aβ plaques plaques oleuropein hepps tau

• Please log in to reply
674 replies to this topic

#61 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:53 AM

Yes. You can dissolve the taurine and HEPPS in water or fruit juice, and since taurine has a short half life, you'll want to take the oleuropein and C and the same time. Ester C might be best due to its long half life.

What is the suggested duration of this protocol for prevention purposes (i.e. if there is no apparent manifestation of symptoms)?

Thanks!

I can only speculate, but If I had reason to suspect a potential problem due age and genetics, I would use this in an intermittent fashion, perhaps a couple of months a year with more than that the first year, and I would add a half gram of nicotinamide every day as well. After all, the build-up of plaques is typically slow at first, while the rodent studies show a rather more rapid clearance. Once the disease reaches a certain point, however, the buildup of plaques can accelerate in a prion like fashion, and thus if one has reached the point of symptoms, it would make sense to continue this indefinitely. 

• Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1

#62 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:53 PM

This is what I was getting at with my earlier line of questioning. Even if A-beta is broken down/dissolved into "smaller pieces", is it cleared from the brain?

http://www.longecity...he-aging-brain/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:20 PM

This is what I was getting at with my earlier line of questioning. Even if A-beta is broken down/dissolved into "smaller pieces", is it cleared from the brain?

http://www.longecity...he-aging-brain/

That is addressed in the OP. This is a process of "dissolve & detoxify," and the purpose of oleuropein is to complex with Aβ and prevent it from redepositing. The brain has mechanisms for getting rid of such molecules, as long as they are not sticky. See A Paravascular Pathway Facilitates CSF Flow Through the Brain Parenchyma and the Clearance of Interstitial Solutes, Including Amyloid β.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 07 February 2018 - 11:49 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#64 recon

• 192 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:59 AM

One can try using Pureway-C formulation of Vitamin C. Given that Pureway-C is a lipid metabolite of Vitamin C, I wonder if it will be better to enter through the blood-brain barrier, or is that purely ( ;) ) for dehydroascorbic acid only.

“PureWay-C supplementation leads to the highest absolute serum vitamin C levels when compared to AA, CaA and Ester-C. PureWay-C provides a statistically significant greater serum level than calcium ascorbate at 1, 2, 4, and 6 hours post oral supplementation whereas Ester-C shows a less but slightly statistically significant increase at only 1 and 4 hours. Oral supplementation with PureWay-C also led to a greater reduction in plasma C-reactive protein and oxidized LDL levels compared to the other vitamin C formulations.”

“PureWay-C is more rapidly absorbed and leads to higher serum vitamin C levels and greater reduction of plasma levels of inflammatory and oxidative stress markers than other forms of vitamin C, including Ester-C.”

Vitamin C-lipid metabolites: uptake and retention and effect on plasma C-reactive protein and oxidized LDL levels in healthy volunteers.
Pancorbo D, et al. Med Sci Monit. 2008 Nov;14(11):CR547-51.
https://www.ncbi.nlm...ubmed/18971870/

Dehydroascorbic acid, a blood–brain barrier transportable form of vitamin C, mediates potent cerebroprotection in experimental stroke.
Judy Huang, David B. Agus, [...], and E. Sander Connolly, Jr. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001 Sep 25; 98(20): 11720–11724.
doi: 10.1073/pnas.171325998
https://www.ncbi.nlm...96/#!po=74.3243
  • like x 1

#65 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:33 AM

One can try using Pureway-C formulation of Vitamin C. Given that Pureway-C is a lipid metabolite of Vitamin C, I wonder if it will be better to enter through the blood-brain barrier, or is that purely ( ;) ) for dehydroascorbic acid only.

“PureWay-C supplementation leads to the highest absolute serum vitamin C levels when compared to AA, CaA and Ester-C. PureWay-C provides a statistically significant greater serum level than calcium ascorbate at 1, 2, 4, and 6 hours post oral supplementation whereas Ester-C shows a less but slightly statistically significant increase at only 1 and 4 hours. Oral supplementation with PureWay-C also led to a greater reduction in plasma C-reactive protein and oxidized LDL levels compared to the other vitamin C formulations.”

“PureWay-C is more rapidly absorbed and leads to higher serum vitamin C levels and greater reduction of plasma levels of inflammatory and oxidative stress markers than other forms of vitamin C, including Ester-C.”

