Supplements to help with decline of smell due to aging

loss of smell sense of smell supplements help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:41 PM

My father is turning 69 and is experiencing a loss of the sense of smell. He is currently taking supplements like Vitamin C, Zinc and one or two others so he's not a big sup person. I've heard Lion Maine can help and wondered if anyone has 1st hand experience of this or any other recommendations.

Many thanks!

Alex

#2 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:29 AM

I know one guy reported improved smell after he put beta-NGF solution into his nostrils ( http://www.longecity...2272-ngf-spray/ ), and I have noticed improved smell at times when using Cerebrolysin ( I'm not sure if it is permanent or not , mostly notice it while I used it , but I'm young ). 

I'd try Lions Mane since I did hear it stimulated NGF levels, so maybe that could help bring some youthful function back, who knows.

Perhaps Noopept which is another compound I recall hearing about stimulating NGF or BDNF. Noopept should be very safe just keep in mind it might affect blood clotting (as does a lot of things).

I'm no expert but smell does have to do with the neurons in your nose, as well as those in your brain.... and it isn't impossible to grow  a few neurons (or dendrites) although who knows how useful it would be in all cases.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: loss of smell, sense of smell, supplements, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users