Prazosin for Sleep Maintenance

prazosin insomnia sleep

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 goosestl

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:52 PM

I was wondering if anyone if having success maintaining their sleep using Prazosin, which according to some studies apparently has had good results in sieep maintenance especially for PTSD patients.  I've tried the gamut from SSRIs to the z-drugs and pretty much all the natural stuff. Currently taking a benzo and just added Belsomra to see if it will help (was on Vistaril before but discontinued as combo with Belsomra led to intense brain fog during day).  Supplement-wise I take mag glycinate three times a day and 6 grams of glycine before bed. No trouble at all falling asleep but do find myself waking, alert, anywhere from 2-4 frequently, and sometimes with anxiety, which has been my problem for some time. Tried the cortisol lowering supps, eating a complex carb before bed, etc.  None of this has had a positive effect on the symptoms.

So, for Prazosin users, is it working for you? By itself, or as an adjunct to other meds? I've read some very positive reviews of it outside of the PTSD realm.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: prazosin, insomnia, sleep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users