will only do this for a short period of time though, maybe 4 weeks, and probably mostly for the placebo effect. 

I hope this is of any help to you and i will also follow this thread. 

Best,

Anders

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 Wilberforce

• 69 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:53 AM

You've done a lot of drugs in 3 years. Firstly, I'd recommend you seek counselling or psychotherapy, I imagine it will be helpful. Secondly, I'd recommend you get informed about nutrition. A good author to start with is Patrick Holford, you can get second hand copies on eBay etc. You would benefit from avoiding all drugs including alcohol, caffeine and nicotine for 3 months. Extend it if you're feeling good. In terms of supplements today, cannabis and mdma are known to shrink the brain's hippocampus, which could help account for some of your symptoms. Buy Lion's Mane capsules, 3 x 1g per day. Additionally a good 3-6-9 Omega supplement daily. The good news is should be entirely reversible - value your health and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:21 AM

I did stupid shit like that when I was 19 too. I’m 59 now and can tell you yes, you sure can get better. It will just take a lot more than 25 days. You’re on the right track. Eat the healthiest diet you can imagine, get plenty of exercise and rest, and it will gradually get better. I’d be less concerned about getting a lot of any one vitamin and instead take a complete broad-spectrum multi-vitamin-mineral, and if you still need more help, don’t be afraid to seek professional care. Sure, it’s best to do without pharmaceuticals if you can, but panic attacks themselves can be harder on you than meds. If you go that route, you may find you only need them for a few months anyway ... just look at them as a way to help bridge the gap while your lifestyle measures do the real healing.

Keep up the good work!
  • Agree x 1

#5 BigGreenMat

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:33 PM

You are 19?  Your drug use, if honest, is pretty low.  Habitual weed use will lead to greatly increased anxiety sometimes so I would suggest staying away from that for a while.  Given that you are 19 you are in the prime age for developing mental disorders, and this could be the beginning of that, but honestly I doubt you are manifesting anything that serious.  You are also at a time in your life where a lot changes and you have to make a lot of big decisions.  My advice is do a little meditation as well and focus on your breathing and feeling your body.  Make sure you are getting enough sleep.  Beyond that just try to be present and not freak out about feeling anxiety.  Nothing you have posted indicates anything particularly bad.  

• Agree x 1

#6 cg8732b

• 30 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

I was just reading something regarding taking CBD oil/pills before smoking to counteract the anxiety, etc from weed. I was going to give it a try but have not pulled the trigger on which brand, etc. Theres some more info on brands at reddit.com/r/CBD. Anyways, it is hard to determine if its just the brain changing over time or drug use. I've done all the same things that you have mentioned my entire childhood. I'm 35 now but when I was in my 20's I had a panic attack, thankfully the only one. I think it was stress related and not drugs. If you are worried I would suggest taking a longer break, at least 3 months from all drugs and focus on being healthy - workout, eat right, sleep more, etc and then re-examine where you are. Someone mentioned yoga which actually really helped me out when I had my first panic attack. Forces the mind the meditate for those that have issues meditating plus its great for your body. Just my 2 cents...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#7 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:50 AM

I was just reading something regarding taking CBD oil/pills before smoking to counteract the anxiety, etc from weed. I was going to give it a try but have not pulled the trigger on which brand, etc. Theres some more info on brands at reddit.com/r/CBD. Anyways, it is hard to determine if its just the brain changing over time or drug use. I've done all the same things that you have mentioned my entire childhood. I'm 35 now but when I was in my 20's I had a panic attack, thankfully the only one. I think it was stress related and not drugs. If you are worried I would suggest taking a longer break, at least 3 months from all drugs and focus on being healthy - workout, eat right, sleep more, etc and then re-examine where you are. Someone mentioned yoga which actually really helped me out when I had my first panic attack. Forces the mind the meditate for those that have issues meditating plus its great for your body. Just my 2 cents...

Ironic ... weed used to have more CBD in it, but growers have bred it down as a high THC/CBD ratio was perceived to be a mark of quality. Maybe with increased awareness more balanced varieties wil regain popularity.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lsd, mdma, cannabis, spice, clopixol, crack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users