Vitamin C-lipid metabolites: uptake and retention and effect on plasma C-reactive protein and oxidized LDL levels in healthy volunteers.
Pancorbo D, et al. Med Sci Monit. 2008 Nov;14(11):CR547-51.
https://www.ncbi.nlm...ubmed/18971870/

Dehydroascorbic acid, a blood–brain barrier transportable form of vitamin C, mediates potent cerebroprotection in experimental stroke.
Judy Huang, David B. Agus, [...], and E. Sander Connolly, Jr. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001 Sep 25; 98(20): 11720–11724.
doi: 10.1073/pnas.171325998
https://www.ncbi.nlm...96/#!po=74.3243

Thanks for posting the link to Pureway-C. I had assumed that ester C would last longer in the body, but apparently that is wrong. From Fig. 1 of the full paper from your first link, generic ascorbic acid seems to be as good or better than the other forms of C for long-term retention of serum levels. And as it readily penetrates the BBB and accumulates there at high levels, no reason not to use it over the others, while Pureway-C is significantly higher at only one data point in 24 hours.

The CSF [Cerebrospinal Fluid] concentration of AA is about 3–4 times higher (~120 μM) than plasma (~40 μM) [18,19] and about 200 times higher in the neurons compared with plasma (~10,000 μM) [20].

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3594659/

Edited by Turnbuckle, 09 February 2018 - 10:44 AM.

• Informative x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1

#66 BieraK

• 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:38 AM

Potential of Low Dose Leuco-Methylthioninium Bis(Hydromethanesulphonate) (LMTM) Monotherapy for Treatment of Mild Alzheimer's Disease: Cohort Analysis as Modified Primary Outcome in a Phase III Clinical Trial.
Abstract
BACKGROUND:

LMTM is being developed as a treatment for AD based on inhibition of tau aggregation.

OBJECTIVES:

To examine the efficacy of LMTM as monotherapy in non-randomized cohort analyses as modified primary outcomes in an 18-month Phase III trial in mild AD.

METHODS:

Mild AD patients (n = 800) were randomly assigned to 100 mg twice a day or 4 mg twice a day. Prior to unblinding, the Statistical Analysis Plan was revised to compare the 100 mg twice a day as monotherapy subgroup (n = 79) versus 4 mg twice a day as randomized (n = 396), and 4 mg twice a day as monotherapy (n = 76) versus 4 mg twice a day as add-on therapy (n = 297), with strong control of family-wise type I error.

RESULTS:

The revised analyses were statistically significant at the required threshold of p < 0.025 in both comparisons for change in ADAS-cog, ADCS-ADL, MRI atrophy, and glucose uptake. The brain atrophy rate was initially typical of mild AD in both add-on and monotherapy groups, but after 9 months of treatment, the rate in monotherapy patients declined significantly to that reported for normal elderly controls. Differences in severity or diagnosis at baseline between monotherapy and add-on patients did not account for significant differences in favor of monotherapy.

CONCLUSIONS:

The results are consistent with earlier studies in supporting the hypothesis that LMTM might be effective as monotherapy and that 4 mg twice a day may serve as well as higher doses. A further suitably randomized trial is required to test this hypothesis.

• Informative x 2

#67 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:42 AM

Potential of Low Dose Leuco-Methylthioninium Bis(Hydromethanesulphonate) (LMTM) Monotherapy for Treatment of Mild Alzheimer's Disease: Cohort Analysis as Modified Primary Outcome in a Phase III Clinical Trial.

This is another reduced version of methylene blue (MB), which has failed before as a monotherapy as tau is not the only problem. The subjects continued to decline though at a lower rate. Most interesting was that low doses (4 mg equivalent of MB) slowed the decline as much as the high doses, which might be advisable for MB as well, perhaps using it along with or on alternating days with the Amyloid-β protocol. The study employed the 4 mg dose twice a day, but that seems unnecessary as the residual decline they were seeing was likely from Aβ rather than tau, which would also explain why 100 mg wasn't better than 4 mg. 

Four drops of Kordon brand solution will give you 4.5 mg of MB (see post #15 on this thread). You can reduce it with ascorbic acid, but is that necessary? Probably not as the first study found that unreduced MB dissolves tau quite nicely. Still, reducing it is easy and will prevent it from staining your tongue. Drop a small amount of ascorbic acid powder in the bottom of a dry glass and add the 4 drops of MB solution on top. In 2-5 minutes it will become clear and you can add water and drink it down. Be careful not to get it on anything, however, as once it oxidizes it will become a blue dye again and the stains are difficult to remove.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 13 February 2018 - 10:07 AM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#68 BieraK

• 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:40 PM

There also good quality cheap USP methylene blue at Ceretropic, easier to deliver also: https://www.ceretrop...ene-blue-powder

What do you think about a Fasting mimicking diet as the diet developed from Valter Longo and his team? It is easy to follow and perhaps could works well as a preventive.

