Rapamycin Availability

mtor autophagy rapmycin

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

I've not yet seen a thread about a group buy, in fact I'm seeing threads about FOXO4 DRI group buys prior to even seeing threads about Rapamycin which I think has been available for almost 2 decades now. What is the story with this?

From what I understand so far is that it is a broad mTOR inhibitor that appears to affect both mTORC1 and C2. C2 inhibition resulting in less desirable outcomes like insulin resistance.

What if it were taken just a few days at a time though?

What about other more specific mTOR inhibitors that target C1 specifically?

Edited by Nate-2004, 14 August 2017 - 10:32 PM.

#2 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:06 PM

Just to be clear mTOR stands for 'mammalian target of Rapamycin' so yeah, pretty much going to be a broad inhibitor. It is available online at various pharmacies or you can get it at tlr. Probably not worth the hassle of doing a group buy since it is fairly cheap on a per dose basis. Group buys tend to be for things that are horrendously expensive or simple just not available any other way.

Current thing seems to be low dose to avoid side effects, typically around 6mg per week.
  • Informative x 2
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:45 AM

Actually Wikipedia says it stands for mechanistic target of rapamycin. I assume that this is because it's not just mammals.

Thanks for the info though!

#4 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:24 AM

In my highly scientific test using Google, I get 507000 hits for 'mtor mammalian' and only 225000 for 'mtor mechanistic' :). I'm guessing both are valid.

#5 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:26 AM

I think it might be dependent on case, mTOR for mammalian and MTOR for mechanistic. Maybe Michael can butt in here and clarify.

#6 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:27 AM

I looked up pricing, it does seem pretty steep if you want like 300mg, that'd be almost a year's supply at 6mg per week and it's about $300 for just 100mg. 

Edited by Nate-2004, 15 August 2017 - 02:29 AM.

#7 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:35 PM

Nate,

Some ppl combine rapa with metformin to counter the insulin resistance.

#8 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

I would love to hear people's experiences with that.

#9 to age or not to age

• 151 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

My wife and I have been taking rapamycin for 7 months (3mg and 4mg respectively once per week), and for the past month I have added daily metformin (500mg).  We had already been taking BASIS, resveratrol and curcumin for several years.  Clearly, we are both feeling very well. hard to put a finger on what that means, you just feel better, and we weren't feeling bad.  I'm convinced this is the real thing and intend to tell my brother in law,

an MD, to consider prescribing it for his patients.  My wife's good cholesterol is 150. I interviewed Nir Barzilai who did the Centenarian study, and

one striking blood marker was their good cholesterol number, 150. 

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#10 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

I guess it's hard to tell what anything does for aging unless you can measure specific aging markers or wait 10 years to see if you've aged at all.

#11 Iuvenale

• 46 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:51 AM

Can anyone recommend online sources for rapamycin?

#12 poonja

• 111 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:37 PM

Try dropshipmeds.

#13 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:17 AM

Try dropshipmeds.

You mean dropshipmd.com?

OP: you could also try AllDayChemist.com

#14 poonja

• 111 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:06 PM

dropshipmd.com

#15 Peter14

• 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

My wife and I have been taking rapamycin for 7 months (3mg and 4mg respectively once per week), and for the past month I have added daily metformin (500mg).  We had already been taking BASIS, resveratrol and curcumin for several years.  Clearly, we are both feeling very well. hard to put a finger on what that means, you just feel better, and we weren't feeling bad.  I'm convinced this is the real thing and intend to tell my brother in law,

an MD, to consider prescribing it for his patients.  My wife's good cholesterol is 150. I interviewed Nir Barzilai who did the Centenarian study, and

one striking blood marker was their good cholesterol number, 150. 

Just curious.  Usually when a person refers to "good cholesterol" they are referring to HDL as opposed to LDL.  A Total cholesterol of 150 would be excellent, but I never heard anyone refer to Total Cholesterol as good Cholesterol.  An HDL of 150 is not something I ever heard of someone having, although I admit it is possible.  

• Agree x 1

#16 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:32 PM

Here's a rapamycin study in humans: https://www.ncbi.nlm...ubmed/29408453/

The study tested 1mg/d for 8 weeks in healthy older adults (70-93  years; mean age 80.5). Side effects seemed mild in the short term; it'll be cool to learn more about rapamycin ("Thus, based on the results of our pilot study, it appears that short-term RAPA treatment can be used safely in older persons who are otherwise healthy; a larger trial with a larger samples size and longer treatment duration is warranted.")
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#17 poonja

• 111 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:33 PM

Anti-aging protocol calls for intermittent dosing such as several milligrams/week or longer.  Every day dosing seems to be outside of the normal anti-aging protocol.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#18 Michael

• Advisor, Moderator
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:50 PM

Anti-aging protocol calls for intermittent dosing such as several milligrams/week or longer.  Every day dosing seems to be outside of the normal anti-aging protocol.

Daily dosing isn't what's being done by most Longecity experimenters, following Alan Green's protocol (with some evidence to support it), but it actually is the normal anti-aging protocol: the vast majority of animal studies have administered the stuff daily. The once-weekly and similar protocols are based on a handful of underpowered pilot studies.

• Informative x 2
  • Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mtor, autophagy, rapmycin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users