phenibut caffeine fasoracetam

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CognitiveEnhancement

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

Hello,

some people state that caffeine improves phenibut absorption for them.

Questions: - Does caffeine actually increase phenibut absorption or is this placebo? - What would be the mechanism behind this? - Is there any alternative to caffeine for improving phenibut absorption since I'm usually taking phenibut at night

Also, some people state that phenibut is absorbed better without food, others state it's better absorbed with food, and again others state that it makes no difference to them.

Questions: - Does food actually make a difference? If yes, is it's better to take phenibut without food, with a light meal, or a big meal? - What would be the mechanism behind this? - If an empty stomach is preferrable, how long should one stop eating before and after taking phenibut? I guess size of last meal also makes a difference here, since a smaller meal is digested faster than a big meal. Could we establish a rough formula for calculating the waiting time after food before taking phenibut based on calories eaten?

Some state that phenibut works better when taking their whole dose at once, others state that it works better when splitting the dose throughout the day.

Questions:

• Which one actually works better, if there is any difference at all
  • What is the mechanism behind this?
  • What is the actual duration of phenibuts effects? Some state it lasts 10 hours for them, others state it lasts well into the next day
  • Is there any way to prolong phenibuts effects?

There is the theory out there that fasoracetam upregulates GABAB receptors, therefore making phenibut stronger

Questions:

• Does fasoracetam actually upregulate GABAB receptors or does it reduce phenibut tolerance by some other mechanism?
  • Does fasoracetam actually reduce phenibut tolerance or does it simply potentiate phenibut by some mechanism?
  • If fasoracetam actually reduces phenibut tolerance by whatever mechanism, would it work to take fasoracetam together with your daily phenibut dose when you're dependent on phenibut? Or would the upregulation be destroyed by the phenibut still hammering on the receptors?
  • Would it work to slightly reduce your phenibut dosage for a week while taking fasoracetam, then getting back on your original dosage?
  • Does fasoracetam actually destroy withdrawal symptoms when taking it on phenibut withdrawal like suggested by some? By what mechanism would that work? From all we know receptor upregulation takes some time so fasoracetam wouldn't instantly destroy withdrawal symptoms when taking it in withdrawals like suggested by some.

From all we know from studies on other substances acting on GABA receptors, there is a kindling effect where each withdrawal gets worse and after each withdrawal the original dose is getting less effective. Going from that, making a phenibut break then getting back on it should actually make it less effective. On the other hand, there's people claiming they get back phenibuts original magic after taking a break.

Questions: - Does kindling occur with phenibut, like with benzos and alcohol, where each withdrawal is worse than the previous one and when going back on the original dose it is working worse than before? - If kindling does occur, why do some people suggest that they get back the original magic of phenibut after taking a break? Is this just them mistaking an attenuation of withdrawal symptoms for phenibuts original magic? Or does phenibut tolerance, unlike benzo/alcohol tolerance, actually reduce after a break?

Not looking for anecdotal experiences here, since there's already plenty of anecdotal experience out there and it contradicts each other. I think getting some actual scientific theory here would benefit many since most in the phenibut game are pretty much playing a guessing game with absorption right now and relying on experimenting. Would appreciate input from anyone with pharmacological knowledge to take the time to answer all questions you have some knowledge on. If you don't have knowledge on all of the questions, I still appreciate any answer, even if it just answers a single one of my questions. I think you can greatly help not only me but also anyone else in the phenibut game with keeping our dosage effective by means of caffeine, fasting, dosage spacing, etc., therefore avoiding horrible, hellish, or even dangerous withdrawal symptoms like seizures, psychosis, etc. But, even more importantly, your information could help some of us actually getting out of phenibut dependence, since it would be a great confidence boost for starting a taper/withdrawal to have a drug like fasoracetam to rely on both for combating acute withdrawal symptoms and also for helping heal the brain from phenibut dependence and get back to baseline.

#2 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:05 AM

Sounds like lore to me. Caffeine may alter phenibut’s effects, but it’s unlikely it would affect absorption.
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 CognitiveEnhancement

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:36 PM

Any more infos? Looking specifically on information on the following questions:

- Whole phenibut dose at once vs dose splitting

- Would it work to slightly reduce your phenibut dosage for a week while taking fasoracetam, then getting back on your original dosage with reduced tolerance?

- Does fasoracetam actually attenuate phenibut withdrawal symptoms like stated in some anecdotal reports?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phenibut, caffeine, fasoracetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users