Photo

NAD+ depletion is a fundamental feature of aging

nad+ aging niagen

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:47 PM

Isn't Steve Austad's book 20 years old? Not that it doesn't have accurate information of that time period but I figure we know a *whole* lot more now, even than we did when De Gray's book came out in 2008.

Now that's a great question. Targeted senescent cell clearance someday, suppose that's our leading candidate?

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#32 MikeDC

• Topic Starter
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:23 AM

Here is my view.

NAD+ replenishment will likely slow down many aspects of human aging or even reverse it modestly. For certain disease conditions it may even work wonders. This is what all the research is telling us so far. As we grow old NAD+ goes down and causes all sorts of problems. However, when damage is already done, additional NAD+ won't allow the body to fix all of the damage that has accumulated. Our genetic programming as adults doesn't allow for full regeneration of tissues. Even if you boost NAD+ to the max, without the genes of embryogensis active, only a portion of the damage will be reversed. For example, a very high level of NAD+ won't trigger the body to regrow lost limbs or replace damaged skin. For that, we'll need to activate a range of genes that are not turned on by NAD+ replenishment. Also, I'm not sure if the body has any means to remove certain waste molecules such as glucosepane. To reverse aging all together, we'll need a range of therapies. But I think of what's available right now NR is probably the top supplement someone can take for overall aging.

Fair. Even thought NR can fix many problems, the value is in prevention. NR is the best and only solution for anti aging and even age reversal to a certain degree. Any wise person should take NR after 30. I will get my kids on NR at 25.
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Disagree x 1

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nad+, aging, niagen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users