Nilotinib showed potential benefit in PD - Phase I Trail

nilotinib parkinson l c-abl

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 khalidnt

• 30 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:36 PM

Good news for people with PD.  

Phase I trail, Nilotinib showed potential benefit in PD.

The nilotinib trial is one of many examples of repurposing, or repositioning, therapies for Parkinson's. Repurposing is taking an existing medication approved by the FDA for one condition and using it to treat another; it can be a promising path to new PD therapies. But patients and clinicians are urged to wait for additional safety and efficacy data before adding nilotinib or any other repurposed drug to their regimen.

A Phase II clinical trial to evaluate the safety and tolerability of nilotinib in Parkinson's disease (PD) -- NILO-PD -- is under way at 25 sites across the United States. Researchers are looking to enroll 75 volunteers.

#2 David Watford

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:43 AM

Hi,

I was party to a group buy of Nilotinib. It has been of great benefit to me, reducing my UPDRS Part III score from 43 to 20 (using roughly 100mg/day) But there now appears that new analogue, Radotinib, is even better. I'd be interested in getting hold of some of this via a group by, if we could organise this.

David

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 khalidnt

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:59 PM

Hi,

I was party to a group buy of Nilotinib. It has been of great benefit to me, reducing my UPDRS Part III score from 43 to 20 (using roughly 100mg/day) But there now appears that new analogue, Radotinib, is even better. I'd be interested in getting hold of some of this via a group by, if we could organise this.

David

Hello David,

We are glade to hear this good news.  appreciate if you share your experience with more interesting details.

Nilotinib vs. Radotinib

Both are second-generation of Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors (TKIs) for treatment patients with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) with resistant cases. 

Nilotinib trails done for different ethnic groups vs. Radotinib done for Asian patients.

Nilotinib approved in many countries vs. Radotinib approved in Korea only.

If your body didn't build a tolerance from Nilotinib why change.  Radotinib is available in the market; however, more supporting reasons are appreciated to convince ppl with PD to change.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:27 AM

phase II trial

75 participants randomized to receive either placebo, 150mg or 300 mg of nilotinib

participants took the placebo/nilotinib by mouth for 12 months, followed by a 3-month period of taking no placebo/nilotinib (washout).

participants taking nilotinib had reduced levels of alpha-synuclein (20%) and tau (30%), two toxic proteins characteristic of those with Parkinson's disease.

those taking nilotinib had a significantly increased level of dopamine metabolites (>50%) suggesting that the clearance of the toxic proteins allowed for an increased utilization of the brain's own dopamine.

These are great results, I would argue.

Source:
https://www.eurekale...c-nas121019.php

Edited by rikelme, 06 February 2020 - 06:28 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nilotinib parkinson l, c-abl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users