- - - - -

Spermidine (longevity) source from Japan: yogurt starter culture

spermidine source lkm512 longevity polyamine

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:50 AM

Spermidine source:  The yogurt LKM512 has enough spermidine in it to cause mice that eat it to live much longer.

I recently received some LKM512 yogurt starter culture from Japan and made yogurt/curds with it.  It has a mild taste, and I cannot gauge the amount of spermidine it contains from smell.

The path to get the LKM512 spermidine containing yogurt is

1) search "LKM512" at amazon japan (amazon.jp)

2) find the light blue box with the number 30 on it.

3) then have a person from http://www.fiverr.com send it to you from Japan.  Amazon will not ship it to US.

I had fast professional affordable results with Analema from fiverr. https://www.fiverr.c...34-b16ed5aa02c5

So there is your 1 or 2 email spermidine source.  You can start more yogurt from previously made yogurt so you will not need all 30 units, but it is about $37 for 30 units.

• Informative x 1

#2 Heisok

• 610 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:47 PM

Thank you, treonsverdery.

I am glad that you gave it a try. That helps a lot. When I decide to start producing B. Infantis Yogurt again, I will also give it a try. I will report back with my Yogurt results if I start the Yogurt process again. It will likely just be how well I made the Yogurt, because effects are not expected to be obvious enough to draw any conclusion.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:24 AM

While Japan has probiotic strains you can't get elsewhere LKM512 isn't one of them. As I mentioned before LKM512 is rebranded BB-12 from Chr. Hansen, the best documented Bifidobacterium in the world. reference 1 reference 2

Found a US source with BB-12. 

• Good Point x 2

#4 Heisok

• 610 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:16 PM

Thanks sdxl, I do recall your comment now. The product which you found contains a single strain of 5 Billion CFU's of BB-12. That is excellent.

#5 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

so bifidobacterium contains a lot of spermidine? but that bacteria is widely available in yogurt anyway, i dont get it

• unsure x 1

#6 nhenderson

• 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:02 PM

While Japan has probiotic strains you can't get elsewhere LKM512 isn't one of them. As I mentioned before LKM512 is rebranded BB-12 from Chr. Hansen, the best documented Bifidobacterium in the world. reference 1 reference 2

Found a US source with BB-12. 

I noticed that you mentioned that LKM512 is same as BB-12.  I can't seem to find any other citations on this.  Do you have any references that these are the same strains?

Thanks!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:24 AM

I noticed that you mentioned that LKM512 is same as BB-12.  I can't seem to find any other citations on this.  Do you have any references that these are the same strains?

Thanks!

Chr. Hansen, the manufacturer of BB-12 seems to be aware of this rebranding

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spermidine, source, lkm512, longevity, polyamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users