This paper is interesting also, it talks about Nrf2 and HIF-1a in relation to Alzheimer: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4327405/

How goes this protocol, are you feeling some improvements?

#69 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

There also good quality cheap USP methylene blue at Ceretropic, easier to deliver also: https://www.ceretrop...ene-blue-powder

What do you think about a Fasting mimicking diet as the diet developed from Valter Longo and his team? It is easy to follow and perhaps could works well as a preventive.

This paper is interesting also, it talks about Nrf2 and HIF-1a in relation to Alzheimer: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4327405/

How goes this protocol, are you feeling some improvements?

If you are going to fool around with dry MB, you should cut it outside and pack it into capsules to get the 4 mg. If any of that stuff lofts into the air inside, you will regret it. As for improvements seen with the protocol, see my OP. While I had several symptoms over the preceding year, typing errors were the most noticeable as I do so much of it every day. It was as if I had developed a disconnect between my fingers and my thoughts. Wrong words were appearing, words were going missing, and worse, I could look at the screen and not see the typos. Those problems have disappeared and I'm back to where I was two decades ago. I will continue with the A-β protocol + 4 mg MB for at least another couple of months to be sure I've eliminated as much as possible. Plaques typically build up for years asymptotically, and likely it's the same in getting rid of them.

As for the rest of your post, I prefer taking supplements over changing my diet, and while I agree with the Zheng paper that a single-target monotherapy doesn't work, I prefer to use what has been demonstrated and is both cheap and easily available.

• Informative x 5
  • Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#70 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:47 PM

This is another reduced version of methylene blue (MB), which has failed before as a monotherapy as tau is not the only problem. The subjects continued to decline though at a lower rate. Most interesting was that low doses (4 mg equivalent of MB) slowed the decline as much as the high doses, which might be advisable for MB as well, perhaps using it along with or on alternating days with the Amyloid-β protocol. The study employed the 4 mg dose twice a day, but that seems unnecessary as the residual decline they were seeing was likely from Aβ rather than tau, which would also explain why 100 mg wasn't better than 4 mg. 

Four drops of Kordon brand solution will give you 4.5 mg of MB (see post #15 on this thread). You can reduce it with ascorbic acid, but is that necessary? Probably not as the first study found that unreduced MB dissolves tau quite nicely. Still, reducing it is easy and will prevent it from staining your tongue. Drop a small amount of ascorbic acid powder in the bottom of a dry glass and add the 4 drops of MB solution on top. In 2-5 minutes it will become clear and you can add water and drink it down. Be careful not to get it on anything, however, as once it oxidizes it will become a blue dye again and the stains are difficult to remove.

In high doses, MB becomes a prooxidant and actually contributes to oxidative stress.  Lower doses appear to be appropriate.

Kordon has impurities (metals, etc.) and various scientists have warned against using it.

I suggest this interview w/ Dr. Gonzalez-Lima.  He has been studying methylene blue for a decade.

#71 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:07 PM

If you are going to fool around with dry MB, you should cut it outside and pack it into capsules to get the 4 mg. If any of that stuff lofts into the air inside, you will regret it. 

How are you encapsulating such tiny amounts?  You are making 4 mg pills?  Is that correct?

#72 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:32 PM

Kordon has impurities (metals, etc.) and various scientists have warned against using it.

Here is one source with the impurities listed -- https://www.bluebrai...c/nootropics/3/

Note that it is 10% MB rather than 2.3%, so a 4mg dose would require only one drop. One comment in the feedback section mentioned that H2 water almost instantly reduced it to a clear solution. 

If you are going to fool around with dry MB, you should cut it outside and pack it into capsules to get the 4 mg. If any of that stuff lofts into the air inside, you will regret it. 

How are you encapsulating such tiny amounts?  You are making 4 mg pills?  Is that correct?

No, I didn't indicate I was doing that. I'm using the 2.3% liquid drops.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 19 February 2018 - 01:52 PM.

#73 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:25 PM

Turnbuckle -

I'm remembering back a few years ago .... didn't you have what you thought at the time was an adverse reaction to MB?  Or have I misremembered that?

#74 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

Turnbuckle -

I'm remembering back a few years ago .... didn't you have what you thought at the time was an adverse reaction to MB?  Or have I misremembered that?

