• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Arbella Perkins Ewing (111)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:26 PM

There's a story in the Dallas Morning News today about Arbella Perkins Ewing. Today Mrs. Ewing turns 111 years old. Asked what her secret is she replied, "I really don't know. I don't know what the lord is leading me for". Sitting next to her at her birthday party was her little sister, 100 year old Annie Lee Perkins. Mrs. Ewing still lives in her own home. Those close to Mrs. Ewing attribute her long life to positive thinking. She doesn't let negativity rule her life, said Hayward McMurray, a former case manager for the Texas Department of Human Services and now family friend. She doesn't have any negative thoughts. When she hears of bad things happening in the world she says "It's just one of those things".

Relatives say Mrs. Ewing's daily routine has helped her live long and healthy. She takes no perscription drugs, but takes vitamins every day.

The Gerontology research Group keeps a database of super centenarians, those who live to be 110 years old or older. The group estimates there are 300 to 450 worldwide and 60 to 75 in the U.S.

In December the Guinness Book of Records Recognized Maria Esther Capovilla of Ecuador as the oldest living person at 116 years.
(edited by Matthias: age added to the title)

Edited by Matthias, 20 May 2008 - 01:33 PM.

#2 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:55 PM

Hopefully someday (sooner rather than later) this type of story will no longer be newsworthy because it will be happening all the time.

:)

#3 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:02 PM

Relatives say Mrs. Ewing's daily routine has helped her live long and healthy. She takes no perscription drugs, but takes vitamins every day.

You heard that Opales? Vitamins for the win! [lol]

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 biknut

• Topic Starter
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:27 PM

I wonder what vitamins she takes? Whatever they are, I want some.

#5 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:33 PM

I suspect they played a very minor role in her longevity, but its still a good opportunity to taunt Opales. [tung]

#6 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:48 PM

Here is the story, no mention of the kinds of vitamins though.

From the article:

Mrs. Ewing was born March 13, 1895, in Freestone County, the fourth of 12 children. She grew up in Streetman, Texas, and married Frank Ewing in 1915.

Wow, 1895.

:)

#7 dale

• 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:08 PM

maybe its a genetic thing. i mean her sister is 100 also. they both are living a long time longer than natural life expectancy.

#8 Bart Versieck

• 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:02 PM

That's correct, and, moreover, she is one year older than thought, plus she celebrated her 114th (!!!) birthday today too.

Edited by Bart Versieck, 13 March 2008 - 06:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users