• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Researchers identify biomarkers associated with chronic fatigue syndrome severity

chronic fatigue inflamation me/cfs standford

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hdl_1

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

For those that are interested. New study from Standford university for chronic fatigue:

Researchers identify biomarkers associated with chronic fatigue syndrome severity

https://med.stanford...e-syndrome.html

Edited by hdl_1, 01 August 2017 - 01:59 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:51 PM

This is outstanding!

I take it this is a further refinement of the previous study, which proved that there are metabolomic biomarkers which more or less prove that there is a biological difference between those struck with CFS and controls, yes?

This then, is the first step towards identifying specific TYPES of CFS! : D

My word... EAT SH*T PSYCHOLOGISTS!

If anyone is wondering why I'm spouting such things, then it's because the social science -contingent whom believes that mindfulness and exercise can treat serious systemic disease where immensely critical of the biological realities of CFS, until the last study which found proof of the underlying biology, and how no amount of wishful thinking, whishy-washy talk or jogging will ever help. Naturally, the social science -cult went furious - this is further SALT in those wounds! ; )

Ahh... bitter-sweet!

This bodes well for myself, since I've recently started wondering if maybe I don't even have SCT and Burnout - maybe I just have ADHD and CFS...? The fatigue really is so advanced that it shows similarities to what CFS-patients have reported.

• like x 1

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

If anyone is wondering why I'm spouting such things, then it's because the social science -contingent whom believes that mindfulness and exercise can treat serious systemic disease where immensely critical of the biological realities of CFS, until the last study which found proof of the underlying biology, and how no amount of wishful thinking, whishy-washy talk or jogging will ever help. Naturally, the social science -cult went furious - this is further SALT in those wounds! ; )

Ahh... bitter-sweet!

Yeah, I just have to chime in on that... Social science can and has been helpful, but when "it" tries to explain things that quite obviously are of biological nature, that's just wrong. Then it serves more like a hindrance than anything else. As the biological sciences are growing and clearing up more things and uncovering the inner workings of our bodies and literally our minds, the social science needs to learn it's place and not dabble into things that it shouldn't even try to decipher. Psychologists and other mind-over-matter-ers, give way for real medicinal staff because the times are indeed a-changing!

• Agree x 1

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:23 AM

This is outstanding!

I take it this is a further refinement of the previous study, which proved that there are metabolomic biomarkers which more or less prove that there is a biological difference between those struck with CFS and controls, yes?

This then, is the first step towards identifying specific TYPES of CFS! : D

Ahh... bitter-sweet!

This bodes well for myself, since I've recently started wondering if maybe I don't even have SCT and Burnout - maybe I just have ADHD and CFS...? The fatigue really is so advanced that it shows similarities to what CFS-patients have reported.

is your fatigue associated with excercise? I understand that's the hallmark of CFS.

and yes, any heavy duty inflammation will give fatigue and even depression with suicides.

the month I had fungal sinusitis was a nightmare, I was too tired to live.

Edited by jack black, 02 August 2017 - 02:27 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chronic fatigue, inflamation, me/cfs, standford

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users