Yep, this was soon after Rember came out and I tried a dose of 100 mg. The following is from my write-up at the time--

I found that I was thinking more clearly with a dose of 100mg, but when it wore off I was suddenly having difficulty following the plot of TV shows. Uh-oh! So I looked for something that would correct the defective (hyperphosphorylated) tau that causes tangles and tried MB again a couple of days later, this time adding 500 mg niacin every few hours. The problem went away and when the MB wore off I was no worse off for the experience. 

Now I think a much smaller dose along with nicotinamide is better. Dissolve too much hyperphosphorylated tau at once and it might form an even bigger tangle when the MB level declines. So go slow and detoxify. 

#75 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:18 PM

Ah, that explains it.  I had not remembered how high the dose was back then.

Thanks,

#76 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:16 PM

Deletion of BACE1 removes amyloid and improves cognitive function.......................in mice, which means - don't get too excited yet.

http://jem.rupress.o...em.20171831?PR=

#77 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:53 AM

Another supplement for removing A-β plaque, cardiovascular plaque, and even plaque from your teeth is curcumin (the active ingredient of turmeric), which is also excellent for reversing some joint problems. The oral availability is poor unless complexed with something else, such as phosphatidylcholine. Meriva brand curcumin phytosome made short work of a nagging knee injury that had prevented me from running for months, while ordinary curcumin never did anything. So I recommend the phytosome version for oral dosing and the regular curcumin for cleaning teeth (which should only be done in the shower as it can create impossible to remove stains). Brushing with ordinary curcumin powder, rinsing, then brushing with a baking soda toothpaste works best. Turmeric itself is not nearly as good.

References:

Protective Effects of Indian Spice Curcumin Against Amyloid Beta in Alzheimer’s Disease

Recent research on amyloid-β and curcumin has revealed that curcumin prevents amyloid-β aggregation and crosses the blood brain barrier (BBB), reach brain cells and protect neurons from various toxic insults of aging and amyloid-β in humans. Recent research has also reported that curcumin ameliorates cognitive decline and improves synaptic functions in mouse models of AD.

It is well documented that curcumin has multiple beneficial effects for human diseases including cancer, cardiovascular, respiratory, infectious, obesity, obesity, metabolic syndromes and neurological diseases. However, bioavailability of curcumin is very limited, leading to a challenge for the disease treatment.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5796761/

The Curry Spice Curcumin Reduces Oxidative Damage and Amyloid Pathology in an Alzheimer Transgenic Mouse

Low and high doses of curcumin significantly lowered oxidized proteins and interleukin-1β, a proinflammatory cytokine elevated in the brains of these mice. With low-dose but not high-dose curcumin treatment, the astrocytic marker GFAP was reduced, and insoluble β-amyloid (Aβ), soluble Aβ, and plaque burden were significantly decreased by 43–50%. However, levels of amyloid precursor (APP) in the membrane fraction were not reduced. Microgliosis was also suppressed in neuronal layers but not adjacent to plaques. In view of its efficacy and apparent low toxicity, this Indian spice component shows promise for the prevention of Alzheimer's disease.

http://www.jneurosci...21/21/8370.long

Curcumin Ameliorates Arterial Dysfunction and Oxidative Stress with Aging

Our results provide the first evidence that dietary curcumin supplementation ameliorates two clinically important markers of arterial dysfunction with aging: large elastic artery stiffening and endothelial dysfunction.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3557759/

Why Turmeric is Fantastic for Oral Health and Hygiene

https://www.turmeric...lth-and-hygiene

Edited by Turnbuckle, 24 February 2018 - 12:00 PM.

• Informative x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#78 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

Per my prior commend here in this thread, see this new paper from Kroemer on autophagy and salicylate.

#79 biggyrat

• 67 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:43 PM

Hi Turnbuckle and all, 

Thank you so much for this thread.  I'm interested in trying this for myself.  Mainly for prevention although I most definitely notice short term memory loss.  I'm 65 so would love to reverse the memory loss and prevent further issues if at all possible!  

I have not yet done the NAD+ protocol discussed in the thread also started by Turnbuckle.   

Regarding the protocol using HEPPS, Taurine, Oleuropein and vitamin C ( 2 g) , I'm sure that I can't take 2 g of ascorbic acid at one time without getting diarrhea.  Can the 2 g be spread out throughout a day?  

Regarding the use of MB + nicotinamide,  you mention that you took this combo every 5 hours for 24 hrs.  Does this literally mean every 5 hours so that you woke up during the night to take a dosage?  I would love to avoid having to do that if at all possible.  

