LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Cerebrolysin is NOT a Nootropic for otherwise healthy Biohackers? [SURVEY]

cerebrolysin cerebrolsyn nootropic

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Cerebrolysin Experience (20 member(s) have cast votes)

From Cerebrolysin did you experience...?

1. Very positive Nootropic effects (7 votes [35.00%])

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

2. Somewhat positive Nootropic effects (8 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. No noticeable effects (4 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Some undesirable effects (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Severe undesirable effects (1 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

I've been researching Cerebrolsin and have come across a lot of Biohackers saying that it's really an effective smart drug but I've also come across some people that don't recommend that otherwise healthy young people use it as a performance enhancing Nootropic.

So I wanted to get some statistical data from those of you who have used it as a smart drug, as opposed to those who might have used it specifically to treat Alzheimer's or other cognitive decline.

Please respond to the poll.

Thanks!

• like x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:54 PM

How many polls and threads do we need about this?  It's enough already.

• Needs references x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jroseland

• Topic Starter
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:21 PM

Are there many other polls about Cerebrolysin?

How many polls and threads do we need about this?  It's enough already.

• Ill informed x 3

#4 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:15 AM

Are there many other polls about Cerebrolysin?

How many polls and threads do we need about this? It's enough already.

I don’t recall seeing any recently at least. There was a thread, though not a poll, here: http://www.longecity...er-experienced/

I don’t think an update is out of place, and regardless am interested in your perspectives anyway.

#5 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:39 AM

I won't answer in the poll because really my reason was severe cognitive problems relating to protracted benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome, although I would consider myself quite normal as of the last few years I can't exclude it mostly being down to becoming better from that particular condition, and I can't recall my baseline before this particular concern came to be. But yes sure I think it has plenty of potential as a "smart drug", and it appears somewhat unique to me in that it has some obvious long-term effects albeit those might not be the most obvious or flashy. 

I saw prophets posts about his concerns, and while I can't speak of that in particular (except I do imagine the "flu like symptoms" listed in the leaflet and experienced temporarily by myself and some other person certainly does seem like an immune reaction) I can say that after having used maybe 1000 ml since 2013/2014 there are some long-terms effects and while most of it has been positive one somewhat negative effect is that I appear more sensitive to things like nicotine, racetams, caffeine, methylphenidate. Although that is in part positive as well, but it makes it hard when I cycled this stuff to figure out a good dosage for those other substances in between (on the rare occasion I did), sensitivity kept changing. It increased the effects of these substances the most right after having done a cycle or on the rare occasion I combined it, and the longer time passes the less increased effect of these substances.  

#6 mono

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:27 AM

Keizo, and anyone else using cerebrolysin; how do you justify your own usage of cerebrolysin when there are notable severe adverse reactions, such as the infamous user Krabby?

#7 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:38 AM

Keizo, and anyone else using cerebrolysin; how do you justify your own usage of cerebrolysin when there are notable severe adverse reactions, such as the infamous user Krabby?

I just presume either or all: 1. it is because he put the Cerebrolysin (peptides and NaOH solution) up his nose and thus triggered the immune system in a horrible way due to chemical damage to the nose, somehow started the growth of viruses and/or bacteria by all the juice sitting in his snot for very long 2. had nothing to do with Cerebrolysin 3. rare immune reaction to the Cerebrolysin itself irrespective of the route of administration. 4. the only severe reactions I have seen reported in the science (best I recall) is influenza-like symptoms. those I have experienced myself for 1-2 days (shat my pants on day 3 or so of first Cere cycle), then it never happened again. that doesn't correspond very well with what Krabby or plasticperson reported with intranasal use. plasticperson also reported flu-like symptoms when used IM (I have not seen very many on the forum experience it), but judging from what he wrote in his case as well that was transient.

The side-effects that seem plausible with IM use of Cerebrolysin (excluding the very unlikely case of sepsis) don't seem very severe to me. In my opinion Cerebrolysin is on the same level of effectiveness as Methylphenidate or Amphetamine (but very different), so the side-effects would have to be very high to out-compete the benefits some could gain. In the future I might however move over to more pure products, beta-NGF maybe, I don't know (that seems really annoying to store and transport tho, and I'm not sure it is safer). But that's mostly because I don't feel I need the Cerebrolysin too much anymore, the only significant problems with my state of mind these days that it treats is mild-moderate depression (which I've had problems with on-and-off for as long as I remember) that probably can be treated in other ways. 

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 jroseland

• Topic Starter
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 08:26 AM

From my meta-analysis of Cerebrolysin - Risks and benefits...

Cerebrolysin's primary clinical purpose is the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases but as any informed Biohacker knows, few drugs are designed for the specific purpose of upgrading performance in otherwise healthy people. In this regard, Cerebrolysin has a similar research profile to other popular smart drugs I'm well acquainted with...
The most significant benefit that otherwise healthy people can expect from Cerebrolysin thanks to its Neurotropic mechanism is improved long-term memory.

1*UxBkxR8cSIhdszVuSXJ-gg.jpeg

Watch: Cerebrolysin: "The Caviar" of Nootropics for boundless BDNF and never-ending nerve growth

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cerebrolysin, cerebrolsyn, nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users