Photo

RevGenetics Nicotinamide Riboside

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:31 PM

Interesting - it looks like Revgenetics has jumped into the business of selling Non Niagen NR...

Just got this email from them advertising a 10 gram jar of pure NR powder.  

Some interesting ideas in the email about combining NMN + NR - possibly inspired by some conversations on this forum? 

( I have NO AFFILIATION with Revgenetics at all, other than as a customer )

Quality and pricing are always important to our customers. This week we decided to check pricing on NR (Nicotinamide Riboside) on Amazon to see if we could offer decent prices on this product to those who wanted to combine NR with NMN and Resveratrol.
FYI: *Trademark names used by other companies who are not related to RevGenetics for NR or NR related products include 'Niagen®' and 'Niacel®'. See bottom for full disclosure on trademarks.
Today we wanted to announce a Pre-Sale on our version of this product. The price per gram we offer below beats all prices per gram on NR that we have found on Amazon.

This is a limited product offering. We simply don't know if this is something many of our customers want at RevGenetics. Let us know if this product should be carried on RevGenetics.

Simply NR™ 

$39.99/ea While On Pre-Sale 
10 Grams Of Pure Nicotinamide Riboside Powder - 250mg Serving - 40 Servings 
(
Click To Order)  

Simply NR
 in this product is absorbed slowly. It is estimated to take about 8 hours, while NMN products take about 30 minutes. Some folks believe combining both NR and
NMN can provide good NAD+ supplementation and boost Resveratrol effects because of NAD+ production. (Final product shipped may be different than image shown).

What does NR do?
It is considered an NAD+ slow pre-cursor

Pure. The Purity of the Nicotinamide Riboside RevGenetics uses approaches 99% - Each level unpacked scoop contains approximately 250 mg of NR with 40 servings per container. This product has no excipients or additives, only purest RevGenetics NR.

Slow: We believe this is absorbed within 8 hours while NMN products take approximately 30 minutes.

Limited time: We believe the best product we have for NAD+ in older folks is NMN because of the speed of its absorption (about 30 minutes), however many people wanted to know if we could provide the slower absorption NR (about 8 hours) so that they can combine it with the NMN and resveratrol that we also carry. We are temporarily making this available as a trial in powder form, to see if this is something that our customers want.

How do you take this powder? We admit the powder scooped can vary widely when you use the tiny 1/8 teaspoon scoop we include. We have used the scoop many times, and find that approximately 250mg is possible when scooping up a level non-packed scoop of powder. However, if the scoop isn't level, you can have the scoop provide as much as 340mg easily, so we suggest scooping up some powder and then using a paper card to slide back the excess powder that is not level with the scoop back in the container. An easier method to take this powder is to dissolve it: The best method we have found for this powder is to simply dissolve all of the 10 grams of powder in a large water bottle, and then divide the liquid into 40 equal parts of water. You can then take 1 part daily for 40 days. We use a small shot glass that we have measured out for this purpose. The NR is completely water soluble and easily disbursed properly in the liquid. We feel this is the easiest method to use this powder product.

Edited by able, 27 February 2018 - 05:34 PM.

• Informative x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • like x 1

#2 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:16 PM

They will stop selling it. They didn’t know they are violating ChromaDex patents.
  • Needs references x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 able

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

Did they tell you they will stop, or is that a guess?

Hard to imagine they could produce this without knowing about Chromadex patent.

Maybe you mean that you think interpretation of the patents are faulty and Chromadex will drop some cease and desist letters on them to shut them down?

Guess I'd better put In a big order now - looks perfect for sublingual NR.

Edited by able, 28 February 2018 - 08:34 PM.

#4 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

Maybe you mean that you think interpretation of the patents are faulty and Chromadex will drop some cease and desist letters on them to shut them down?

They told me they will stop and may dump the powder in trash.
  • Needs references x 3
  • Ill informed x 1

#5 able

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:47 PM

wow, that is bizarre.   

I could understand them bowing to legal pressure.  But outright ignorance and dropping a product so quick is very strange.

Edited by able, 28 February 2018 - 09:26 PM.

#6 able

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:50 PM

Can you provide some clarification on how they communicated this?  by phone, email, or what?

I was able to make an order for this last night, and all seems on track to ship next week.

The customer service people that answer the phone  this morning are telling me they know nothing of this supposed stop order you speak of, and continue to take orders.

Edited by able, 01 March 2018 - 04:52 PM.

• Good Point x 2
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#7 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:36 PM

Can you provide some clarification on how they communicated this? by phone, email, or what?

I was able to make an order for this last night, and all seems on track to ship next week.

The customer service people that answer the phone this morning are telling me they know nothing of this supposed stop order you speak of, and continue to take orders.
Anthony called me from this number. ‭

10g at $39 is not cheap. On top of that, it is sourced from China.
250mg per day for 30 days is 7.5g. You can get it for $31.50 from life extension. You can buy 12 bottles of Tru Niagen at $32.

Edited by MikeDC, 01 March 2018 - 05:57 PM.

• Off-Topic x 2
  • Informative x 1

#8 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:42 PM

MikeDC

This is the NMN thread.  Go pump your Chromadex stock elsewhere.

• like x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#9 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:47 PM

MikeDC

This is the NMN thread. Go pump your Chromadex stock elsewhere.

I am not pumping NR. I am just replying to a message related to NR powder.
  • unsure x 1

#10 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:53 PM

Hi Mike,

that was you I called back?

Thanks for Doxing my number, I won't Dox yours, but I do recall you stated that you were a shareholder when I asked you if you worked for Chromadex.