Thanks again! 

#80 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:35 PM

Hi Turnbuckle and all, 

Thank you so much for this thread.  I'm interested in trying this for myself.  Mainly for prevention although I most definitely notice short term memory loss.  I'm 65 so would love to reverse the memory loss and prevent further issues if at all possible!  

I have not yet done the NAD+ protocol discussed in the thread also started by Turnbuckle.   

Regarding the protocol using HEPPS, Taurine, Oleuropein and vitamin C ( 2 g) , I'm sure that I can't take 2 g of ascorbic acid at one time without getting diarrhea.  Can the 2 g be spread out throughout a day?  

Regarding the use of MB + nicotinamide,  you mention that you took this combo every 5 hours for 24 hrs.  Does this literally mean every 5 hours so that you woke up during the night to take a dosage?  I would love to avoid having to do that if at all possible.  

Thanks again! 

The ideal dosages are not nailed down, so take whatever C you can. As for MB, I take 4 drops of Kordon MB with the nicotinamide of the NAD protocol. And I take MB only once a day, and typically not every day. Maybe 3 times a week. After a year of the NAD protocol my mitochondria appear to be in far better shape than they were. While mito dysfunction is not the cause of AD, mito dysfunction and AD certainly make each other worse.

Mitochondrial function is deregulated in AD and there is growing interest in understanding how altered mitochondrial function may be targeted to inhibit neurodegeneration. Proper modulation of mitochondrial turnover overall to eliminate dysfunctional mitochondria while maintaining efficient functional mitochondrial mass in response to stresses, including hypoxia and nutrient starvation may be relevant in delaying or managing the degenerative process in aging and AD.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#81 biggyrat

• 67 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:38 PM

Thanks Turnbuckle!  

• Agree x 1

#82 biggyrat

• 67 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:59 AM

Hi Turnbuckle, 

Another question for you.  Would you think that taking the AB Plaque protocol ( HEPPS, Taurine, Oleuropein & Ascorbic acid) first for some period of time and then after that, taking the MG with Nicotinimde protocol is the way to do this?  

Again, I haven't yet done the nicotimide / ribose etc protocol ( you mentioned that having done this one yourself, you likely don't have much in the way of Tau).

The  symptom I do notice often is  short term memory issues.  Someone tells me the name of something and I can't remember it an 30 minutes  later for example.  

So in other words, would it be suggested to do the AB Plaque protocol for a number of months and then the Tau protocol?  Or is simultaneously likely okay as well? 

Thanks again...

#83 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:03 PM

Updated Alzheimer's protocol — experimental

For Aβ:

HEPPS [aka, EPPS] — 1g (1/4 level teaspoon)

Taurine — 8-12g (2-3 level teaspoons)

Oleuropein — 200 mg

For tau:

Methylene Blue (MB) — 2-4 drops of Kordon liquid

Vitamin C — 1/4 level teaspoon, sufficient to reduce MB to colorless form (apply drops to C powder with a few drops of water)

Nicotinamide — 250mg

For chelation of metals:

Meriva curcumin (high absorption) — 1-2g

Suggested dosing—once a day until symptoms resolve, then every other day. All except the oleuropein, curcumin and nicotinamide (if in pills) can be added to fruit juice.

Note: I’ve added curcumin to the protocol as it will likely help with removal of Aβ insofar as it can remove metals that could make Aβ more refractory to dissolution. I’d already been taking Meriva curcumin due to its excellent reduction of knee pain. That it can remove metals from the hippocampus suggests it would be good for memory, and in rats has been found to increase nerve growth factors in the hippocampus that were suppressed by stress.

Curcumin reference:

Challenges Associated with Metal Chelation Therapy in Alzheimer's Disease

Studies on neuronal degeneration in the brains of patients with AD show that hippocampus is one of the primary regions affected during the early stages of the disease. Neurotoxic heavy metals like Pb and Cd are known to disrupt structural features of the cells also in this region of the brain. Recent studies suggest that curcumin significantly reduces Pb- and Cd-induced neurotoxicity in rat hippocampal neurons and increased hippocampal neurogenesis in chronically stressed rats. The ability of curcumin to bind toxic metals and to form tight and inactive complexes could be a plausible pathway by which curcumin offers protection to the brain. The anti-inflammatory property of curcumin could also contribute to the reduced amount of swelling observed within neuronal cells.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2931820/

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#84 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:21 PM

So in other words, would it be suggested to do the AB Plaque protocol for a number of months and then the Tau protocol?  Or is simultaneously likely okay as well? 

