- - - - -

Wild Reishi

reishi wild

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Galaxyshock

• 1,462 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:35 AM

Is wild Reishi mushroom considerably superior to cultivated one? I'm considering buying 50 ml of finnish wild reishi liquid extract for €19,99. It's standardized to 30mg beta glucans per serving, seems quite small amount? For about the same price I could get 50 grams of cultivated dual-extracted Reishi as powder and that has been effective for me. Dragon Herbs Wild Reishi liquid extract has pretty good reviews and isn't much bigger bottle than the one I'm considering.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

#2 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

(...) 50 grams of cultivated dual-extracted Reishi as powder

And what kind of powder/brand are you normally buying? Dragon Herbs as a brand has been good in the past for me but never tried their Wild Reishi liquid extract.

Edited by 8bitmore, 27 January 2018 - 02:26 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

(...) 50 grams of cultivated dual-extracted Reishi as powder

And what kind of powder/brand are you normally buying? Dragon Herbs as a brand has been good in the past for me but never tried their Wild Reishi liquid extract.

A finnish brand that imports from China. Dual-extracted (both ethanol and hot water) Reishi standardized to 30 % polysaccharides and 2 % triterpenes. 50 grams for €19,90 seems quite good price since the stuff is effective. Dragon Herbs Duanwood Reishi is pretty popular, 100 x 450 mg veggie caps = 45 grams for €28,08 (iHerb) so a bit more expensive. Would like to try it out though.

#4 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:24 AM

A finnish brand that imports from China. Dual-extracted (both ethanol and hot water) Reishi standardized to 30 % polysaccharides and 2 % triterpenes. 50 grams for €19,90 seems quite good price since the stuff is effective. Dragon Herbs Duanwood Reishi is pretty popular, 100 x 450 mg veggie caps = 45 grams for €28,08 (iHerb) so a bit more expensive. Would like to try it out though.

A powdered extract is actually just a liquid extract but without the liquid. It offers much better value for money.  Caveat emptor !

There is no such thing as 'liquid Reishi'. What you get is a liquid with dissolved bioactive particles in it.

95% of the product is actually liquid, useless in itself. It is just a carrier. That can be water, alcohol, a mix of those or other things. What I've seen so far is that in general there is about 1 gram of 'dissolved solids' in a  standard bottle. So you are paying € 19,90 for one, if you are lucky two grams of actual reishi extract. That equals 6 capsules with extract powder.... pretty expensive for you, but a very good margin for the seller !  BTW did they show you a third party test report ? Their claims sound unlikely, I've never seen a liquid product with validated specifications.

All that aside - Polysaccharides are not equal to beta-glucan; many vendors try to fool you that way. Polysaccharides include cellulose, starch, dextrin, chitin and many many other useless compounds. Beta-glucan is what you should look for - it is easy and cheap to test so actually endors have no longer an excuse to not test their stuff. The beta-glucan test is even AOAC validated now, Paul Stamets eat your heart out !!

#5 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

Yeah I've kinda been thinking about the same thing. But for some reason some extracts on liquid seem to have much more kick to them than capsules. Like that Ginseng Sublime, a small dropper gave me very powerful effect that I haven't been able to replicate with other Ginsengs even in megadoses. Another one was St. John's Wort extract from local vendor that worked rapidly, whereas with some products felt like I'm taking capsules with useless plant matter in them.

I did buy some wild Reishi from local vendor to try it out.

• Good Point x 1

#6 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

uhm i dont think reishi's beta glucans are the things that have effect on you. from what i read about reishi, its their triterpenoids that have some biological value. you should probably check on this more before you buy liquids or capsules stating only beta glucans etc.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#7 Benko

• 221 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:02 PM

Vlad,

If beta glucan is of interest, can't you just eat oatmeal?  (not that I don't think Reishi is worth it, but perhaps for other reasons)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:42 PM

not just oats or mushrooms contain beta glucans. they are widely available in nature. thats why i mentioned reishi's benefits ARENT its beta glucans

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reishi, wild

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users