Let me clarify things:

What I stated is that I was not sure any patent infringement was happening, but that if Chromadex sent us a cease and desist, we would happily comply since we aren't going to fight any claims even if we did purchase if from someone else, who may have purchased it from Chromadex. (I guess we would toss the NR we had purchased in the trash at that point)

Having said that, I am not sure we are in violation of any patent since we aren't making the darn stuff and are only researching its demand.

We simply decided to provide it to folks, to see if there was a demand from our customers. 

Personally, I like NMN better... but if there is a demand, we may find a way to provide it for our customers, especially if Chromadex gives us better pricing to do so.

Cheers

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 01 March 2018 - 05:54 PM.

• Informative x 4
  • like x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#11 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:02 PM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for Doxing my number, I won't Dox yours, but I do recall you stated that you were a shareholder when I asked you if you worked for Chromadex.

Let me clarify things:
What I stated is that I was not sure any patent infringement was happening, but that if Chromadex sent us a cease and desist, we would happily comply since we aren't going to fight any claims even if we did purchase if from someone else, who may have purchased it from Chromadex. (I guess we would toss the NR we had purchased in the trash at that point)

Having said that, I am not sure we are in violation of any patent since we aren't making the darn stuff and are only researching its demand.

We simply decided to provide it to folks, to see if there was a demand from our customers.
Personally, I like NMN better... but if there is a demand, we may find a way to provide it for our customers, especially if Chromadex gives us better pricing to do so.

Cheers

A

I removed your number. You said your source is from China. You also said you will stop selling it or dump it in trash on the second call.
  • Off-Topic x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Informative x 1

#12 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

Yet another perfect example of why NMN needs its own subforum. I didn't pay my $50.00 membership to sign up for a Chromadex / NR lovefest. 

• Good Point x 3
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#13 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:14 PM

Hi Mike,

Let me clarify things:

Cheers

A

I removed your number. You said your source is from China. You also said you will stop selling it or dump it in trash on the second call.

Hi Mike,

thanks for removing my number, I appreciate it.

I did say I would probably stop selling it and toss the NR in the trash if we ever got a cease and desist, you are right.

I then called you a second time remember? (after looking at the sales, and seeing there was not much interest from our customers) and thanked you for your information... and that we will probably stop selling it.

From my standpoint,

why should the company be yet ANOTHER company who sells NR on the internet, if there is no demand from our customers?

It makes no sense.

A

• Informative x 1

#14 able

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:30 PM

Anthony - thanks for jumping in to clarify.  Mikes posts often require that.

As for demand - I hope it will support you continuing this product.

I have had much better results from sublingual NMN vs NMN capsules, and believe it is due to faster aborption with less loss from digestion.

I also want to try sublingual NR, but find the HPN powder adds 2.375 grams of fruuctoglycerides for 125 grams of NR, which isn't good for sublingual use.

https://hpnsupplemen...oduct/nr-niagen

Maybe more customers will appreciate your option as time goes by.

Edited by able, 01 March 2018 - 06:31 PM.

• Cheerful x 1

#15 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:55 PM

I am also interested in your product  and I am sure that many others will be too. Clarify the origins of your NR and since your company does not shoulder the research costs work towards lower pricing...

#16 brighty

• 28 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:54 PM

It is not that cheap. I could get TRU NIAGEN for $31.67 per bottle if I get a bulk of 12 bottles. On top of that, TRU NIAGEN comes with capsules so there is no need to deal with powders. How do we know SimplyNR is as good or better than Chromdax branded Niagen? How do we know it is as legit?

Recently I picked up 30 pills of 250mg Life Extension Niagen using a coupon for $22 when they were on sale on Amazon. If you search around on Ebay, you could pick up 60 pills of 250 mg for $49. That comes out to be around $3.27 per gram, which is cheaper than $4 per gram here. On top of that, I would not have to deal with powders.

When Prohealth was still a supplier of Niagen, I could get 60 pills of 333 mg for $60. That comes out to be around $3 per gram. Sometimes I could get a bottle for as low as $50 when I waited for the right time.

I am not trying to trash Revgentics or SimplyNR. I am trying to give a feedback that I have been paying lower prices than what they offer.

• unsure x 1

#17 able

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:06 PM

It is not that cheap. I could get TRU NIAGEN for $31.67 per bottle if I get a bulk of 12 bottles. On top of that, TRU NIAGEN comes with capsules so there is no need to deal with powders. How do we know SimplyNR is as good or better than Chromdax branded Niagen? How do we know it is as legit?

Recently I picked up 30 pills of 250mg Life Extension Niagen using a coupon for $22 when they were on sale on Amazon. If you search around on Ebay, you could pick up 60 pills of 250 mg for $49. That comes out to be around $3.27 per gram, which is cheaper than $4 per gram here. On top of that, I would not have to deal with powders.

When Prohealth was still a supplier of Niagen, I could get 60 pills of 333 mg for $60. That comes out to be around $3 per gram. Sometimes I could get a bottle for as low as $50 when I waited for the right time.

I am not trying to trash Revgentics or SimplyNR. I am trying to give a feedback that I have been paying lower prices than what they offer.

Good point that you can find NR less expensively.

However, some people really dislike taking capsules, and prefer a powder.  I'm certainly not one of them.

But for me, the attraction of a powder allows to use it in water, or sublingual, to bypass the stomach/intestines, and hopefully increase absorption direct to bloodstream.

Edited by able, 02 March 2018 - 02:08 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#18 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:22 PM

Can someone explain to me why MikeDC is still allowed to post here? He and a couple others like him are driving legitimate people away. I hate having to filter through his crap and don't have the time for it.... which is why I don't bother here much anymore.

• Agree x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users