Thanks again...

I would suggest doing both together as described in the post above (#83). Senile plaques have both Aβ and tau in them, so it makes sense to go after both at the same time. As for the N+R fission/fusion protocol for upgrading mitochondria (from another thread), I would do that later. Symptoms of AD I would treat as an emergency situation, while upgrading mitochondria can be done in a more leisurely manner.

• Agree x 1

#85 biggyrat

• 67 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:30 AM

Thank you  Turnbuckle, mucho mucho for the clarifications.  

Cheers...

• Agree x 1

#86 biggyrat

• 67 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:51 AM

Sorry- I hadn't seen the updated protocol ( post 83).  So you dropped the 2 g of ascorbic acid with the AB Plaque protocol?  

Does it matter whether these protocols are taken with or without food? 

Also, I have some MB,  got it from Natural Blue Solutions in San Diego.  Label says:

Methylene Blue Trihydrate USP.  4% 1 drop = 2 mg Liposomal Form.   So looks like you are using 4 mg for this protocol, so 32 drops of the one I have.  

Thanks...

#87 biggyrat

• 67 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:31 AM

I meant 2 drops, not 32 drops of the MB that I have.  

I meant 2 drops, not 32 drops of the MB that I have.  

#88 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:51 AM

Sorry- I hadn't seen the updated protocol ( post 83).  So you dropped the 2 g of ascorbic acid with the AB Plaque protocol?  

Does it matter whether these protocols are taken with or without food? 

The 1/4 teaspoon of C powder is around 1g. Take more if you wish. As for food, I take this with fruit juice. I hold off eating for half an hour or more to insure that it gets going.

#89 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:25 AM

I wonder if what I have is Alzheimer's at all sometimes. Could it be cerebral Microvascular Disease? If so should I treat it in the same way as Alzheimer's? It started about 10 years ago with tinnitus when I put any strain on my jaw like opening bottles with my teeth and so on. Then the tinnitus started going all the time and I noticed that my intelligence had dropped. Turnbuckle as you are an expert and know about these things. Is what I have Alzheimer's? I also have pain in my head and some sort of albumin like substance coming into my mouth. How should I attempt to treat this? I think it might have been caused by eating far too much sugar. I never got headaches when I was well. What can I do? There's so much inflammation in my head. I'm very anxious about it. Is it Alzheimer's or some other neurodegenerative disease?
I have had walking problems too though that's restored at least for now.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:46 PM

I wonder if what I have is Alzheimer's at all sometimes. Could it be cerebral Microvascular Disease? If so should I treat it in the same way as Alzheimer's? It started about 10 years ago with tinnitus when I put any strain on my jaw like opening bottles with my teeth and so on. Then the tinnitus started going all the time and I noticed that my intelligence had dropped. Turnbuckle as you are an expert and know about these things. Is what I have Alzheimer's? I also have pain in my head and some sort of albumin like substance coming into my mouth. How should I attempt to treat this? I think it might have been caused by eating far too much sugar. I never got headaches when I was well. What can I do? There's so much inflammation in my head. I'm very anxious about it. Is it Alzheimer's or some other neurodegenerative disease?
I have had walking problems too though that's restored at least for now.

I'm not a medical doctor and can't give give you a diagnosis (though I'm sure many here would love to jump in and do just that). The tinnitus is interesting as I have that too. It varies randomly from nothing to somewhat annoying. There are many ideas on what causes it, but your observation that yours might be associated with your teeth suggests one of them--that it might come from mercury fillings. Either directly by producing electrical currents or as a toxic effect of mercury in the brain. And of course you could get mercury from other sources and there are many symptoms. See Mercury Toxicity Clinical Presentation.

I suspect the dental profession has been poisoning the public with mercury for so long that they can never admit it, as the lawsuits would destroy them. Once I questioned my dentist about the safety of mercury/silver fillings and he became quite defensive. It was perfectly safe he said as he sealed the filling crumbs into a jar under oil, as it is considered hazardous waste by the state.

Another tinnitus hypothesis is that it stems from hearing loss and the noise is related to phantom limb pain, but in this case it's the brain perceiving high pitched sounds that you can no longer hear as that part of the brain is no longer being stimulated. And as others speculate that hearing loss could result from AD--Hearing Loss May Be Linked to Dementia in Those with Family History--you'd expect that tinnitus might be related as well. At least in a few cases.

• Needs references x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aβ plaques, plaques, oleuropein, hepps, tau

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users