- - - - -

Am I eating too much Saturated fat?

saturated fat eating too much?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 mccoy

• 155 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:26 PM

And, on hearth health, I heard about the calcification score (CAC) provided by CT imaging cited by Joel Kahn, that seems to be the best to actually determine heart health, beyond the usual lipids/glucose/pressure and so on tests. This because you can actually measure coronary calcification which constitutes the ultimate hazard as far as I understood.

https://drjoelkahn.c...therosclerosis/

#32 Mind

• Life Member, Moderator, Secretary
  • 15,685 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:52 PM

It's better to do it and get it off your mind and focus on worthwhile endeavors right? Even if everything's alright, it's peace of mind. 

Another data point came in the other day when I got an eye exam. Apparently arteries in the eye are a proxy for other arteries in the body (blockages, calcification, etc.). They had a new digital imager at the optometrist's office that takes detailed pictures of the back of your eye. All of the arteries in my eye looked great (from what I could tell and in the opinion of the optometrist). Not a guarantee that everything is perfect in my heart as well, but a good sign.

Edited by Mind, 16 April 2018 - 04:53 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Rocket

• 618 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:34 PM

Obvious question.... Have you had your blood tested to see what your lipids are? (I have not read this entire thread).

Supplements that will lower lipids are *REAL* Niacin and Taurine. I take about 20-30g of Taurine a day. My total cholesterol at my last test about a month ago was VERY low. Lower than before taking Taurine and only being on Niacin.

I like to eat 2-3 raw eggs a day for their cholesterol which I believe is very healthy for the body.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: saturated fat, eating too much?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users